Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Security Deposit? WHY

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 03:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was dealing with one dealer here in FL that gave me a quote etc and it didn't include a security deposit. The other dealer that I went to is asking for a security deposit. The money factor on the 1st quote was .00139 and the quote was in Oct. The 2nd quote w/ the security depo has a MF of .0007 and was done in Nov. Can someone offer insight into why I would need to make a security depo if I'm leasing through BMWFS.

CK
Old 11-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by cednite' post='354825' date='Nov 11 2006, 07:13 AM
I was dealing with one dealer here in FL that gave me a quote etc and it didn't include a security deposit. The other dealer that I went to is asking for a security deposit. The money factor on the 1st quote was .00139 and the quote was in Oct. The 2nd quote w/ the security depo has a MF of .0007 and was done in Nov. Can someone offer insight into why I would need to make a security depo if I'm leasing through BMWFS.

CK

I don't know the answer to your question, but simple logic should tell you that they are trying to screw you. Why do I know that? Because they are car salesmen. It's as simple as that.

I don't understand why car sales has to be such a shady business? It's just insulting.

I tried to lease my E60. I picked out the options and worked out my lease deal, I signed on it, and paid the deposit to order the car. Then, during the weeks waiting for the car to arrive from the factory I would periodically get phone calls from the dealer saying that they wanted more money on the down payment. They kept talking about my credit history. My credit history is as perfect as anyone can hope. But they would just make up reasons why they needed more money upfront. This happened several times, and eventually they were asking for a full pre-paid lease.

I got so fed up with their calls, that I stopped answering the phone or returning messages. Finally, when the car arrived, I went in unannounced with a cashiers check for the sticker price and told them to forget the lease altogether.

In the end, I think purchasing was the best route.... because I have been higher mileage than anticipated... but it was just insulting to be treated that way. There was no reason for it.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by cednite' post='354825' date='Nov 11 2006, 04:13 AM

CK
Usually if it's your first time leasing with BMW you are required to put down a security desposit. If you have leased with BMW Financial Services prior they will waive the security desposit. Besides BMWFS offer what is call a Multiple Security Deposit (MSD) where if you put down a lot for the security deposit, BMWFS will lower your Money Factor. At the end of the lease your MSD will be refunded to you. For more info check this link out: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134206