Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

VPC Questions vs. what dealer said

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 05:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Monaco Blue 530i - Sprt, prem, cld weather, nav, logic 7 2004 Topaz Blue 330ci - Grey interior, prem, sprt, cld weather, nav, m rims 2006 X5 - Prem, sprt, servotronic, prem snd, panorama roof. 2002 (i know this doesn;t count) IS300 - suede/leather combo, kit, prem, sport

Hi all. I am a 26 year old Conneticut BMW lover who just order Number 3 so far. I had a 199 4 door M3 and than i am trading in my 2003 Topaz Blue 330Ci w sprt, prem, nam, cld weather, m rims, lipe spoiler for my brand new 2006 530i. Now i got Monaco Blue with Tan interior which is a hot topic i've seen on here before. However with this being only the second BMW ordered and knowing people here have ordered far more times than me i had some questions. First i am a little upset with the dealer b/c while i was finsihing up the ppwk, my mother and brother stopped in dealership to see what i bought......And my Mom bought an X5 on the spot. Good day for dealer right? Wrong!! He wouldn't even through in the chrome key fob for her. Anyway maybe i am being petty. My real questions deal with the VPC. I didn't order M kit originally but i asked my dealer about having it added at VPC, here is his response

Hi Anthony,

When the car arrives here we can install the arrow kit for you including the spoiler for the price of $3959.10 with tax or you can do this at anytime you take delivery, but the VPC won't be able to handle this. Primariliy the VPC work deals with damage incurred while in transit. If you look at the owners circle yours in En Route!

Client Advisor
Bmw & Mercedes Benz of

Now, here is my thing. Number 1 that seems over priced. i always do my cars aftermarket up so i'm know my stuff and that seems WAY over invoice.

Anyway i love this forum and i look foward to posting pics and posting for a long while
Old 03-04-2006, 08:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by antconsig' post='249684' date='Mar 4 2006, 10:54 AM
Hi all. I am a 26 year old Conneticut BMW lover who just order Number 3 so far. I had a 199 4 door M3 and than i am trading in my 2003 Topaz Blue 330Ci w sprt, prem, nam, cld weather, m rims, lipe spoiler for my brand new 2006 530i. Now i got Monaco Blue with Tan interior which is a hot topic i've seen on here before. However with this being only the second BMW ordered and knowing people here have ordered far more times than me i had some questions. First i am a little upset with the dealer b/c while i was finsihing up the ppwk, my mother and brother stopped in dealership to see what i bought......And my Mom bought an X5 on the spot. Good day for dealer right? Wrong!! He wouldn't even through in the chrome key fob for her. Anyway maybe i am being petty. My real questions deal with the VPC. I didn't order M kit originally but i asked my dealer about having it added at VPC, here is his response

Hi Anthony,

When the car arrives here we can install the arrow kit for you including the spoiler for the price of $3959.10 with tax or you can do this at anytime you take delivery, but the VPC won't be able to handle this. Primariliy the VPC work deals with damage incurred while in transit. If you look at the owners circle yours in En Route!

Client Advisor
Bmw & Mercedes Benz of
Now, here is my thing. Number 1 that seems over priced. i always do my cars aftermarket up so i'm know my stuff and that seems WAY over invoice.

Anyway i love this forum and i look foward to posting pics and posting for a long while
Im having my ///M Aero Kit installed at the VDC. My understanding is in the past 6 months the VDC now does install Aero kits. Im getting it at cost ($2,461), because my entire deal was done at cost plus, so any incremental options are at cost. The VDC is the expert location to do this. I asked many here what to do and this is the way im going. The advantage of having the dealer do it is that you get your old bumpers back. With VDC you don't.

Your dealer should be giving you a better deal because you just bought 2 cars there. Call around and shop the Aero kit and the VDC details, don't just accept what this guy tells you.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i, Auburn Int., AS, CA, SMG, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats, HUD, Navi, SIRIUS, M Body Kit

