Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Servicing with BMW All Inclusive

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Greetings Guy's,

Traditionally I am a low mileage user as I work close to where I live. I probably only do about 12,000 miles per year. However I am anal about getting my car serviced when it needs to be serviced. The dealer has always said it should be done once a year. This I have done with all 12 BMW's I have owned.

Because of the expense involved with the last three 5 series, I went with the all inclusive 5 year servicing 100,000 Km package on my E60 which I purchased in January 06. After I had done 4800K miles it told me to get oil as I was low. I dropped it into dealer and they filled it up with oil.

Now I have done 19000 miles and have not had the car near a dealer for the past 14 months. The car is telling me that my oil is fine and there are no visible signs that the car needs attention. Nothing telling me to get it serviced.

Should I bring it in for a service or have I just been an idiot for the past no of years getting my car serviced every year and relying on the honesty of BMW service?

By the way I have Goodyear 18" Run Flats also with 19000 miles on them. They seem to be tramlining a lot and the ride is hard as everybody is pointing out. Having checked them though they seem in okay order. should I be getting these replaced soon?

look forward to your thoughts,

Grinche

Old 05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='423503' date='May 11 2007, 07:40 PM
Greetings Guy's,

Traditionally I am a low mileage user as I work close to where I live. I probably only do about 12,000 miles per year. However I am anal about getting my car serviced when it needs to be serviced. The dealer has always said it should be done once a year. This I have done with all 12 BMW's I have owned.

Because of the expense involved with the last three 5 series, I went with the all inclusive 5 year servicing 100,000 Km package on my E60 which I purchased in January 06. After I had done 4800K miles it told me to get oil as I was low. I dropped it into dealer and they filled it up with oil.

Now I have done 19000 miles and have not had the car near a dealer for the past 14 months. The car is telling me that my oil is fine and there are no visible signs that the car needs attention. Nothing telling me to get it serviced.

Should I bring it in for a service or have I just been an idiot for the past no of years getting my car serviced every year and relying on the honesty of BMW service?

By the way I have Goodyear 18" Run Flats also with 19000 miles on them. They seem to be tramlining a lot and the ride is hard as everybody is pointing out. Having checked them though they seem in okay order. should I be getting these replaced soon?

look forward to your thoughts,

Grinche

Depends, lease or own? If own, pay the money and get the oil changed at 6 months, rather than wait for the year. I think that tires are excluded from the maintenance anyway. Im in the process of buying, and am definately getting a mid term oil change on my own dime.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

The fluids build moisture regardless of the milage. This is corrosive and therefore must be changed periodically to retain performance. Very important to the braking system and oil. Spend a few extra bucks and you will be comfortable that the ride is in primo condition.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec
Unhappy

I understand what your saying. However is it a con when you buy this service exclusive and then have to go and get these fluids changed at your own expense?

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' post='423556' date='May 12 2007, 04:16 AM
The fluids build moisture regardless of the milage. This is corrosive and therefore must be changed periodically to retain performance. Very important to the braking system and oil. Spend a few extra bucks and you will be comfortable that the ride is in primo condition.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Carbon Black with Black Nasca Leather Sport Auto Transmission Active Steering Comfort Access Bamboo Anthracite wood trim Power Rear Sunshades Ventilated Seats Ipod adapter Nav Sat Premium Sound

I don't think the dealership would service your car unless i-drive was telling you it needs servicing...unless you pay for it.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:19 PM
hmc
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i Sport Pkg, 6MT

You will get a free oil change if it's been 12 months since last change.