Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Rolling in a white Camry for a few days

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Jet Black/Black, Manual, Sport, Logic 7

My dealership put some damage on my left rear fender when the car was in for new door seals a few weeks ago. 12" scuff, down to the primer. I took it in for an estimate at the dealer a couple of weeks ago, and dropped it off for repair yesterday.

I thought my worst-case scenario would be driving a 325i loaner. I was wrong - they were out of loaners and hooked me up with Enterprise and a death-on-wheels Honda Civic . After less than a block driving the rental, a metal-on-metal grinding sound was coming from the front suspension. The sound got worse, but I made it to work (5 minutes away). After work, I took it back to Enterprise, where the agent (same guy who dropped off the car that morning) expressed surprise that there was something wrong - perhaps they are accustomed to hearing these sounds coming out of their cars.

They put me into a Camry, which badly needs an alignment, but is otherwise drivable. The best thing I can say about it is that it's better than catching the bus (but not by much).

It will take a total of 4 trips because of the lot damage caused by the dealer, which, BTW, they left me to discover on my own (there's no way whoever banged my car didn't know what happened :thumbsdown: ). No real apology for what happened. I hate to sound like a whiner, but I know when I've received good customer service - and this isn't it. And I realize that it's not the dealer's fault that Enterprise's rental fleet has problems.

I did pick up my red reflectors, and will put them on as soon as I get my car back.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Contributors

man, sorry to hear. hope you get your e60 back soon.

i don't know how to react if the damage done to my car was by somebody else - that's irritating!

must be weird driving the camry around knowing full well you deserve better, especially if the scratch was their fault to begin with.
is there more than one dealership in hawaii?
Old 08-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Insist on a BM as a courtesy....
Old 08-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Aug 17 2005, 05:25 PM
Insist on a BM as a courtesy....
[snapback]160174[/snapback]
Yeah!! Ask for the Manager's car if they don't have one. Over here in Singapore, they'll rent you an E60 if all their loaners are out.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5, Silverstone with black extended leather, brushed aluminium trim, Nav Pro, Logic 7, PDC, 35 % tint.

I got stuck in a Toyota Corolla from Enterprise. Same issue, they were out of loaners. I hated it, it made my appreciate my 545 even more.

The last time they gave me a new 330 and I loved it, I drove the hell out of it.

Every once in a while you have to drive a crappy, uninspiring car like a Toyota just to realize how great the BMW is.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

A loaner Corolla? My Lord. I'd return that one through the dealership's front window.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

i totally understand how you feel, stevehi, and i'm not surprised at all. i don't know how many loaner they have for the e60 owners, probably only one. even time i need one, they told me it's unavailable . i was so lucky to got it one time, another e60. i had enterprise couple times. one time was a cavalier and the other time was a camry. they asked me if i want to get a accord for $5/day . i'm not being cheap but why would i want to pay extra ? if they offered me something the same class as the e60, that's a different story. our dealer sucks big time :thumbsdown:.

daydok, we only have one bmw dealer in this island. so we have to stuck with them :thumbsdown:.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Aug 18 2005, 04:46 PM
i totally understand how you feel, stevehi, and i'm not surprised at all.? i don't know how many loaner they have for the e60 owners, probably only one.? even time i need one, they told me it's unavailable .? i was so lucky to got it one time, another e60.? i had enterprise couple times.? one time was a cavalier and the other time was a camry.? they asked me if i want to get a accord for $5/day .? i'm not being cheap but why would i want to pay extra ?? if they offered me something the same class as the e60, that's a different story.? our dealer sucks big time ? :thumbsdown:.

daydok, we only have one bmw dealer in this island.? so we have to stuck with them :thumbsdown:.
[snapback]160816[/snapback]
According to a constitutional law attorney I spoke with, getting a Camry as a loaner at a BMW dealership is "cruel and unusual punishment."
Having to endure a boring Camry is simply going too far!
Old 08-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Originally Posted by hpowders' date='Aug 18 2005, 05:28 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Aug 18 2005, 04:46 PM']i totally understand how you feel, stevehi, and i'm not surprised at all.? i don't know how many loaner they have for the e60 owners, probably only one.? even time i need one, they told me it's unavailable .? i was so lucky to got it one time, another e60.? i had enterprise couple times.? one time was a cavalier and the other time was a camry.? they asked me if i want to get a accord for $5/day .? i'm not being cheap but why would i want to pay extra ?? if they offered me something the same class as the e60, that's a different story.? our dealer sucks big time ? :thumbsdown:.

daydok, we only have one bmw dealer in this island.? so we have to stuck with them :thumbsdown:.
[snapback]160816[/snapback]
According to a constitutional law attorney I spoke with, getting a Camry as a loaner at a BMW dealership is "cruel and unusual punishment."
The Camry is simply going too far!
[snapback]160843[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ah, but it makes you appreciate your car when you get it back!!!!

CVT Benhogan
Old 08-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Jet Black/Black, Manual, Sport, Logic 7

It could have been worse - that Civic they initially put me in is a disaster waiting to happen.

While I don't miss my wife's MB, I do miss the level of customer service at the dealership. Loaners were always available (always C230's though) and they really had a "high touch," similar to Ritz-Carlton, Disney, etc. Once, when her car wasn't ready as planned, my wife expressed her concern because she had some errands to run that day. Well, the dealer had a driver take her on her errands for about 2 hours!

Quick Reply: Rolling in a white Camry for a few days