5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   "Vehicle Check" in IDRIVE (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/vehicle-check-idrive-92084/)

JM20 01-11-2010 04:57 PM

HI -

I have a 2007 525i...
Under "Service Info" it states I'm due for a "Vehicle Check" in about 6000 miles.
Can anyone tell me what this is (just a visual inspection???) and if it's actually required under the CPO warranty.
When I brought the car to the dealership for an oil change they said I would need to get this done, but did not specify if it's actually required to maintain the CPO warranty.

I remember when looking at the CPO BMW's, one salesman tried to talk me into $2400 extended maint. warranty and said the 60k vehicle check is over $900, so I better purchase the warranty because I would use it.
I know I'm gambling without purchasing that warranty, but if the car seems to be having no issues then do I really need to have this vehicle check done? Does it really cost $900 at the dealer? Just reset the interval?

I tried searching the forum for this info, but vehicle check returned 22 pages of results and after sifting through 11 pages I gave up.

Thanks!

PraiseTheLowered 01-11-2010 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by JM20' post='1088528' date='Jan 11 2010, 05:57 PM
HI -

I have a 2007 525i...
Under "Service Info" it states I'm due for a "Vehicle Check" in about 6000 miles.
Can anyone tell me what this is (just a visual inspection???) and if it's actually required under the CPO warranty.
When I brought the car to the dealership for an oil change they said I would need to get this done, but did not specify if it's actually required to maintain the CPO warranty.

I remember when looking at the CPO BMW's, one salesman tried to talk me into $2400 extended maint. warranty and said the 60k vehicle check is over $900, so I better purchase the warranty because I would use it.
I know I'm gambling without purchasing that warranty, but if the car seems to be having no issues then do I really need to have this vehicle check done? Does it really cost $900 at the dealer? Just reset the interval?

I tried searching the forum for this info, but vehicle check returned 22 pages of results and after sifting through 11 pages I gave up.

Thanks!

anything in idrive for service is not covered by CPO and you can negotiate down to $1695 for that ext mant contract, i paid $2000 for mine

gary8665 01-11-2010 07:06 PM

What is CPO warranty? What does CPO stand for?

Lawr 01-11-2010 07:11 PM

Certified Pre-Owned

Opus 01-11-2010 07:49 PM

I'm not sure on the 5 series but when I had my 325i a few years back I paid under $300 for the 30k service which included an oil change and I believe around $400 for the 60k service which again included an oil change. I didn't think that was too bad since the toyota dealership wanted $700 for the 30k service on my wife's sequoia. Skipped that one and had a 60k service done at a mechanics shop plus had all 4 brake pads changed and the rotors machined for under $600.

JM20 01-12-2010 05:32 AM

Sorry for any confusion?my main question is ?Do you recommend that I get the Vehicle Check completed?? or is it a waste of money if everything seems fine with the vehicle?
Thanks again!

porsche911targa 01-12-2010 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by JM20' post='1088923' date='Jan 12 2010, 09:32 AM
Sorry for any confusion?my main question is ?Do you recommend that I get the Vehicle Check completed?? or is it a waste of money if everything seems fine with the vehicle?
Thanks again!

Yes, I highly recommend that you get this service. With these cars, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Actually, the service intervals as required by iDrive are quite conservative. You should do a lot more maintenance than what iDrive recommends, if you plan to keep your car well past the warranty period.

bmx 01-12-2010 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by JM20' post='1088528' date='Jan 11 2010, 07:57 PM
HI -

I have a 2007 525i...

Thanks!

I've just had a 50k Vehicle Check done at the dealer for $115. I believed they run some test with the computer and visual inspections, that's what they told me.

JM20 01-12-2010 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1088956' date='Jan 12 2010, 10:36 AM
Yes, I highly recommend that you get this service. With these cars, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Actually, the service intervals as required by iDrive are quite conservative. You should do a lot more maintenance than what iDrive recommends, if you plan to keep your car well past the warranty period.

Thanks! I was sort of thinking the same thing but just needed to hear it from someone else.

Have a good one!

JM20 01-12-2010 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by bmx' post='1088998' date='Jan 12 2010, 11:25 AM
I've just had a 50k Vehicle Check done at the dealer for $115. I believed they run some test with the computer and visual inspections, that's what they told me.

Much better than I thought. For that amount I will definitely get it done. A salesman at another dealer (before I bought my car) told me it would be $899...which I will not be going there!

Thanks again! :)