Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

software update and dealer service

Old 10-07-2004, 01:24 AM
  #1  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lancashire (UK)
Posts: 442
Default

ok car went in yesterday for two issues

- the much talked about acceleration lag
- intermittent idrive crash / stereo issue

first dealer was excellent (william jacks sunningdale for those in SE UK) car was collected from office and returned later that day once work was complete. car was cleaned inside and out and looked

to attempt to cure the faults dealers job sheet had two items listed

- full reprogramme
- full recode

i assume this means everything that can be updated was updated. things i've noticed since the updates

- pedal response in D and DS modes is much improved

- idrive, quite a few changes there. on the cosmetic side the fonts used in the display are of a different type and are much clearer. there are new options available in various submenus, RDS on/off, seems to be new options in climate menus and in navigation there is now a separate "Information" menu that allows you to call up information such as Petrol stations, Hotels etc etc without having to actually have navigation active. I am sure that on my previous version I could only pull up "Information" for the destination I was navigating to. Now you can pull up information on the current location of the car...nice. there also seem to be other changes/additions in the I-menu settings areas but I cannot remember off hand what was there before and what is new...just seems like there are more options

- Stereo, apart from the new options to disable/enable RDS, the radio presets layout seems to have changed slightly and reception on FM is a lot stronger now.


so in summary, good dealer service, good s/w updates. thought it would make a change to report some positive news for once
northernmonkey is offline  
Old 10-07-2004, 02:40 AM
  #2  
Senior Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 9,135
Default

that's some good news . i'm taking my car to the dealer again next friday for the software update...if they're willing to do it for me . do you know which version you have? i sure hope the new version will solve my acceleration lag as well :'(.
alohalc is offline  
Old 10-07-2004, 03:38 AM
  #3  
Super Moderator
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 18,253
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013
Default

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Oct 7 2004, 11:24 AM
- pedal response in D and DS modes is much improved

- idrive, quite a few changes there. on the cosmetic side the fonts used in the display are of a different type and are much clearer. there are new options available in various submenus, RDS on/off, seems to be new options in climate menus and in navigation there is now a separate "Information" menu that allows you to call up information such as Petrol stations, Hotels etc etc without having to actually have navigation active. I am sure that on my previous version I could only pull up "Information" for the destination I was navigating to. Now you can pull up information on the current location of the car...nice. there also seem to be other changes/additions in the I-menu settings areas but I cannot remember off hand what was there before and what is new...just seems like there are more options

- Stereo, apart from the new options to disable/enable RDS, the radio presets layout seems to have changed slightly and reception on FM is a lot stronger now.
[snapback]42094[/snapback]

Information on the current location of the car was available in my nav allready. Maybe the US software was different and they now fixed that.
FM reception is good to know, and pedal response... WOW... I thought they can't fix that problem... Good news!
Iceman is offline  
Old 10-07-2004, 06:02 AM
  #4  
Senior Members
 
skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 455
Default

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Oct 7 2004, 06:38 AM
Information on the current location of the car was available in my nav allready. Maybe the US software was different and they now fixed that.
FM reception is good to know, and pedal response... WOW... I thought they can't fix that problem... Good news!?
[snapback]42112[/snapback]
I agree with ICE. I have always had the Information on current location and I had version 11.3 for 4 months until yesterday I bumped up to 13.2.x.
skipper is offline  
Old 10-07-2004, 06:10 AM
  #5  
Senior Members
 
skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 455
Default

Since the update yesterday, I have lost my RDS and there is no option anywhere to enable/disable it.
skipper is offline  
Old 10-07-2004, 07:35 AM
  #6  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lancashire (UK)
Posts: 442
Default

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Oct 7 2004, 08:10 AM
Since the update yesterday, I have lost my RDS and there is no option anywhere to enable/disable it.
[snapback]42142[/snapback]
so you lost RDS and the "information" option....yikes.

I am pretty sure I got v13.1, i think they did have 13.2 but there was some reason they didn't want to use it...maybe the issues you describe are the reason !!
northernmonkey is offline  
Old 10-07-2004, 07:36 AM
  #7  
Senior Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Beautiful North Carolina
Posts: 358
My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.
Default

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Oct 7 2004, 10:10 AM
Since the update yesterday, I have lost my RDS and there is no option anywhere to enable/disable it.
[snapback]42142[/snapback]
Sounds like you got 13.0 not 13.2
SkiScubaSailDude is offline  
Old 10-07-2004, 07:56 AM
  #8  
Senior Members
 
skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 455
Default

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Oct 7 2004, 10:35 AM
[quote name='skipper' date='Oct 7 2004, 08:10 AM']Since the update yesterday, I have lost my RDS and there is no option anywhere to enable/disable it.
[snapback]42142[/snapback]
so you lost RDS and the "information" option....yikes.

I am pretty sure I got v13.1, i think they did have 13.2 but there was some reason they didn't want to use it...maybe the issues you describe are the reason !!
[snapback]42158[/snapback]
[/quote]


No I didn't lose information. Just RDS.
skipper is offline  
Old 10-07-2004, 01:30 PM
  #9  
Contributors
 
530E60NL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,374
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)
Default

I cannot find information on current location with my version 12.x

I think I need another update.. When my wood is installed I will ask them to update.
530E60NL is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mbatayneh
E60 Discussion
2
05-06-2015 03:29 PM
Catbodi
E60 Discussion
5
04-29-2015 12:35 PM
Faizd
E60 Discussion
3
04-27-2015 12:16 PM
andrek
E60 Discussion
10
04-04-2015 08:47 AM
andrek
E60 Discussion
3
03-26-2015 08:00 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: software update and dealer service


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.