Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

The springs intallator SCREWED my car!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i with Nav, Prem, 20 inch Breyton Race GTS, H&R Sport, M-technic Kits, Valentine One with Concealed Display, Progman 27, M5 Aluminum iDrive Knob, Euro Sticker Headlights, LED license Plate.

I had my spring installed on monday, went home and realized that the springs doesn't fit properly. Also, I noticed that one of the suspension bolt (holds the suspension to the body) under the hood is lost.

Yesterday, I went back to have them re-installed it..

Today, I brought it to the dealer to have a wheel allignment.. You know what, the dealer called me and said:

Both of the rear suspensions' GUIDE is missplaced... (what is a guide?)

and...

Driver's side control-arm is MESSED-UP!

I called the guy who installed my springs and forced him to tell the truth.. He then told me that "to remove the control arm, it needs "little" force.." Basically, he said that he hammered the control arm!!

I can't stand this anymore...
The person who changed my springs is just totally a**hole!

I will send pics when I have the guy jacked up my car tomorrow..
Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Damn!!...sorry man, hope you can get it fixed soon.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Members

ouch. That's why im having BMW Hong Kong change my springs on my M5.

But seriously, is the workshop willing to pay for damages? On the car and the time you had to take the car off the road etc?
Old 10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i with Nav, Prem, 20 inch Breyton Race GTS, H&R Sport, M-technic Kits, Valentine One with Concealed Display, Progman 27, M5 Aluminum iDrive Knob, Euro Sticker Headlights, LED license Plate.

Originally Posted by eR6c' post='485743' date='Oct 24 2007, 08:27 PM
ouch. That's why im having BMW Hong Kong change my springs on my M5.

But seriously, is the workshop willing to pay for damages? On the car and the time you had to take the car off the road etc?
I don't know.. I hope so... he's gonna take a look at it tomorrow and I will keep my eyes the whole day tomorrow to make sure everything works fine.. I'm gonna ask him to take it apart and install it one by one with me on the side..

Damn..
Old 10-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Members

that's what happens when the installer doesn't know what he's doing. Ask the shop to pay for everything the dealership will charge you to fix whatever they mess up.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Thirdy' post='485745' date='Oct 24 2007, 08:48 PM
that's what happens when the installer doesn't know what he's doing. Ask the shop to pay for everything the dealership will charge you to fix whatever they mess up.
I will.... That's for sure...!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Contributors

If someone screwed up my car like that I would not let them touch it again. Document the shoddy work and come to a financial settlement (threaten to create the mother of all problems, contacting your lawyer, etc). They will refund your money just to make you go away. Then take it somewhere else to get it fixed.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by Westcoast M5' post='485775' date='Oct 24 2007, 10:22 PM
If someone screwed up my car like that I would not let them touch it again. Document the shoddy work and come to a financial settlement (threaten to create the mother of all problems, contacting your lawyer, etc). They will refund your money just to make you go away. Then take it somewhere else to get it fixed.

I can't resist !! Look Who just got a new M5 !! We both unknowingly shared the virtual same name for the last 6 months and probably live less than 5 miles from each other....... until it was too much and he had to get an //////er to change his name . I've seen the car it is awesome ! Welcome... I mean congratulations Westcoast M5!!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Westcoast M5' post='485775' date='Oct 24 2007, 11:22 PM
Even if they returned the money, I still need to buy the control arm ($350) and need to pay someone else to do all the installation again.. So, I think for now the best thing to do is ask him to disamble it and re-install it in front of my eyes (since I know much about car esp. suspension part, except for the "guide" part ).. Also, ask them to replace the control arm..
Old 10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by cagthuzz2807' post='485801' date='Oct 25 2007, 12:59 AM
Even if they returned the money, I still need to buy the control arm ($350) and need to pay someone else to do all the installation again.. So, I think for now the best thing to do is ask him to disamble it and re-install it in front of my eyes (since I know much about car esp. suspension part, except for the "guide" part ).. Also, ask them to replace the control arm..
I wouldn't let that guy touch your car again! I'd insist on a full refund and payment for any and all damages he incurred upon your vehicle. Then take it to a place that knows what they are doing! Or, get an estimate from your BMW dealer on the damage and the cost to fix his mistakes, and make the guy pay you that amount as remuneration for his ignorance and carelessness, and then let BMW "finish" the job he started.

I guess you should have done more homework on springs installers in your area. My guy did a great job, and along with the DIY from KU530, they had zero problems installing them.

Make sure you keep us up to date on the outcome!

FYI, for those of you who missed the original thread to this poor guy's disaster, check here: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=46295

Quick Reply: The springs intallator SCREWED my car!!!!