Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Time has come...To be a 550 or not to be550?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper

Don Juan,

You will not be disappointed with a 545 or 550.

If you're only getting 19.8 mpg on a 530 you won't be disappointed there either. I'll bet you get 1 mpg less max. - maybe even not that much difference.

What most ppl don't realize is the 530 gas mileage is not very good if you drive with any enthusiasm at all - and if you don't then why buy a bimmer in the first place!

The 5 series is a heavy car and the V8 just suits it better IMHO - at least in the States.

Now if only we could get the 535d in a stick shift format here... (BMW NA are you listening???)....
Old 10-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Don Juan' date='Oct 26 2005, 07:01 PM
then a carrera 4S noticed me behind him, black smoked came out of his exhaust and he could not pull away taht was for about 5 secs or so then we had to exit to turn around and the guys kept turning his head to see what kind of car that was he could not pull away..i just had a huge smile..
[snapback]189220[/snapback]

Oh why oh why do I love the M5 soooooo much! Exactlly that reason but not just against a C4S... but more like the turbo league!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

Roadrunner that is what I have been hearing about the gas mileage on those v8s...

i really excited to get it but now because we are close to the end of the month I'm wondering if BMWFS is going to lower their rates next week so I'm hesitant to take delivery this weekend but the dealer wants to mark it down for the month..I hear here in florida we have 3 days to dissolve a contract so I was thinking to do it like Oct 31 and wait until nov3 for the new rate and compare.that if the rates are avaialble (otherwise i'm screwed)..last month the rates were available oct 6 ... any BMWFS insiders here?
Old 10-29-2005, 06:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper

Don Juan,

I dunno as I'm no insider, but I thought the new rates usually come out on the 6th of each month... maybe for that reason of contract times.

Your decision, but if I were you then I'd get it now at end of month or wait until end of year when you may be able to negotiate slightly better deal. Problem with the latter is whatever you're driving now depreciates another 2 months.

Besides if dealer is willing to mark down for end of month, you'll prolly fare better than if you go back to him/her early next month.

Also check non-BMWFS lease rates. My experience is BMWFS is usually very competitive.

U.S. market Bond rates have moved up quite a bit over the last month. Depending on how BMWFS borrows the money to cover new leases (presuming they do), that may affect it. However, I suspect it has more to do with supply & demand from month to month. If they sold a lot of 5ers in October, they'll prolly bump up the rates for November and vice versa.

Another thing that could happen is rates could drop but residuals drop also. So you think you have a good deal but might get screwed that way too.

Either way IMHO it's not worth stressing over. Bottom line is if you can afford the payments and you want it, just go get your car.

That's my $0.02.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

Well, thanks for your input. Went ahead this weekend and gave a big kiss goodbye to my old E60 530 ...
well have had my 550 for 2 days and all i can say is WAO what a difference, in everything..even the seats fell softer and smoother....
Old 10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Contributors

Hardwired your V1 already! That was quick!!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

Road Runner? Posted Yesterday, 04:26 PM
? Hardwired your V1 already! That was quick!! wink.gif
Yes I did already..took me 10 minutes...
Old 11-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Originally Posted by Don Juan' date='Nov 1 2005, 12:26 PM
Road Runner?? Posted Yesterday, 04:26 PM
?? Hardwired your V1 already! That was quick!! wink.gif
[snapback]191895[/snapback]
What method did you use to hardwire your V1, I will be getting my car hopefully next week and would like to do the same. After searching the forums, it looks difficult to me. Probablly because I havent done one yet.
Thanks
Old 11-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Originally Posted by Don Juan' date='Nov 1 2005, 11:26 AM
Road Runner?? Posted Yesterday, 04:26 PM
?? Hardwired your V1 already! That was quick!! wink.gif
[snapback]191895[/snapback]
Can you post a picture of where you located your V1 in the car with the hardwire. I might as well hard wire mine when I get it.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Senior Members

here is the link where I installed originally and where I installed it again....
Instruction:
1-Pry out the overhead console then pop dopwn the maplights
2- look for a bolt towards the driver side headliner and loosen it up with a 10mm wrench. hook up there your V1 ground wire. Tight back.
3- Next look for a green (and yellow line ) wire, this is for the sunroof power and use your V1 clamping plastic. the nice thing about that is that no wires are cutted.
4- Push the wire toward the front of the headliners and plug in your V1..WOALA done
here are the original instructions and pictures I posted a while back
DIY of V1 installation

Quick Reply: Time has come...To be a 550 or not to be550?