Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Should i reject?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!

I am a Lexus owner from Jag owner to a new BMW owner. I have a new 530xi 2006, Black with NAV and Cold weather package. After one week the SES light came on and upon taking it in they said that the gas over flow sensor may be bad and they reset it. A week later the light came back on. On the second bring in, they confirmed that it was the Gas overflow sensor and they would need to replace it. The loaner cars that they give are Buick?s I am not driving one of those, I wont even walk by one. They told me they will pick me up and drop me off. I just feel uncomfortable having them tear apart a new car to repair things. The first two times I dropped of the car they returned it to me with the hood unlatched and the car smelled funny. Can I take my leased car to another BMW dealership that I feel more comfortable with, or should I just take it to my local one and if they mess up the car further, just reject it all together? Not to sound like a baby, but I refuse to drive a new car with a service engine light that keeps coming on. Or have to drive a buick for two weeks while waiting for my bmw to be repaired.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Not too many things in life are as frustrating as having trouble with your new bimmer!! From what I'm reading.....it's time to find a new service department. You can take your car to any BMW dealer. Usually, the only perk for servicing where you buy is they treat you a tad better (i.e. loaner cars), but based on your Buick comment...that doesn't seem to apply. I've had great success with my local dealer's service department, and it makes all the difference in the world. Find a dealer you can have confidence in.....or at least one that doesn't fart inside the car, and leave the doors, windows, and hood open!! Good luck, and enjoy your car......
Old 03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Members

I'll just give my local place one more shot, see if they can at least close the hood this time. If not, i'll take her somewhere else!
Old 03-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Contributors

Find a dealer with better loaner cars. When my 550 was in for an extended period, they gave me on '06 750i. Find a dealer that is interested in customer service (and in you buying your next car there).
Old 03-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I am sure not all BMWs are delivered in perfect working order and things can be broken at delivery or soon thereafter (often called infant mortality). Mine suffered from a failed iDrive at day 10, replaced and still works 12 months later. So on that issue I would not be over concerned about BMW techs having to get inside your car and fix it. The rest is dealer service related and u have the right to go where u find the best service. Hopefully u can get better without having to go too far out of your way (distance) and maybe foster a better relationship with the new dealer.

Welcome to the best BMW board E60.net

BTW, I hope your double post on the same issue was not intentional, bad manners if so.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Members

Called BMW of Bridgeport, CT they have BMW loaners and they seem nicer than the one that i bought the car from locally. Anybody here in the CT area have any good bad experiences with BMW Bridgeport or Moro Motors Of North Haven? Now if I take it to another dealer I still do not have to pay for repairs correct? Or is that only with the dealer that I purchased from?

and yes, about the double post, i hit the post button twice. my apologies
Old 03-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by akmpres' post='252232' date='Mar 9 2006, 08:02 PM
Called BMW of Bridgeport, CT they have BMW loaners and they seem nicer than the one that i bought the car from locally. Anybody here in the CT area have any good bad experiences with BMW Bridgeport or Moro Motors Of North Haven? Now if I take it to another dealer I still do not have to pay for repairs correct? Or is that only with the dealer that I purchased from?

and yes, about the double post, i hit the post button twice. my apologies
You've bought a BMW - as far as I understand it any BMW dealer will complete warranty repairs free of charge.

I mean - if you moved 300 miles away, you'd change dealer anyway wouldn't you?

Good luck with the new dealer - hopefully they'll look after you.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Senior Members

always withdraw on time... ooops wrong thread
Old 03-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Members

Just an update, SES light still on, BMW of bridgeport says bring it in next wed, and BMW of north haven just called to tell me to bring in the car to them. Now I got two dealerships pulling me in two directions. Do these guys get reimbursed from BMW when they do service on the new cars?
Old 03-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akmpres' post='252744' date='Mar 10 2006, 07:52 AM
Just an update, SES light still on, BMW of bridgeport says bring it in next wed, and BMW of north haven just called to tell me to bring in the car to them. Now I got two dealerships pulling me in two directions. Do these guys get reimbursed from BMW when they do service on the new cars?

Yes they bill the repair, parts and labor, back to BMW.

Quick Reply: Should i reject?