Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

software update and dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok car went in yesterday for two issues

- the much talked about acceleration lag
- intermittent idrive crash / stereo issue

first dealer was excellent (william jacks sunningdale for those in SE UK) car was collected from office and returned later that day once work was complete. car was cleaned inside and out and looked

to attempt to cure the faults dealers job sheet had two items listed

- full reprogramme
- full recode

i assume this means everything that can be updated was updated. things i've noticed since the updates

- pedal response in D and DS modes is much improved

- idrive, quite a few changes there. on the cosmetic side the fonts used in the display are of a different type and are much clearer. there are new options available in various submenus, RDS on/off, seems to be new options in climate menus and in navigation there is now a separate "Information" menu that allows you to call up information such as Petrol stations, Hotels etc etc without having to actually have navigation active. I am sure that on my previous version I could only pull up "Information" for the destination I was navigating to. Now you can pull up information on the current location of the car...nice. there also seem to be other changes/additions in the I-menu settings areas but I cannot remember off hand what was there before and what is new...just seems like there are more options

- Stereo, apart from the new options to disable/enable RDS, the radio presets layout seems to have changed slightly and reception on FM is a lot stronger now.

so in summary, good dealer service, good s/w updates. thought it would make a change to report some positive news for once
Old 10-07-2004, 02:40 AM
Senior Members

that's some good news . i'm taking my car to the dealer again next friday for the software update...if they're willing to do it for me . do you know which version you have? i sure hope the new version will solve my acceleration lag as well :'(.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Oct 7 2004, 11:24 AM
- pedal response in D and DS modes is much improved

- idrive, quite a few changes there. on the cosmetic side the fonts used in the display are of a different type and are much clearer. there are new options available in various submenus, RDS on/off, seems to be new options in climate menus and in navigation there is now a separate "Information" menu that allows you to call up information such as Petrol stations, Hotels etc etc without having to actually have navigation active. I am sure that on my previous version I could only pull up "Information" for the destination I was navigating to. Now you can pull up information on the current location of the car...nice. there also seem to be other changes/additions in the I-menu settings areas but I cannot remember off hand what was there before and what is new...just seems like there are more options

- Stereo, apart from the new options to disable/enable RDS, the radio presets layout seems to have changed slightly and reception on FM is a lot stronger now.
[snapback]42094[/snapback]

Information on the current location of the car was available in my nav allready. Maybe the US software was different and they now fixed that.
FM reception is good to know, and pedal response... WOW... I thought they can't fix that problem... Good news!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Oct 7 2004, 06:38 AM
Information on the current location of the car was available in my nav allready. Maybe the US software was different and they now fixed that.
FM reception is good to know, and pedal response... WOW... I thought they can't fix that problem... Good news!?
[snapback]42112[/snapback]
I agree with ICE. I have always had the Information on current location and I had version 11.3 for 4 months until yesterday I bumped up to 13.2.x.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

Since the update yesterday, I have lost my RDS and there is no option anywhere to enable/disable it.
Old 10-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Oct 7 2004, 08:10 AM
Since the update yesterday, I have lost my RDS and there is no option anywhere to enable/disable it.
[snapback]42142[/snapback]
so you lost RDS and the "information" option....yikes.

I am pretty sure I got v13.1, i think they did have 13.2 but there was some reason they didn't want to use it...maybe the issues you describe are the reason !!
Old 10-07-2004, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Oct 7 2004, 10:10 AM
Sounds like you got 13.0 not 13.2
Old 10-07-2004, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Oct 7 2004, 10:35 AM
[quote name='skipper' date='Oct 7 2004, 08:10 AM']Since the update yesterday, I have lost my RDS and there is no option anywhere to enable/disable it.
so you lost RDS and the "information" option....yikes.

I am pretty sure I got v13.1, i think they did have 13.2 but there was some reason they didn't want to use it...maybe the issues you describe are the reason !!
[snapback]42158[/snapback]
[/quote]

No I didn't lose information. Just RDS.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I cannot find information on current location with my version 12.x

I think I need another update.. When my wood is installed I will ask them to update.