Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

TAKING DELIVERY

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004 | 08:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.
Exclamation

I TAKE DELIVERY TOMORROW, ANY TIPS ON WHAT I SHOULD ASK THE DEALER OR ANY PROBLEM AREAS YOU MIGHT HAVE OVER LOOKED WHEN YOU TOOK DELIVERY.

ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE WELCOMED

Thank you,
Old 03-10-2004 | 01:39 AM
Members

Thumbs down

I am taking delivery of my E60 on Sat 13/3/04. I ordered on 7/02/04, and its been the longest 5weeks of my life!!! Like Laet, I would be very grateful for advice on specific aspects to check on delivery. Grateful to all that can help
Old 03-10-2004 | 07:12 AM
Members

give us some pics..interesting colour..
Old 03-10-2004 | 08:33 AM
Members

im taking delivery of my first bmw too some time in april. i will post pix of everything the day i get it!! i cant wait!!
Old 03-10-2004 | 09:37 AM
Members

I found a list of tips for delivery of the 7 Series on Roadfly (http://members.roadfly.org/e65faq/#TT18)

Some of these may not apply for the E60, but it is a good overview:

- Checklist for taking delivery on new 7
- Visual walk around
- Check the key fob for distance, make sure it says "315 Mhz" on the back
- Check the NAV system to be sure that voice directions are given
- Check all basic iDrive functions (climate, sound system settings)
- Ask the sales manager to demonstrate that the SOS system works
- Change cell phone service
- Make sure that all recall and tech service bulletins were performed
- Check mileage on odometer, should be around 5-7 miles (7-12 kms)
- Check Speedometer ticks aligned for MPH not Kilometer, and vice versa for Canada
- Make sure that the front license plate holder and "Dealer" plate are replaced with the beauty spacer that matches the vehicle
- Make sure that no other decals of dealer emblems are applied
- Get the car and key memory option sheet from your salesperson and fill it in, so that car and key memory options areas set the way you want them
- Make sure the tire pressure is correct (as per the table on the driver's door) and Tire Pressure Monitor is working properly
- Make sure everything is in English, including the country name in navigation
- Make sure that all measurements are U.S. standard (not metric) assuming a U.S. use of the vehicle
- Get the car and key memory option sheet from your salesperson and fill it in, so that car and key memory options areas set the way you want them
Old 03-10-2004 | 09:57 AM
Members

If you have ordered the Bluetooth option get the dealer to help you register your phone with the car. My dealer did this and even gave me a photocopied sheet issued to BMW dealers to explain what the standard user manual missed out!
Old 03-10-2004 | 10:45 AM
Members

Congratulations !!
About the tips list.. have to keep that in mind, to come here and see them when I?ll pick up mine in summer..
Old 03-10-2004 | 11:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, Steptronic 6, Silver Gray, Black Dakota leather, Anthracite wood, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Premium Sound, pro nav, Active Steering, Park Distance, folding rear seats.
Exclamation

I PICKED UP MY CAR TODAY, IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE. DID NOT HAVE TOO MANY PROBLEMS, HOWEVER, THE DEALER DID FORGET TO RESET THE TIRE PRESUER GUAGE, AFTER (PDI)?

AS SOON AS I HIT THE AUTO BOHN, I GOT A WARNING TELLING ME I HAD A FLAT TIRE. NO PROBLEM, I JUST CRUSED TO THE NEXT TOWN, PULLED INTO A BMW DEALER, TOLD THEM I JUST TOOK DELIVERY, THEY PULL MY CAR IN THERE SHOP AND FIXED THE PROBLEM RIGHT ON THE SPOT!.

GREAT SERVICE!

THAT'S THE GOOD NEWS.

THE BAD NEWS IS, ALTHOUGH I HAVE PREWIRING FOR A PHONE, THEY SAID FOR ME TO INTERGRATE MY PHONE INTO THE ARMREST CRADLE IT WOULD COST ABOUT .$2000.00 FOR PARTS AND LABOR

THAT?S CRAZY! WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES PREWIRING FOR PHONE MEAN? I WAS TOLD IT MENT ?YOU HAVE THE WIRING, BUT YOU CAN?T HAVE THE PHONE?

SURELY, THIS CANNOT BE CORRECT.

ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S UP THE PREWIRING TELEPHONE?
Old 03-11-2004 | 01:17 AM
Members

Many thanks to jhalsey and everyone for your help. I will keep the list in mind when I go to pick up the car. I will post pics as sson as I take delivery. The wait is really killing me!! Oh well, two more days to go.
Old 03-11-2004 | 01:32 AM
Members

1stfive,

Some reported problems to look out for:

1. Check idrive screen to ensure no dead pixel
2. Check door alignment
3. Check that all options you paid for are installed
4. Check that the red reflectors are on the back bumper

I am sure you will like the car very much!