Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

She's here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good evening, everyone!

Ms. 550 has arrived at my dealer and I am headed down there tonight to pick her up.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their input and assistance in whittling down the options I wanted, how to track the beast once it was built, and all the other information and good humor.

All the best,

Mike
Old 11-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the new ride....and post pics!
Old 11-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by bck2BMW' post='196375' date='Nov 10 2005, 05:12 PM
Good evening, everyone!

Ms. 550 has arrived at my dealer and I am headed down there tonight to pick her up.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their input and assistance in whittling down the options I wanted, how to track the beast once it was built, and all the other information and good humor.

All the best,

Mike
Good deal. Enjoy. Post pics.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Contributors

Very exciting.

Pics, list of options, first impressions please.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Members

Good evening again -

I spent a couple of hours driving Ms 550 tonight after I picked her up from the dealer. She is an automatic Titanium Silver with Auburn interior and has the Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, and Split folding rear seats.

Keeping in mind that I am coming back to the BMW fold from a recent model MB E320, here are my first impressions from the short time I spent with the Ms tonight:

- Oodles of power. Smooth power. Available low, and doesn't stop. I was surprised at how rapidly the pace quickens no matter what speed you punch it. In fact, you don't feel the speed as it gathers... you just see the speedometer flashing past the speed limit.

- Phenomenal handling. I took a good number of high speed clover-leafs and could not believe the planted feeling you get when taking the turns. The roll stabilization is flat out awesome.

- The seats are more than comfortable. The E320 had what I thought were comfortable seats, but the sport seats in the 550 are just as comfortable and much more supportive for spirited driving.

- I prefer the lighting and layout in the 550 to that in the most other cars, but I do have to say that the quality of the switches and buttons in the 550 are lacking in comparison. The tactile feel leaves something to be desired.

- Exterior styling is JUST WHAT WAS DESIRED. The look is lower and more agressive than pictures suggest. The wheels are most dished than I thought they would be and I REALLY like the look.

- Fit and finish (other than the aforementioned switches and buttons) is excellent.

Overall... from what little time I have spent with the car... WOW! Quite a gas.

I took a couple of pictures of the car just after it came off the truck, and will take a few more tomorrow and post as soon as possible.

Cheers everyone,

Mike
Old 11-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Mike-
Sounds like a blast. I'm sure the GWParkway and the Beltway will never be the same.
Just drive when you have some open road in front of you!
We're looking forward to the pics.