Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

SAVAGE BMW

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Whats up guys I went in to my dealer (Savage BMW) this last weekend to get my car serviced

The brakes where squeeking (this was the second time I had went in first time they said the brakes needed more lube) when I would almost come to a stop (front brakes) and when I would accelerate again.

Also my passanger side window is making a popping noise when I roll the window down so I asked them to check that as well

Well considering it was a Sat. they told me they would not be able to lok at the window, they only do minor work on the weekend (B.S.)

When I got the car bake the SR told me they replaced the rear brakes. I told him ok thats cool but what about the front ones. He told me they where fineI told him that the noise was coming from the front and the brakes looked worn he reassured me they where ok... i laughed and because I was in a hurry I took my car and left ( knowing I could come back the next weekend) not even a mile later the squeeking came back... I was so pissed I just turned around and went back I told the SR to fix it right away he told me that he couldnt but if I came back on Monday he would be able to look at it again he said its prob. the front ones then, I told him he must be a comidian because this was one of the funniest things i had heard considering that was what I said in the first place. I asked him why didnt he check it out when he had the chance.. he said "honestly we where really busy I am sorry sir but if you come back on monday we can look at your car again and fix the problem" At this poit I became rally ticked so I asked to speak to the manager, I guess he was on vacation there wasnt anyone else to speak to so my only option was to bring it back... Someone please tell my why are some of these SR's such idiots...

Oh and another thing I has asked for the idrive upgrade so I could use the bluetooth function (have an 04) and he told me I would not be able to because my car was produced before OCT/04 (mine is 04/04) I mentioned my brothers e60 had the upgrade he said it was because it was made after that date.. guess what when I went back home and checked her production date it was 11/03...WTF

again why are these guys such idiots...

so does anyone know within riverside county or at least on specific perosn at savage BMW ...a good SR.. if you do please let me know..

also about the idrive upgrade.. first is it worth it to spend the time doing it (what are the benifits) and IS it actually possible to get the bluetooth feature or was the guy right?

on a side note what is the LCI and what is it for? Thanks Guys im still a newbie...

sorry for the long post..just a little ticked..

HAve a good one guys.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Savage BMW service department has a very bad reputation. There's a thread over in bimmerfest where one of the service technicians there crashed a customer's M3 during a test drive (joy ride). It's been a while since I read the thread but Savage didn't really do anything about it. If I were you, I'd drive as far as 60 miles to another dealership just to avoid Savage.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='457061' date='Aug 9 2007, 10:55 AM
Savage BMW service department has a very bad reputation. There's a thread over in bimmerfest where one of the service technicians there crashed a customer's M3 during a test drive (joy ride). It's been a while since I read the thread but Savage didn't really do anything about it. If I were you, I'd drive as far as 60 miles to another dealership just to avoid Savage.

WOW after reading that on bimmerfest ...i am shocked...that just makes me angry.. i feel bad for stuka.

I forgot to mention another problem I had when I first bought the car.

My brother and I both bought 530's from savage and they loved the buisness we where givign them. We each put 10K down... and when they asked me for my payoff amount on my truck i was bringing in I gave them a number close to what I thought it was, but I made sure They know I wasnt exactly sure what the correct amount was. So they tried calling in to get the payoff demand butfor some reason they couldnt get through so they just went with what I said.

NOW its been 1 month and I get a call from the bank I had my truck loan with saying my payment is passed due WTF... I called SAVAGE (dont ever buy from savage) and they said there was a $500 differance between what I said the payoff was and what it really was and they need the money now. I told them i wasnt going to give them another dime we already gave them $20K!

So the next day i go in to get the owners manual they forgot to put with my car. they call me into the salesoffice and call their sales manager to talk to me. He tried intimidate me saying we can take the car back ans what not, also saying they wont give me my owners manual if i dont pay etc etc....