Well you are also adding the rear deck lip as well... $2,461 is just for the aero kit which doesnt include that. To get the lip on the back it should be around 400-500 painted and installed from what I understand so he is kinda making money off of that... its up to you to negotiate with him and you should negotiate hard just because you ordered 2 cars from the guy.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Monaco Blue 530i - Sprt, prem, cld weather, nav, logic 7 2004 Topaz Blue 330ci - Grey interior, prem, sprt, cld weather, nav, m rims 2006 X5 - Prem, sprt, servotronic, prem snd, panorama roof. 2002 (i know this doesn;t count) IS300 - suede/leather combo, kit, prem, sport

thanks for all your help. I have placed a call to the dealer again and am awaiting a return call. Hiooefully he is willing to budge and i know wenough about it where i'm confident i would be more educated in the subject most likely anyway. Funny thing is, while i was out, the Owner of the Benz/Bmw called here to thank me for buying my 5th + 6th cars from him and if i need anything to give him a call. I briefly know him from past visits and we've spoken so it's good he would know who i am. But i want to the give ths salesman the respect of negotiating before i go over his head
Old 04-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 550i (5.4.06 pickup in Munchen) '01 740i (on the block) '03 325i (wife's) '02 330i (retired and missed) '93 325is (the one that started it all)

I, too, am having the aero kit installed at the VPC (Hueneme). I was quoted $2,461 (painted and installed), as the wholesale price, just like Veight. I noticed on the price sheet my dealer had that the rear deck spoiler, installed and painted, is around $360 (wholesale). So, yes, $3959 is way out of line.

Veight, did your dealer tell you there may or may not be a 10% premium added on the cost by the VPC that was out of his/her hands? Mine told me that, and I am kind of curious. Please advise...

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigGuns' post='265527' date='Apr 6 2006, 11:40 AM
I, too, am having the aero kit installed at the VPC (Hueneme). I was quoted $2,461 (painted and installed), as the wholesale price, just like Veight. I noticed on the price sheet my dealer had that the rear deck spoiler, installed and painted, is around $360 (wholesale). So, yes, $3959 is way out of line.

Veight, did your dealer tell you there may or may not be a 10% premium added on the cost by the VPC that was out of his/her hands? Mine told me that, and I am kind of curious. Please advise...

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes the dealer came back and told me I would now have to pay an addl 300 on my aero kit to offset their 10%.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigGuns' post='265527' date='Apr 6 2006, 11:40 AM

Thanks.

BTW i see on bimmerfest you are taking your ED just about the same day im taking mine. Have you thought about intentionally smashing up your bumpers in Germany since we are getting them replaced at the VPC anyway? Just a thought.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 550i (5.4.06 pickup in Munchen) '01 740i (on the block) '03 325i (wife's) '02 330i (retired and missed) '93 325is (the one that started it all)

Originally Posted by Veight' post='265585' date='Apr 6 2006, 12:15 PM
BTW i see on bimmerfest you are taking your ED just about the same day im taking mine. Have you thought about intentionally smashing up your bumpers in Germany since we are getting them replaced at the VPC anyway? Just a thought.
No, but I've thought of somehow damaging my tires and wheels to make it look like it could've happened "in transport", thereby getting them replaced as new, so when I put my new ones on (OEM 19s - within minutes of taking redelivery), my wheel shop gives me a better trade value!

Are you still thinking of keeping the original bumpers and selling them, or are you smashing them up, and looking for moral support???
Old 04-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigGuns' post='265979' date='Apr 7 2006, 11:56 AM
No, but I've thought of somehow damaging my tires and wheels to make it look like it could've happened "in transport", thereby getting them replaced as new, so when I put my new ones on (OEM 19s - within minutes of taking redelivery), my wheel shop gives me a better trade value!

Are you still thinking of keeping the original bumpers and selling them, or are you smashing them up, and looking for moral support???
No, I decided to have the experts at the VPC paint and install them so my bumpers will be shipped back in the "bumper ship" and installed on someone elses new E60.

I am now exactly one month from eding my 550. You hanging around Munich till the 7th and 8th to share a beer and do some drag racing down the autobahn in our twin 550's?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='266404' date='Apr 8 2006, 09:56 AM
No, I decided to have the experts at the VPC paint and install them so my bumpers will be shipped back in the "bumper ship" and installed on someone elses new E60.

I am now exactly one month from eding my 550. You hanging around Munich till the 7th and 8th to share a beer and do some drag racing down the autobahn in our twin 550's?
I beleive you made the right decision on the bumpers.

Smiling and shaking my head about the great idea of flying down the A-bahn side by side, but, unfortunately, my wife and I are off to Venice, through Fussen, on the 5th. I would love to hang out, but, I won't be around... :thumbsdown:

Where are you headed?

Quick Reply: VPC Questions vs. what dealer said