Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Service Bulletins

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='433019' date='Jun 7 2007, 04:37 PM
Other dealers are saying -525 is 25.02.xx Generally a xx.xx.01 would be a small increment such as your -516 was already 25.00.0x. 25.01.00 was -520. You should not see any feature changes from what you already had. Just everything should work that you do have .

Thanks for that info, cobradav!

It's certainly nice to know that I have what is, for the moment, the latest and greatest. The car was delivered to me (CPO) on 20-Mar-07 so I assumed it had had an update prior to delivery but I was not getting TMC messages and my Service guys booked it in for the update. Turns out that the TMC problem was due to my older version DVD - I figured this out 2 weeks ago, but decided to let them go ahead with the update anyway, coz I was not sure what version was on the car. I'm pretty new to this stuff!

I can confirm that I notice no difference in how things look and work, and that everything works perfectly.

MacSid
Old 08-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Updated Service Information Bulletin list through the end of July 07 (actually snuck in an August SI

SIB_List_Rev_13.pdf
Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i

Thanks Dave! Congrats on the successful launch yesterday!!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Mystic Blue 530i, beige/poplar wood interior, steptronic transmission, prem, sport, & sound pkgs, comfort seats, pdc, all weather mats, red reflectors, NAV, ACC, HUD, satellite radio, heated rear seats, rear sunshade, cold weather pkg, active steering

Thanks for the valuable info cobradav.

Went in for service on Wednesday for the following:
rough idle SI B61 14 03
noisy Dunlop tires SI B36 02 05
slow iDrive response SI B65 03 07

Picked up vehicle on Friday. Rough idle fixed. Tires replaced. IDrive still slow, but new color scheme, menu items changed/renamed, Accept screen disappears automatically.

Final Report:
vehicle data status: E060-05-12-510, PROGMAN 20.02.00
target vehicle status:E060-07-03-525, PROGMAN 25.02.00

Armed with information obtained from this board, I was able to get all of my issues resolved though I had hoped for a later PROGMAN version.

I find it unfortunate that I have to haggle with dealerships on the tire issue as well as issues that should be corrected with a PROGMAN update.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I have updated the PROGMAN (formerly CIP) list to include the latest SIB release just today - 27 September 2007 - for PROGMAN 27.00.00

I posted the full SIB and a searchable excerpt in the main e60 forum.

Service Bulletins-cip_releases_v5.jpg
Old 09-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i

Thanks Dave! You 'da man!!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='475128' date='Sep 27 2007, 04:15 PM
I have updated the PROGMAN (formerly CIP) list to include the latest SIB release just today - 27 September 2007 - for PROGMAN 27.00.00

I posted the full SIB and a searchable excerpt in the main e60 forum.

Attachment 38066

Thanks, picked up my new car Saturday, and the iPOD switches to FM mode, just as SIB 61 14 03 states. I will be dropping the car off at dealer on Tuesday 10/16/07. This way I bring the SIB printout, they should have no problem identifying the problem and resovling the issue. BTW how can you determine what PROGMAN is loaded in your vehicle?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by yayankee' post='479595' date='Oct 9 2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks, picked up my new car Saturday, and the iPOD switches to FM mode, just as SIB 61 14 03 states. I will be dropping the car off at dealer on Tuesday 10/16/07. This way I bring the SIB printout, they should have no problem identifying the problem and resovling the issue. BTW how can you determine what PROGMAN is loaded in your vehicle?
Only dealer can tell you. If they are doing work that requires a testing of car then be sure to ask for copies of reports and test plans to be provided to you when you pick up car. Ask when you deliver car for service, don't wait until you pick it up or they will probably not provide them. From these reports we determine Target Data Status which we ( oe you using the chart above) can translate to the PROGMAN version. Your dealer may tell you what PROGMAN version they installed, but I have found that to be a little unreliable, but will suffice in a pinch.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Contributors

Here is the updated SIB list. Gets us into October 07.

SIB_List_Rev_14.pdf
Old 10-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Contributors

I have updated the PROGMAN (formerly CIP) list. I have more fully developed the "intermediate" versions with additional research from some additional BMW resources . The results of this research have enabled me to more fully understand the PROGMAN version process. The net result is that many of the versions we hear of have no actual impact on our earlier models. There are three main reasons for the version changes that are NOT directly related to fixing issues or out and out feature improvements on existing models.

Reason #1: When BMW makes changes such adding RTTI, HD Radio, adding new buttons, different STEP tranny, LCI light changes, etc, BMW releases new PROGMAN with "coding" and / or "programming" for these features or changes. BMW has to get these items included in the PROGMAN software in the field so they can service them. Therefore: a NEW PROGMAN VERSION is created. Does us no good but you are likely to hear - "Oh the dealer has version xx.xx.02" I want it. Don't, its no good to any older model so don't worry about it.

Reason #2: BMW makes changes to the dealers diagnostic software (version 51 now) and hardware (about 4th or 5th generation now) so, again, BMW has to make changes to PROGMAN to work with these new tools, but not each and every time. These usually are improved testing techniques for current or older models submitted to BMW AG by the better techs at the dealers. In those cases where you may have an issue that can only be diagnosed with the new diagnostic tool BMW may have to upgrade you just to get the desired diagnostic to work. These upgrades, again, may or may not include any fixes so are not of great value to most owners.

Reason #3: Changes to PROGMAN versions JUST to be able to load or run better (bug fixes) on the dealers upgrade systems.

This list now includes the results of this expanded research, especially on the newer releases since around mid 06.

Service Bulletins-cip_releases_v6.jpg

Quick Reply: Service Bulletins