Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Updating a Vehicle Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adapt VO (Vehicle Order)

To modify the vehicle order (VO) or to reload an existing VO, the appropriate VO must be loaded to an empty floppy disk. The VO file is supplied by e-mail from the Technical Hotline. Please make request using the PUMA system. A return e-mail address must be provided.

Connect the vehicle to an approved BMW battery charger

Insert the disk into the floppy drive.

With the appropriate diagnostic head connected to the vehicle, start a Progman session.

Select the appropriate vehicle model.

Press the "Vehicle" button at the screen with the text "Program SELECTION: 1. Terminate CIP 2. Load software 3. Car & Key Memory (CKM) ... ".

Press "Vehicle order".

Press "Adapt VO" and follow the on-screen instructions.

For additional information on the Vehicle Order refer to SI B09 03 06.

************************************************** ******************************
SI B 09 03 06
Coding/Programming Explanations January 2006
Technical Service

Load Graphics
SUBJECT
Deciphering and Troubleshooting the Vehicle Order

MODEL
E46 (3 Series from 9/01)

E60/61 (5 Series)

E63/64 (6 Series)

E65/66 (7 Series)

E83 (X3)

E85 (Z4)

E90/91 (3 Series)

GENERAL INFORMATION
A corrupt or incorrect Vehicle Order (VO) can cause the following problems:

Inability to enter into, or set Car & Key Memory.

The PROGMAN Measures Plan shows one or more module(s) to be replaced or installed.

Functions or retrofits are missing or inoperative in the vehicle.

[S0906U01.JPG]
The Vehicle Order (VO) (1) can be found at the top of any PROGMAN Measures Plan.

[S0906U02.JPG]
The Vehicle Order can be cross-checked against the factory specifications using the DETAILS button in the overview screen in a PuMA case.
If a case has not been created:

Go to create case.

Enter the VIN and click on display.

Press DETAILS button.

It is not necessary to complete a case to view the PuMA case Vehicle Details screen.

[S0906U03.JPG]
Press the DETAILS button (3) to access the PuMA case Vehicle Details screen.
The Vehicle Details screen can be printed out for easier viewing.
Information on the Vehicle Details screen includes:
(1) - Model series.
(2) ? Model Code is the 4th ? 7th digit in the VIN.

[S0906U04.JPG]
Compare the information shown in the PuMA case Vehicle Details screen above to the information shown in the PROGMAN Measures Plan:
Confirm that the Model series (1) and the Model Code (2) of the measures plan match the PuMA DETAILS.

[S0906U05.JPG]
The PuMA case Vehicle Details screen also shows:
(1) ? Time Criterion is the production grouping and not the actual production date.
(2) ? Paint Code.
(3) ? Upholstery Code.

[S0906U06.JPG]
Compare the Vehicle Details screen with the PROGMAN Measures Plan.
Confirm that the Time Criterion (1), Paint Code (2) and the Upholstery Code (3) of the Measures Plan match the PuMA case Vehicle Details.

[S0906U07.JPG]
(1) ? E word(s) are factory-installed options. For example B110 represents a 110 Amp Hour Battery
(2) ? HO word(s) are center-installed options. This field is usually blank on the PuMA case Vehicle Details.

[S0906U08.JPG]
Compare the PuMA case Vehicle Details screen with the PROGMAN Measures Plan:
Confirm that the E word(s) (1) matches the PuMA case Vehicle Details.
The HO word(s) (2) is usually blank unless you have done a retrofit. For example CPT9000, Bluetooth or AUX input MAY add a code to the HO word.
E words start with a " ? "
HO words start with a " + "

[S0906U09.JPG]
(1) ? Option codes.

[S0906U10.JPG]
Compare the PuMA case Vehicle Details screen with the PROGMAN Measures Plan:
Confirm that all the option codes (1) of the Measures Plan match the PuMA case Vehicle Details.
Option codes start with a $.
Some Retrofits MAY add a code to the Option Codes. For example CD changer ($672) or Satellite Radio installation ($655) will add a code to the Options.

From the checks above, the PuMA case DETAILS must match the PROGMAN Measures Plan exactly. The exception is for center-installed retrofits that add either an HO word or an Option code in the PROGMAN Measures Plan. Any unexplained differences must be corrected for vehicle functionality to be restored.

In the case of a missing retrofit, this can be corrected by doing the PROGMAN retrofit for that installation. See SI B09 05 01 (Coding, Individualization and Programming) for how to retrofit using PROGMAN.

Submit a PuMA case to the Technical Hotline (Electrical) if the VO is corrupt or incorrect:

When a VO is requested from the Technical Hotline, inform us of all retrofits including type of phone installed, CD changer, Satellite Radio, AUX input, etc.

The Technical Hotline will attach the VO to a PuMA case for downloading. See the October 2005 Service Round Table (B100 10 05) slides for the step-by-step procedure.

Follow SI B09 05 01 to upload the VO.

* Note for E46 - SI B09 03 01 (new Central Code Structure ? Vehicle Order) has a full description of the components of the VO. This SIB also covers how to manually change the VO on E46 vehicles produced 09/2001 and later.

VEHICLE DATA STATUS
[S0906U11.JPG]
The Vehicle Data Status in the PROGMAN Measures Plan is the current SW level (also called I-Level or Integration Level) of the vehicle.
Target Data Status is the SW level that the vehicle will be after programming has been completed.

The I-Level format breaks down as follows:

In the above example,

E060 ? 05 ? 06 ? 510

Model Series (E60) ? SW release year (05) - SW release month (06) ? Version Number (510).

* Note ? For E90/91, the model series is shown as E089.

[ Copyright ? 2006 BMW of North America, LLC ]
Old 04-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Contributors

Getting VO for folding mirror is not worth it
Thanks for posting!
Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' post='410327' date='Apr 4 2007, 06:59 PM
Getting VO for folding mirror is not worth it
Thanks for posting!
I already have my dealer working on it. Somehow my measures plan shows up every possible option and retrofit regardless if I have it or not. Hopefuly, if they create a PUMA matching my measures plan I will have a new VO and "factory folding" mirrors with US door modules.