5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Salesperson miss-informed or just bad? (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/salesperson-miss-informed-just-bad-23344/)

Landa220 03-13-2006 12:15 PM

Hey gang,

I'm looking for an '06 550i and have a local salesperson helping me find specifically what I want.

I mentioned that if I find one that was "on the way" or still at the VPC maybe I could have them install the M-Aero Kit. He comes back and says the VPC does not do that. It is a dealer installed option. He was wondering where I heard that they did that!

Is he correct or is this a bad sign? Something tells me he may be difficult to work a decent price out with as well. Let me know what you think.

By the way, I'm looking for a black sapphire metallic /auburn interior / anthracite wood 550i. If you have one, let me know. I'm willing to travel/ship it for the right deal. I'll be in the market by the end of this month.

Thanks,

ImolaRedM 03-13-2006 12:34 PM

Sounds like that sales person is pulling your leg. And I doubt you'll get a 2006 on the way since they're already making 2007's. Where are you located?

Landa220 03-13-2006 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='254368' date='Mar 13 2006, 04:34 PM
Sounds like that sales person is pulling your leg. And I doubt you'll get a 2006 on the way since they're already making 2007's. Where are you located?

S.E. Michigan.

I've resigned to the fact that I'm going to get one already on the ground. I'm searching all the dealerships in the midwest to see who comes closest to what I want.

Thanks,

tachyon 03-13-2006 04:28 PM

Yes, yes, yes .... the VPC installs the M Kit (South Carolina port for you). And it shouldn't be too late as long as you get the the order to the VPC within 10 days of arrival at port.

Alternatively if you find an '06 550 you like already on a lot - and it doesn't have the M Kit - the dealer can arrange to have the M Kit installed for you at their body shop or one you trust near you.

Happy hunting. :P

Veight 03-14-2006 06:54 PM

You know ive asked about the ports for delivery and everyone has an opinion. I heard that ED cars are delivered to NJ port and new cars are delivered to SC port. Is it true that they install aero kits at both ports?

markt540i 05-04-2006 11:55 AM

My experience is that sales associates across the board no very little about these cars. There may be a few exceptions but I have not run across them. This forum should be required reading while they are waiting for the next customer to arrive.

tachyon is correct, either can install it, although I recommend having the VPC do it since they do so many.

ICEMAN 316 05-04-2006 12:02 PM

The VPC installs the M-kit but if the car's at the dealer already then they do the install but i think they charge more for the intallation.