Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Should I collect new car with the wife and kinds

Old 04-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

I am eagerly awaiting 29th April to collect my first ever BMW (E60 530 D SE) and am wondering if I should get a lift with the wife and two young daughters (no interest in cars except colour) to the dealer, or take a train and do it on my own. The checklist I am taking (thanks to this forum) looks like a 1 hour experience plus all the paperwork and the kids will ged bored with the dealers play area.

What are your experiences?

Previous A4 took 30 minutes and got the best deal from a dealer too far away to take the family
Old 04-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 525i SE Touring Automatic - Titanium Grey II, Auburn-Dakota Leather, 17" Light Alloy Wheels Star-Spoke Styling 138, Anthracite Headlining, Maple Wood, Electric Front Seats, Front Seat Heating, Automatic Air Conditioning Advanced, Navigation System Professional, Bluetooth phone prep, Professional radio, Hi-Fi Loudspeaker system, Park Distance Control, Rear Side Airbags, Side Blinds

What a subject (can of worms) ...

I took my wife and boys (boys interested in cars) and they got totally bored halfway through :'(

If you take them make sure they can keep themselves busy for the time it takes.

Sad but true <_<
Old 04-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

Originally Posted by The Hollies' post='271351' date='Apr 19 2006, 10:07 PM
What a subject (can of worms) ...

I took my wife and boys (boys interested in cars) and they got totally bored halfway through :'(

If you take them make sure they can keep themselves busy for the time it takes.

Sad but true <_<

If boys got bored I've got no chance - have a car mad mate who offered to take me - will do that or train on my own
Old 04-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 07530d' post='271342' date='Apr 19 2006, 09:56 PM
I am eagerly awaiting 29th April to collect my first ever BMW (E60 530 D SE) and am wondering if I should get a lift with the wife and two young daughters (no interest in cars except colour) to the dealer, or take a train and do it on my own. The checklist I am taking (thanks to this forum) looks like a 1 hour experience plus all the paperwork and the kids will ged bored with the dealers play area.

What are your experiences?

Previous A4 took 30 minutes and got the best deal from a dealer too far away to take the family
Come on, spill the spec!

I say go on your own and savour every minute
Old 04-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by colejl' post='271358' date='Apr 19 2006, 10:18 PM
Come on, spill the spec!

I say go on your own and savour every minute
Spec killed by going for a 530D rather than 520D (currently have 1.9 TDI 130 2003)
Only went for Silver Grey, Auto, brushed aluminium shadow line trim, hi fi speakers, sports seats & wheel, space saver spare (will change out of RFT's in future)
Old 04-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

Your checklist and orientation is an hour.

The paperwork, even if you are paying cash is an hour.

Pickup the car by yourself. Then come home and take the family out to dinner or for a drive. That is the part they will enjoy. And, you will not be stressed having the kids asking if it is time to go.

Congrats and enjoy the new ride!
Old 04-19-2006, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

It's take so long to pickup the car. My dealer took more than 3 hours for the paper work to get done. I didn't even finance the car, don't know how long if I need to go through it.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jsal' post='271373' date='Apr 19 2006, 10:40 PM
Your checklist and orientation is an hour.

The paperwork, even if you are paying cash is an hour.

Pickup the car by yourself. Then come home and take the family out to dinner or for a drive. That is the part they will enjoy. And, you will not be stressed having the kids asking if it is time to go.

Congrats and enjoy the new ride!

Thanks - that's me decided
Old 04-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

Do you really want to immediately introduce your wife and kids to your new Mistress?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Members

Unless they are really into cars, I would leave them home and then show is to them when you get back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I collect new car with the wife and kinds