Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

TAKEN DELIVERY OF AMETHYST E60!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 11:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I have taken delivery of my new 525iSE yesterday and it is absolutely fantastic. I am ecstatic at the way it drives and can't seem to get myself out of the car (the wife doesn't like that very much!!). For all UK E60 owners or prospective owners these are my experiences with all the electronic systems that were reported to be troublesome:

1. Auto AC (not advanced): Completely automatic when the auto button is pressed, including fan speed.

2. Bluetooth phone: works like a dream, its amazing when technology functions properly

3. Light activation: again perfect no glitches

4. MP3 playback: works even from the CD changer. I have about a hundred songs on 1 CD !!!

5. CD playback: starts from where it left off.

6. I-Drive: Excellent interface and very easy to get hang of, took me 30 minutes, now its like second nature.

7. Auto Box/Engine: brilliant, no sluggishness whatsoever, smooth refined and very punchy.

8. Standard leather seats: took some time to adjust properly, but it was worth is; end result very comfortable.

Amethyst colour and interior are spectacular. Overall very impressed and very happy. I must admit that I saw the glitches section on this forum after I ordered and I was starting to feel skeptical and wonder if I had done the right thing by ordering at this time. Now I realise that this has been the best decision I have made about cars in a long time. I hope things remain as hunky dory as they have been so far but I will keep everyone posted. Lastly I will post pics as soon as I can. Happy motoring everyone!!
Old 03-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Members

How about posting some pics please?
Old 03-13-2004, 11:57 PM
Members

Will post some later on today
Old 03-14-2004, 12:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 1stfive' date='Mar 14 2004, 02:57 AM
Will post some later on today
1stfive

please do post some pics - we're a bit deficient with regard to pics of amethyst interior and exterior.

specifically like to know how the shade of the interior compares with the biege/truffle/grey - lighter/darker......

jonboy
Old 03-14-2004, 01:52 AM
Senior Members

4. MP3 playback:

I think you are the first person I have seen post on any e60 board anywhere that has had this working! Fantastic news. How do you have the mp3 files structured on the CD? Are they in folders etc.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Senior Members

Yes, please tell us more about MP3 support. My dealer so far always told me that when it would become available only the CD drive in the headunit would be able to playback MP3 files, not the changer.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:51 AM
Senior Members

forget the pictures-- we've seen the car!

more on:

AC - are you certain?

mp3 - are you certain? esp. in the CDChanger? suprising, amazing...really?

not to doubt you, but this is certainly surprising news... my dealer takes my e60 (next week? following? depends on availability of loaner) and i will certainly expect this all to be fixed when i return...

could you let us UK folk know your dealer, so that ours can contact yours, if required?

cheers
and congrats!
Old 03-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Members

skidster

AC is DEFINATELY fully automatic (INCLUDING FAN SPEED)

MP3 Files are supported both on the centre console and the changer

NO FOLDERS

JUST MP3 files onto the CD directly

I don't know if the system will be able to recognise windows folders, so I wouldn't create any folders, just burn MP3s directly onto a CD
Old 03-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Senior Members

Yeah, a working mp3 player is great news. Do you have the professional radio or business radio?

eggz
Old 03-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Members

Professional Radio

Quick Reply: TAKEN DELIVERY OF AMETHYST E60!!!!