5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Scratched wheel on delivery (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/scratched-wheel-delivery-24555/)

calzona 04-13-2006 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently took delivery of my 06' 530i and during the delivery inspection I noticed a small but deep scratch on the right front wheel. The delivery was at night and I wanted to thank the delivery checklist that reminded me to take a flashlight cause I would have never seen it without it. :thumbsup: I informed the manager and he told me that they have someone that comes by the dealership a couple times a week that fixes small wheel scratches and to just make an appointment. That is fine but has anyone else had something like this fixed properly without ever knowing it was there? Another question I have is because I ordered the car and it was brand new if I should ask for a whole new wheel. Here's the picture.

Attachment 17810

my530i 04-14-2006 12:11 AM

Don't worry, it'll cover with brake dust. Just enjoy your car. It's just a minor thing. :thumbsup:

EBMCS03 04-14-2006 06:26 AM

That should be a easy fix for the repair guy. If it was me, only my suggestion... I would take the repair, ask if the dealer can write you up a receipt and how long the warranty will be on it. Like if it flakes off in 2 years... it shouldnt... but just in case.

Keep things going good with your dealer if you plan on using them in the future... if you piss them off now they wont be as helpful later on when you really need them.

big_ipaq 04-14-2006 06:34 AM

I would not worry too much. Let that scratch be the biggest scratch on your wheels. Of course, it should not be like that but it's not that much of a problem, IMHO.

Ricracing 04-14-2006 07:02 AM

I'm too much of an perfectionist - I would demand a brand new wheel!
I would never take delivery of a brand new car with any defects!

I actually got a similar scratch in my garage last Wednesday when they changed
my winterwheels to summer ones and I have a old scatch, too.

I would like to know how to repair it? :help:

1600 04-14-2006 08:06 AM

My service rep just had road rash removed on all 4 wheels and they back to me as new. Any problems down the road you're dealer would surely stand behind. Especially one small scratch. Enjoy your new ride!

calzona 04-14-2006 10:59 AM

Thanks for the help. It sounds like this guy does a pretty good job since the dealer is paying this guy to fix problems like this.

blinkme_210 04-14-2006 11:59 AM

As long as the defect doesn't affect the overall operation of the car, then a repair is justifiable. If the scratch was any more severe, I would have demanded a new wheel. Just think about it this way, once you get in and drive, you'll forget there's even a scratch.

calzona 04-14-2006 12:30 PM

No doubt. When I'm driving it's not even a thought. Only when Im cleaning all that brake dust. :D

ICEMAN 316 04-14-2006 12:54 PM

Its great excuse to get some 20's :whistle: