Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Should have bought the wheel/tire coverage

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I am a proud new owner of 2010 BMW 528i xDrive. I like the car so much. One test drive made the deal. I cannot say enough good things about this car. However, right after a week of ownership, I started to feel slight vibration on steering wheel and driver seat at 70~75mph. I took it back to the dealer and the technician checked the wheels (without taking off) and test-drove. He concluded there was nothing wrong. After that, I still feel the vibration. The thing is it is only happening at that speed range. Also it is more noticeable on local road than highway, since our highway quality is not good.
Then I took it to an independent shop specializing in German cars. The technician there showed me 3 out of 4 wheels are bent on inside. I don't recall hitting any bump or pothole which could cause wheels to be bent. He and I suspect the damage could be done during the transportation. The dealer insists there is nothing wrong. I have contacted BMW NA but they backed up the dealer's claim.
I was about contacting my lawyer but I am not sure if there is a case here. BMW warranty does cover wheel alignment and balancing up to 2000 miles. It never mentions that defective wheels on delivery are covered. I am just a bit shocked that this beautiful machine has defective parts and I have to pay to fix/replace them. Is my case normal? What options do I have besides keep bugging the dealer for more thorough check or straighten the wheels? I am confused.
Thanks!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Keep bugging the dealer!!

If you hit so many potholes that you bent 3 of your wheels and do no remember.... so it must have delivered like this...

If the dealer keeps it up that the wheels are not bend, just have your indy shop balance the wheels and let him make a printout of the deviation...

Or get a set of 20"s