Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Speccing JBOO's E60

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think for resale big options like sports suspension, nav and other useful things will help alot. Useless things like folding seats and heaters is not a big must. Besides, you cant be too pickey with a used car.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

anything that will enhance your driving pleasure while enjoying a frekendal.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Hello JBB,

Last week I got my 545i Touring stuffed with most optons except Active front Steering, Dynamic Drive and HUD.

I suppose you will get th ecar in the Netherlands (tax free again ?).

The Dutch option packages "Executive", "Comfort line II" and "Visionline" are recommended

other must haves:
----------------------
- Comfort seats
- Leather (if you hav ekids go for black Montana)
- Heated seats (in case you chose leather)
- rear sun blinds( for the kids)
- LOGIC 7 Hifi (sounds awesome)
- Sport steering wheel (you know the Mini
- Sport suspension
- 18" inch wheels
- Sunroof
- Auto-folding mirrors (nice while parking etc. if there is not much space)
Old 06-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Senior Members

Okay, thanks again for all the replies.

I have a few more questions:

How much of a difference is there betwen the Busines and Professional Navigation options? Is it worth the extra cost?

I want the power outlets in the rear console, what option must I check to get these as it seems uncertain from readng the other posts.

Thanks-
J
Old 06-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

US specs:

If the roads are not in good shape where you will be driving the most, I would not order the Sport Package-ride will be rough and more possibility of damaging wheels/suspension.

If you do a lot of high speed highway driving, the active cruise comes in handy.

HUD is handy if you do a lot of long distance driving or visit locations you haven't been before. I just print out a map from Mapquest or use my cellphone to get directions.

If you like great sound and want it integrated into the idrive, order the premium sound.

Xenons will definitely light your way much better.

Parking distance control really makes parking convenient.

If you don't get the sport package be sure and get the comfort seats.

Folding mirrors would be nice (not available in the US)

Fold down rear seats are handy.

Depending on gas prices, the 530 is plenty fast and more economical.

Go for the darker interiors if you have kids.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:05 AM

European - hey! What country are you in?
Must have -
advanced air con -see other threads.
18inch wheels ( car looks silly with amaller sizes)
Auto box
...especially with diesel eng ( I can't believe anyone would consider a diesel manual)
Leather
Upgraded audio
Std stuff is shit (sadly)

Also consider active steering, seat heating,memory seats (if your partner drives the car)
Old 06-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JBOO' date='Jun 12 2004, 12:04 AM
Okay, thanks again for all the replies.

I have a few more questions:

How much of a difference is there betwen the Busines and Professional Navigation options? Is it worth the extra cost?

I want the power outlets in the rear console, what option must I check to get these as it seems uncertain from readng the other posts.

Thanks-
J
There are a lot of differences between the bus and pro nav systems, so in my opinion it is worth every penny.

Here are the differences:
- maps are only available with pro nav
- when getting pro nav you will get a bigger (wider) I-Drive screen, which supports a split screen function. Also funtions like the onscreen PDC will be enhanced (more detail)
- when getting pro nav you will get force feedback on the I-Drive controller
- when getting pro nav you will get a dual front CD/DVD slot, one for playing CD's and for the navigation maps, the word also is that with a future software update you will be able to play DVD movies in this slot (the downside is that you will lose the small central storage bin because of the dual CD drives).

That's about it I think, so IMO definitely worth the upgrade.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Jun 12 2004, 03:05 AM
Auto box[/B]...especially with diesel eng ( I can't believe anyone would consider a diesel manual)
[b]
What? I can't believe anyone would consider a BMW that wasn't a manual.

Just kidding. Seriously though, anyone else agree with this comment?
Old 06-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Senior Members

I kind of agree with this. I find that the available rev range is too small for a manual, if you would have it you would have to up/downshift constantly, which becomes really annoying IMO after a while, especially if you do a lot of kilometers/miles with it.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:02 PM
DrT
Members

JBOO

Advanced air con, hifi (or Logic 7) and leather are a must. The folding mirror option includes dimming function (very nice at night with some pillock up your tail). Extended lights is kinda sexy but not that good.

You must test drive the diesel on a manual box. I fell in love with the 530D on an auto box but couldn't justify the extra expense (3 litre, auto box and extra fuel consumption on an autobox). So I tried out a manual and although its a six speed, the gear changes created an engine tone just like a London taxicab. I actually reverted to a petrol engine because of it.

If you can afford it, I'd definately go for the 530D Auto. Don't wait for the 535D - waiting's a mugs game. The wait for the car you order will be long enough !

Quick Reply: Speccing JBOO's E60