I threw my keys on the table, told him I added 4000 miles (i lied) on the car he can have it back, just give me my truck and my $10K back and I ll get the deal from another dealership... he was stunned didnt say anyhting.. i picked up my keys told him im not paying him a dime, and he better order my manual... then walked out... those idiots havent called since.. I WILL NEVER BUY A CAR FROM SAVAGE.. AND I WILL always tell others not to buy from there... now after reading the story on bimmerfest I wont even take my car in anymore...
Old 08-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

So no 5's on the survey eh? I haven't had any issues with them...actually almost treated like Royalty everytime. I guess I will think twice the next time I need service.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Heloha' post='457169' date='Aug 9 2007, 02:39 PM
So no 5's on the survey eh? I haven't had any issues with them...actually almost treated like Royalty everytime. I guess I will think twice the next time I need service.

Did you read the thread (or have you already) on bimmerfest... its sad...

do you only go to one SR? who do you use?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='457171' date='Aug 9 2007, 04:44 PM
Did you read the thread (or have you already) on bimmerfest... its sad...

do you only go to one SR? who do you use?
I haven't read the thread...do you have the link? As far as SR, I just go to who ever they send me to when I show up. Sounds like I've been very lucky.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Members

Here i the link...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49291
Old 08-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='457180' date='Aug 9 2007, 05:06 PM
Good eye-opening article! So who has the best service dept. in OC, LA, Riverside/SB? I always had good luck at Crevier too but I actually thought Savage was better!!! Not anymore. Dealers I'm nearest on a daily basis would be Irvine or Assael.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Silver 545i - Steptronic, OEM BMW-Aero Kit, Remus Sport Exhaust System, Black Dakota Leather, Sport/Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Sun Shades, Front and Rear Park Distance Control, Voice Command, Logic 7 Premium Sound, Active Steering, Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Shadowline Trim.

Originally Posted by Heloha' post='457215' date='Aug 9 2007, 05:09 PM
Good eye-opening article! So who has the best service dept. in OC, LA, Riverside/SB? I always had good luck at Crevier too but I actually thought Savage was better!!! Not anymore. Dealers I'm nearest on a daily basis would be Irvine or Assael.

Try New Century BMW in Alhambra. They have consistently won the Centers of Excellence award from BMW.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='457052' date='Aug 9 2007, 01:18 PM
Whats up guys I went in to my dealer (Savage BMW) this last weekend to get my car serviced

The brakes where squeeking (this was the second time I had went in first time they said the brakes needed more lube) when I would almost come to a stop (front brakes) and when I would accelerate again.

Also my passanger side window is making a popping noise when I roll the window down so I asked them to check that as well

Well considering it was a Sat. they told me they would not be able to lok at the window, they only do minor work on the weekend (B.S.)

When I got the car bake the SR told me they replaced the rear brakes. I told him ok thats cool but what about the front ones. He told me they where fineI told him that the noise was coming from the front and the brakes looked worn he reassured me they where ok... i laughed and because I was in a hurry I took my car and left ( knowing I could come back the next weekend) not even a mile later the squeeking came back... I was so pissed I just turned around and went back I told the SR to fix it right away he told me that he couldnt but if I came back on Monday he would be able to look at it again he said its prob. the front ones then, I told him he must be a comidian because this was one of the funniest things i had heard considering that was what I said in the first place. I asked him why didnt he check it out when he had the chance.. he said "honestly we where really busy I am sorry sir but if you come back on monday we can look at your car again and fix the problem" At this poit I became rally ticked so I asked to speak to the manager, I guess he was on vacation there wasnt anyone else to speak to so my only option was to bring it back... Someone please tell my why are some of these SR's such idiots...
Oh and another thing I has asked for the idrive upgrade so I could use the bluetooth function (have an 04) and he told me I would not be able to because my car was produced before OCT/04 (mine is 04/04) I mentioned my brothers e60 had the upgrade he said it was because it was made after that date.. guess what when I went back home and checked her production date it was 11/03...WTF

again why are these guys such idiots...
so does anyone know within riverside county or at least on specific perosn at savage BMW ...a good SR.. if you do please let me know..

also about the idrive upgrade.. first is it worth it to spend the time doing it (what are the benifits) and IS it actually possible to get the bluetooth feature or was the guy right?

on a side note what is the LCI and what is it for? Thanks Guys im still a newbie...

sorry for the long post..just a little ticked..

HAve a good one guys.
I?m with BMW of North America, LLC. I?m so sorry your service experience was not what you expected. We are here to work with you and your BMW center. If you would like our assistance, please give us a call at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200722802542 so that we can help you more efficiently.