Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Scratched wheel on delivery

Old 04-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i, titanium silver, gray leather, sport package, premium package, Logic 7, steptronic, folding rear seats, comfort seats, comfort access, heated front seats

I recently took delivery of my 06' 530i and during the delivery inspection I noticed a small but deep scratch on the right front wheel. The delivery was at night and I wanted to thank the delivery checklist that reminded me to take a flashlight cause I would have never seen it without it. I informed the manager and he told me that they have someone that comes by the dealership a couple times a week that fixes small wheel scratches and to just make an appointment. That is fine but has anyone else had something like this fixed properly without ever knowing it was there? Another question I have is because I ordered the car and it was brand new if I should ask for a whole new wheel. Here's the picture.

Scratched wheel on delivery-dsc00922.jpg
Old 04-14-2006, 12:11 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry, it'll cover with brake dust. Just enjoy your car. It's just a minor thing.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

That should be a easy fix for the repair guy. If it was me, only my suggestion... I would take the repair, ask if the dealer can write you up a receipt and how long the warranty will be on it. Like if it flakes off in 2 years... it shouldnt... but just in case.

Keep things going good with your dealer if you plan on using them in the future... if you piss them off now they wont be as helpful later on when you really need them.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

I would not worry too much. Let that scratch be the biggest scratch on your wheels. Of course, it should not be like that but it's not that much of a problem, IMHO.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I'm too much of an perfectionist - I would demand a brand new wheel!
I would never take delivery of a brand new car with any defects!

I actually got a similar scratch in my garage last Wednesday when they changed
my winterwheels to summer ones and I have a old scatch, too.

I would like to know how to repair it?
Old 04-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

My service rep just had road rash removed on all 4 wheels and they back to me as new. Any problems down the road you're dealer would surely stand behind. Especially one small scratch. Enjoy your new ride!
Old 04-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, titanium silver, gray leather, sport package, premium package, Logic 7, steptronic, folding rear seats, comfort seats, comfort access, heated front seats

Thanks for the help. It sounds like this guy does a pretty good job since the dealer is paying this guy to fix problems like this.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530xi

As long as the defect doesn't affect the overall operation of the car, then a repair is justifiable. If the scratch was any more severe, I would have demanded a new wheel. Just think about it this way, once you get in and drive, you'll forget there's even a scratch.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Members

No doubt. When I'm driving it's not even a thought. Only when Im cleaning all that brake dust.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i White/Black, SMG, Sports Pkg, Comfort Access, Nav, HUD, Satellite Radio, Anthracite Maple Trim 2006 X5 3.0, Black/Black, Sports Pkg, Premium Pkg, Xenon Adaptive Headlight, NAV, Rear Climate Pkg, Anthracite Trim

Its great excuse to get some 20's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scratched wheel on delivery