Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

salesman thinks I'm dumb.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530i. Premium, Sport, powere shades, Sat. radio and hopefully the occasional groupy in the seat.

This isn't my first car, but it is my first BMW. Now I sold my car last friday and went looking for a 330i and ended up with a 530i that docked yesterday(10/24). Now I haven't been to the dealership yet because A. I have no car now and B. they are 1.5 hours away. So anyway, faxed the credit app sunday night...and he still hasn't fed ex'd the paperwork to be signed because he says he doesn't have the VIN number yet. Ummm, aren't the VIN numbers presented to the dealer before the cars even leave the line? Even still I know they would have it by the time it docked. Aside from being excited to get this car, I NEED THE DAMN CAR ASAP ANYWAY BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE!!! I'm going to be quite irritated if I have to wait additional time because they are being lazy with the paperwork. This wait is killing me. And now for the comparison shot. My old car vs my new car

Old 10-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by ghetto fabulous' date='Oct 25 2005, 09:35 PM
This isn't my first car, but it is my first BMW. Now I sold my car last friday and went looking for a 330i and ended up with a 530i that docked yesterday(10/24). Now I haven't been to the dealership yet because A. I have no car now and B. they are 1.5 hours away. So anyway, faxed the credit app sunday night...and he still hasn't fed ex'd the paperwork to be signed because he says he doesn't have the VIN number yet. Ummm, aren't the VIN numbers presented to the dealer before the cars even leave the line? Even still I know they would have it by the time it docked. Aside from being excited to get this car, I NEED THE DAMN CAR ASAP ANYWAY BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE!!! I'm going to be quite irritated if I have to wait additional time because they are being lazy with the paperwork. This wait is killing me. And now for the comparison shot. My old car vs my new car

[snapback]188677[/snapback]
You could talk to the sales manager. Doing so might clarify things. The dealer is a eager to get the deal done as you are--at least if the dealer is reputable and is not trying to sell the car our from under you. I doubt a BMW dealer would trying to sell the "car out ...." You could always rent a car for a few days. But, I don't know when VINs become available. I doubt the salesman thinks you are dumb and, thus, that he can get away with something. What would be the motivation?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:56 PM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

The vehicle will already have a VIN when it's produced, and before it's even on a ship to the US. The dealer should be able to look in their system to retrieve this information. I'm not sure if it's the same for routine or stock orders, but it certainly is for special orders.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Members

My Ride: Toyota Highlander and BMW 530iA

Yes, the VIN is known a couple days before the car is produced. If the car is supposedly on the boat, it will have a VIN #.

Looks like you got mystic blue with beige. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:51 AM
Senior Members

Now you just have to invest in it twice to make it look better than that tweaked a4. Btw nice car that audi....but the bmw would look even better with some mods...about the vin sorry i don't know much about it and yes i know waiting for paperwork is frustraiting and irritating. It drove me almost mad when i heard i have to wait 5 more days because the dealer did not recive some papers from customs even though the car was there, i simply couldn't pick it up.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

very nice audi u had. u gonna tweek the e60 too?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i. Premium, Sport, powere shades, Sat. radio and hopefully the occasional groupy in the seat.

I might do a couple things to the E60, but the reason I went all out (for me) is so I wouldn't have to do half the crap I did to the Audi. The Audi looked very conservative but was actually heavily modified...and as far as the color, I believe it's Monaco Blue?
Old 10-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ghetto fabulous' date='Oct 26 2005, 08:07 AM
I might do a couple things to the E60, but the reason I went all out (for me) is so I wouldn't have to do half the crap I did to the Audi. The Audi looked very conservative but was actually heavily modified...and as far as the color, I believe it's Monaco Blue?
[snapback]188818[/snapback]
...well congrats, monaco blue is nice, there is a member who just got a 550 in it, u can see pix in that link...the audi looks nice, but i'd tone down the side lettering on your new baby, the design speaks for itself
Old 10-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by ghetto fabulous' date='Oct 26 2005, 06:07 AM
Or so we all thought. Believe me, you'll change...
Old 10-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Members

My Ride: Toyota Highlander and BMW 530iA

I think you're right. It's probably Monaco Blue. Monaco Blue looks real nice when the sun is out. When it's cloudy/rainy it looks like black. Weird but cool color.

Originally Posted by ghetto fabulous' date='Oct 26 2005, 08:07 AM

Quick Reply: salesman thinks I'm dumb.