Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

UPDATE: BMWNA APPROVED BUYBACK

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by 1600' post='455833' date='Aug 6 2007, 01:43 PM
Patience my boy. Patience. You've reached the promised land faster than I would have thought it possible. Just deal with the manager and in due course, and that sounds like pretty soon, order your new car.
Remember there has to be a little back and forth between the dealer and BMWNA. Watch your temper, too. Firmness with some respect for the other guy is worth more a lot more than anger. And it's easier on your on cardio system. You don't want to bust an artery before the new car arrives.
I'm always patient but in this instance the sales rep challenged me and was trying to tell me how to order my car and because I was friendly with him in the past he thought he could talk to me the way he did, boy was he surprised. As far as management is concerned they are top notch. I believe that I reached this pinnacle because of my respectful approached and handling of the situation combined with a respectful dealership.

I did get a call today from the newly appointed sales rep who was very tentative and went over all the options I wanted in the new car. She stated that she will now hand over my requests to the manager and he will notify BMWNA and begin the process. This was no more than 10 minutes on the phone yet the sales man I had the problem with made it seem like it was such a big problem and that makes me wonder. I don't know if I mentioned it before but he wanted me to sign the order bill of sale with no numbers on it and was rushing me. That pissed me off too.

Rick.

I requested a 535xi Titanium and Black /sport pack/ cold weather/ premium pack/comfort acc/18"wheels/nav/ipod and they will add at no charge my stuff from the previous car -clear coat bra/spoiler/sat radio..

I hope everything goes without a hitch, I'm also aware I will have to pay the difference for the upgrades.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Members

Sorry to hear about that slick rick.
I bought my Platinum Gray 535i on June 1 2007. I put the car into service on 7/20/2007 for a BAD FUEL PUMP.
The Service Advisor informed that the Fuel Pump was installed, but they still can't get the car started. They ran a few tests and sent the results to BMWNA. No news yet, but he feels like its another BAD FUEL PUMP that was used as the replacement. He said, if it is, then he will notify his manager to do a BUYBACK ALSO ( Im in day 19 of my car being out of service). So, im hoping that I will get the buyback. I really want to get myself into an 08' 550i with Paddle Shifters.
So, I too would really like some more info. on how the whole situation works.

By the way, what was wrong with your car? And how long was it out of service?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

About 2 months ago, I went with my wife to check out the E60 at a local BMW dealership. We walked in and a salesman came up and asked us what model we were interested in. We told him the E60. He walked us over to a 523i and I asked a few 520d questions. He told me basically to just took at the 523i and shut up. I told him I had heard there are a few differences and would like to confirm if, for example, the front grill is silver on the 520d or not. He said he didn't know. I asked a few more questions in regards to the LCI which I hadn't seen or heard about previous to that day. He didn't know. Basically he didn't know anything and asked me why I had to know. He said if I wanted to buy it, buy it. If not, who cares what it comes with.

I asked to schedule a test drive. He said no. If you want to buy a BMW, just buy it. Why would you need to test drive it? It's a car. It goes forwards and backwards.

Man, I was boiling on the inside but kept my cool.

We sat down and I asked about the price and financing. He wrote a number on the paper and shoved over to my end of the table. It was the retail price. I said, yeah I know that already. I want to know what price you can give me and what types of financing you have. He said. That's it. Take it or leave it.

We walked out.

3 weeks later, I called my friend who owns a 750/645/335/M5 (He's a singer) and asked him to refer his salesperson to me. I called the guy and went over to visit... It was the same BMW dealership but not the same salesperson though. We sat down, me and the new salesguy and basically made the deal in 10 min. That was after I got a test drive (the guy drove the test car directly to my office to pick me up.)

Of course the old salesperson came over to the table talking loud saying that I couldn't get another salesperson cuz of blablabla. So I called over the dealership boss and told him what I went through. Of course they were sorry, etc etc..

It just seems like there are really rude salepeople out there. But you gotta just keep cool and either walk out or ask for another salesperson who respects you.

There's more to the above story but I'll spare you the details....
Old 08-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Members

BMWNA bought my 2003 530 back in 2006 at Invoice and sold me any other car I wanted at Invoice. They also charged me a per mile fee for wear and tear. I felt this was entirely resonable given the car was two years old and that I paid below invoice to begin with.

