Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Software Update !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 05:57 PM
rem
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I meant to ask if anyone has been notified about this software update
I think I'm the front-runner on software updates. I have a Sep build and the first update was a "recall" to address the frozen idrive screen. I think that took me from v. 8 to v. 10. It also allowed the phone install. Then I went in for an update for the emissions warning. That took me to v. 11.0. Last update was to fix bmw assist and it took me to v. 11.2.

Each update takes about 2 days. My next service visit will be for an oil change in about 3K miles and don't want any more software updates....these incremental updates are time-consuming and seem to correct one problem while introducing another.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Senior Members

Does anybody ever wonder what version 1.0 would have been like?
Old 06-03-2004, 04:28 AM
Contributors

I'm more focused on what version 20 will be like!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Got it back and I noticed it feels lighter during acceleration. Gone is the slight hesitation when I press on the pedal. I'll check again with a full load of passengers next time. Daytime Running Light (DRL) is now on (low beam remains on in the off position, use parking lamps to turn them off). My stored navigation destinations are all gone. Radio presets are still there. I'll probably find the new changes from the upgrade in the next few days of driving it. How do I find the latest software version?
Old 06-05-2004, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Maybe the new software contains more streamlined code so it weighs less??
Old 06-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Members

I recommend that everyone ask their service advisor for a copy of the "Vehicle History Report" each time you visit your dealer for service. All your service advisor needs to do is to enter the last 7 of your VIN in his computer to get the report.

This report will tell you if there are any outstanding re-calls or campaigns required to be performed on your BMW. It will also give you a record of the warranty claims paid to your dealer by BMW.

It contains other important info as well.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:33 AM

LOL! Service rep mentioned something about drive train. I think it has to do with reprogramming engine response (fuel/air mix, rpm, speed, etc..) I was just glad to be back on the wheel again , took off w/o asking question about the upgrade. Even forgot to check on my order (extra 6 disc magazine for the glove compartment CD player.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:41 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

LOL!? Service rep mentioned something about drive train. I think it has to do with reprogramming engine response (fuel/air mix, rpm, speed, etc..) I was just glad to be back on the wheel again , took off w/o asking question about the upgrade. Even forgot to check on my order (extra 6 disc magazine for the glove compartment CD player.?
Ooops! forgot to log in.

Good post FDMeloan. Thats exactly what the service advisor did to find out what the car needed. He also made me fillout a form to request the DRL. Owners are only allowed a onetime request for the DRL option.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

What version did you get this time? Version 12? Can you please ask your service advisor?
Old 06-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Members

Gone is the slight hesitation when I press on the pedal
Rizbel are you serious about that! God i hate that delay while accelerating, HATE IT!

Quick Reply: Software Update !!!