Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Suggestions for New 550 , ED in Nov 2005

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Guys,

I am locked in to get a new ED 550 in Munich in mid November and I am wondering what you think is the best Exterior/Interior combo ? I know this is a personal decision, just wanted you hear your opinions, also what is the best color combo for resale purposes ?

The options I am looking at are

rear and side window shades
rear seat heaters
navigation
sat prep
sport package
prem sound package
cold weather package

Preference for transmission is 6 speed manual.

Did I leave any critical options out (do not want Active Steering or Active Cruise).

Thanks !!

BayAreaBimmer
Old 07-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Originally Posted by BayAreaBimmer' date='Jul 6 2005, 08:18 AM
Hello Guys,

I am locked in to get a new ED 550 in Munich in mid November and I am wondering what you think is the best Exterior/Interior combo ? I know this is a personal decision, just wanted you hear your opinions, also what is the best color combo for resale purposes ?

The options I am looking at are

rear and side window shades
rear seat heaters
navigation
sat prep
sport package
prem sound package
cold weather package

Preference for transmission is 6 speed manual.

Did I leave any critical options out (do not want Active Steering or Active Cruise).

Thanks !!? ?

BayAreaBimmer
[snapback]146258[/snapback]
I think you got most of them. The 545/550 with sport package includes almost everything. In 2004 the Lumbar support was an add-on. I think they included this in 2005, but you may want to check.

Love the 6-speed, you will just want to change out the CDV (will help shifting).

I Love my Active Steering and have not had any problems. I did not want it in the beginning, but have really enjoyed it and would get it again.

Fold down rear seat is handy. Dealer told me it would rattle, but have not had any problems with mine.

Accy:
All Weather Mats
Non Slip Cargo Liner
Euro reflectors (will probably be on a European Delivery)
3M clear bra (would highly recommend)

Enjoy!
Old 07-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Contributors

I like exterior and interior colors that contrast: sivler and black, or black and tan, for example. I expect to order my 550 with a black exterior (probably jet black - would love to have carbon black as a choice!) and beige interior. But it will obviously depend on the choices made available for 2006.

Other considerations - Heads-up display? How about wheel options? M-Tech Aerodynamic trim kit?

I understand we should know some details about the '06 550 in the next 2 weeks.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I have same options as you, plus split folding rear seat & sat prep. The folding rear seat is great for trips to Home Depot, and the sat prep is $75 insurance in case you ever decide to get sat radio.

The cold weather package came on my car (bought a car from dealer inventory) and in the bay area it's really a waste, with the exception that the steering wheel is thicker (due to the heating element) which I like a lot.

Mine is silver gray w/ black leather & anthracite maple--pix at link in my sig.