Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Tire & Wheel Road Hazard Protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yayankee' post='477117' date='Oct 2 2007, 04:35 PM
Provides coverage, by GE, in the event of damage to your tires or wheels as a result of metal, nails, glass, debris, potholes, and curbs. It also states that if your tires are replaced due to normal wear and tear, your replacement tires are covered for the term of the program you choose.

3- Years $595
4- Years $695
5- Years $795

It this an good option to add and for how many years when purchasing a new car?

Thanks
I hit a pothole and blew out my front tire with only 1200 miles on the car. I took the car back to my dealership and they replaced the tire ($305) with ZERO $$ out of my pocket. It's worth it in fact, I owe my dealer big time, because he begged me to take out the insurance.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Interesting. My local Bay Area dealer no longer offers this protection. When I purchased my 530i 2 years ago they offered the 3-year plan and I paid for it. Unfortunate for me I was a victim of "Oh man, look at those two beautiful women going by...." and SCCCCRRRRRRAAAATCH! Road Rash on the right front tire as I pulled into a corner parking spot!

I got both women's attention...

Bummer part was when I tried to claim the damage at the dealership and they said "Sorry, the policy is that the tire has to be damaged and losing air.

Just last month when I purchased my M5 I was informed that they no longer offer the wheel/tire protection. It seems that too many customers were pissed off about the extent of damage that needed to happen before a replacement was covered.

I guess as long as I'm looking at the curb and not "something else" I should be O.K.

Cheers,
-Tony
Old 03-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by w84me' post='477241' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:19 PM
I was contemplating this very issue. One thing to consider is lowering your auto insurance deductible to $100. Compare that to what you currently carry and see what the difference is. Lowering it from a $500 to a $100 would cost me somewhere around an additional $200/year, I forget the exact figure. That provides not only road hazard on wheels and tires, but windshield, and any other little thing that may go wrong. What I'm not clear on is how the insurance company will ding me if I actually make a claim. But this was a cheaper way to go, than purchasing road hazard and windshield insurance separately. http://www.theautoclub.com did sound like a pretty good deal. I did try contacting via email a few weeks back, but have not heard back from them. Been too busy to follow up.
So I've been seeing a lot of recommendations for theautoclub.com and I thought I'd check it out. I found out they changed names and are at http://www.paragonmotorclub.com now. They're still building the site, so I'll probably go back there to research later.