Their finance guy also worked the numbers so that i would not have to pay any additional money outside of Milage and Invoice difference, which was nice as I saved NJ sales tax and other DMV fees.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

The sad irony in all this is that we really don't know what happens to these cars once they leave us. I guess they fix them up as best as possible and to the auction block they go. Now some of us can't swing the price of a new one, me a couple of years ago-hence the 525I-2002 which I bought in 2003 pre-certified, and buy these pre-certified cars without knowing if they were buybacks or the real history behind them. As it turns out I had an awesome experience with my 2002-525i and that's why I continued with BMW. With all that said I still have pride in the make and realize that these things can happen with any auto brand especially the new ones produced with all this new computerized technology.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='456082' date='Aug 7 2007, 03:49 AM
About 2 months ago, I went with my wife to check out the E60 at a local BMW dealership. We walked in and a salesman came up and asked us what model we were interested in. We told him the E60. He walked us over to a 523i and I asked a few 520d questions. He told me basically to just took at the 523i and shut up. I told him I had heard there are a few differences and would like to confirm if, for example, the front grill is silver on the 520d or not. He said he didn't know. I asked a few more questions in regards to the LCI which I hadn't seen or heard about previous to that day. He didn't know. Basically he didn't know anything and asked me why I had to know. He said if I wanted to buy it, buy it. If not, who cares what it comes with.

I asked to schedule a test drive. He said no. If you want to buy a BMW, just buy it. Why would you need to test drive it? It's a car. It goes forwards and backwards.

Man, I was boiling on the inside but kept my cool.

We sat down and I asked about the price and financing. He wrote a number on the paper and shoved over to my end of the table. It was the retail price. I said, yeah I know that already. I want to know what price you can give me and what types of financing you have. He said. That's it. Take it or leave it.

We walked out.

3 weeks later, I called my friend who owns a 750/645/335/M5 (He's a singer) and asked him to refer his salesperson to me. I called the guy and went over to visit... It was the same BMW dealership but not the same salesperson though. We sat down, me and the new salesguy and basically made the deal in 10 min. That was after I got a test drive (the guy drove the test car directly to my office to pick me up.)

Of course the old salesperson came over to the table talking loud saying that I couldn't get another salesperson cuz of blablabla. So I called over the dealership boss and told him what I went through. Of course they were sorry, etc etc..

It just seems like there are really rude salepeople out there. But you gotta just keep cool and either walk out or ask for another salesperson who respects you.

There's more to the above story but I'll spare you the details....
Good for you and sorry about your troubles. I'm glad you finally got what you wanted and disregarded the previous salesman.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Giantballer' post='456047' date='Aug 7 2007, 02:27 AM
Sorry to hear about that slick rick.
I bought my Platinum Gray 535i on June 1 2007. I put the car into service on 7/20/2007 for a BAD FUEL PUMP.
The Service Advisor informed that the Fuel Pump was installed, but they still can't get the car started. They ran a few tests and sent the results to BMWNA. No news yet, but he feels like its another BAD FUEL PUMP that was used as the replacement. He said, if it is, then he will notify his manager to do a BUYBACK ALSO ( Im in day 19 of my car being out of service). So, im hoping that I will get the buyback. I really want to get myself into an 08' 550i with Paddle Shifters.
So, I too would really like some more info. on how the whole situation works.

By the way, what was wrong with your car? And how long was it out of service?

Any help would be appreciated!
I don't know about that it sounds kind of fishy because that was one of my main problems, the high pressure fuel pump. The biggest mistake you can make is going ahead of yourself and thinking of upgrading your car and that they will buy your car back. You should continue having faith in your car until it gives you no other alternative. What will happen is they will fix it and then you will not enjoy it as much because you had this idea of the buyback and upgrading your vehicle. My situation lasted 3 months from inception and delivery before it came to this. I really tried to hold on to the fact that it could be fixed until I had no other alternative but to fight the fight.

As far as your pump goes it is a design flaw, from my understanding. These pumps are being re-designed and are on national back order. In order for you to qualify for the new pump they have to start what's called a puma case . Then when approved you get put on a waiting list for the new re-designed pump. It took mine 6 weeks before it arrived and was replaced. To be honest with you I don't even know for sure if they replaced it with a new one from the old batch or the newly re-disigned one. What I can tell you is that the car is working fine now but I always have that feeling in the back of my mind, will it start this time or not.

There was also a problem with the electronic shifter when I first got the car. I was going to breakfast with my daughter and attempted to put the car in drive and it would not go into gear. I thought I was doing something wrong because it finally went in gear as I messed around with it. Then it did it again and I called BMW service and they told me if it happened again bring the car in. It worked for a couple of days and then one day I had to move my car in a hurry and It was completely locked. Long story short 3 weeks for the part and it came from the assembly line in germany.

I hope this gives you a little insight and help you along with your situation. Good Luck....
Old 08-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

I really hope you get this matter settled the way YOU want it to at this point. Unfortunately, it seems the first production year of essentially a new BMW vehicle is always filled with difficulties.
Good luck
Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Contributors

So far so good. I got a call yesterday and today from my new sales rep. She has been great so far and is really thorough and responsive. I'd like to say that today I ordered the new car. I have to pay the difference for the upgraded options but I get those at invoice price. Total $4735. new options in bold.

I ordered the 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

She said she will call me during the week and give me the tracking number.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Congrats! Whew, it's over. Sleep happy.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: BMWNA APPROVED BUYBACK