Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Stay away from Carking on EBAY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature
Smile

I just wanted to post a warning. I know we are all taking a chance when we are buying things on ebay to save a few dollars. For the last month+ I have been going back and forth with the Carking2001 vendor about the roof spoiler that I bought from them. The body shop that I went to said they were having problems getting it to stay down even after they heated it up and used a very powerful bonding agent to stick it down. I even had my car sit for a day with the spoiler taped up to let the bonding agent cure properly.

My friend at the shop warned me that it looked like the spoiler was "fighting itself" to get back to it's original warped shape, and that it might not stay. He said the bonding agent was one of the strongest things that they could use and if that did not work then nothing would.

Well I had emailed Carking2001 with my complaint and asked for a replacement. I didn't receive any response for a couple of days so I filed a paypal/ebay dispute. as soon as I did that they emailed me and said there was no need to file a dispute because they were already working on a replacement. They said they would send me a tracking number as soon as they had one. A few days later NOTHING. So I escalated my claim and paypal response was "that because the vendor is trying to resolve your issue we cannot issue you a refund at this time."

So I emailed Carking2001 again and once again I was promised a replacement and they were very busy that is why it was not completed yet. Well the spoiler came off again today. Thank god it didn't come off when I was on the highway. I noticed it was starting to come off when I was going over some bumps and heard it knocking on my window.

Anyway, I went to escalate my claim again and paypal stated it was past the dispute time!

So now I am out $140 along with the $50 I spent at the shop! This is ridiculous!

So if any of you are considering buying from this vendor STAY AWAY! I know some of you said you have hasd good luck with this vendor so that is why I went with them. I'm telling you from recent experience DON'T DO IT!!!

Thanks for reading! Now I am going to post this in every BMW forum I can find!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

+1 I bought a Hamann trunk spoiler but got an ACS one instead. Luckily I sold it to some I know and it looks great on NeRwEEzy's car
Old 04-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by providenceleaf' post='565511' date='Apr 21 2008, 06:24 PM
I just wanted to post a warning. I know we are all taking a chance when we are buying things on ebay to save a few dollars. For the last month+ I have been going back and forth with the Carking2001 vendor about the roof spoiler that I bought from them. The body shop that I went to said they were having problems getting it to stay down even after they heated it up and used a very powerful bonding agent to stick it down. I even had my car sit for a day with the spoiler taped up to let the bonding agent cure properly.

My friend at the shop warned me that it looked like the spoiler was "fighting itself" to get back to it's original warped shape, and that it might not stay. He said the bonding agent was one of the strongest things that they could use and if that did not work then nothing would.

Well I had emailed Carking2001 with my complaint and asked for a replacement. I didn't receive any response for a couple of days so I filed a paypal/ebay dispute. as soon as I did that they emailed me and said there was no need to file a dispute because they were already working on a replacement. They said they would send me a tracking number as soon as they had one. A few days later NOTHING. So I escalated my claim and paypal response was "that because the vendor is trying to resolve your issue we cannot issue you a refund at this time."

So I emailed Carking2001 again and once again I was promised a replacement and they were very busy that is why it was not completed yet. Well the spoiler came off again today. Thank god it didn't come off when I was on the highway. I noticed it was starting to come off when I was going over some bumps and heard it knocking on my window.

Anyway, I went to escalate my claim again and paypal stated it was past the dispute time!

So now I am out $140 along with the $50 I spent at the shop! This is ridiculous!

So if any of you are considering buying from this vendor STAY AWAY! I know some of you said you have hasd good luck with this vendor so that is why I went with them. I'm telling you from recent experience DON'T DO IT!!!

Thanks for reading! Now I am going to post this in every BMW forum I can find!
Wow, that sucks ....Thanks for the heads up and I hope SOME sort of resolution is in the near future!
Old 04-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Sorry to hear man, I buy from ebay from time to time, usually talk myself out of many ebay auctions due to the fact that I like to inspect things personally. I figure the extra bucks spent with an actual vendor vs. ebayer is money well spent on piece of mind. Where is carking located? Any members local to him able to help you out? Hope you still get some type of satisfying resolution to this matter...
Old 04-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='565554' date='Apr 21 2008, 07:32 PM
Sorry to hear man, I buy from ebay from time to time, usually talk myself out of many ebay auctions due to the fact that I like to inspect things personally. I figure the extra bucks spent with an actual vendor vs. ebayer is money well spent on piece of mind. Where is carking located? Any members local to him able to help you out? Hope you still get some type of satisfying resolution to this matter...
Carking is in Taiwan, I figure if he wants to help out he will, but I'm not sure how much pressure can be brought upon him there.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, Platinum Gray, Sport Pkg

Sorry to hear about that, the Ebay "feedback" score is all you have, that might keep you from getting screwed!! Sucks if their in China.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Wow, that sux. I've delt with Brad from Carking in the past and while not perfect, he was pretty responsive. During an e-mail exchange he offered his Skype nme. It's brad_wu. Hope this helps!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='565512' date='Apr 21 2008, 06:32 PM
+1 I bought a Hamann trunk spoiler but got an ACS one instead. Luckily I sold it to some I know and it looks great on NeRwEEzy's car
love it. thank you much again john
Old 04-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='565665' date='Apr 22 2008, 01:30 AM
love it. thank you much again john
Man I feel your pain...actually I can top your story! I bought a complete kit from carking and Brad $1000+. My experience was horrible. Brad communicated great while everything was going fine. As soon as I received the parts, I had them installed. They looked like crap! They fit horribly! The AS style front apron, rear apron and side rails. Also the hood and trunk spoiler. I had all of that mess taken off my car!! Went back and forth with brad for 2 weeks (when he would respond), until finally it became obvious that he was only interested in telling me how he had sold many that fit...which did nothing for me! Luckily I got my money back through paypal! But I echo your sentiment!! Stay away from carking on ebay! They are happy to sell you product, but you won't get your money back if you have probelms!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

The problem I had with my rear spoiler is that the paint came off when it was taped in place at the body shop. I emailed Carking and they actually did put through a $50 paypal credit. As far as you being screwed on the paypal claim, call them at (402) 935-2017. I am sure they will help you.

Quick Reply: Stay away from Carking on EBAY!!!