Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Rizzo method on '05 545

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004 | 05:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

Hi all, my first post. I have been trolling silently getting good information from all of you before taking the plunge.

I have decided to make the move. My 911 seems way too small now that we are shortly to have another child. I have decided on a pretty much loaded 6 speed 545. Now, I just have to find a dealer to play. Using the suggestions that some of you have posted on the Rizzo method, today I faxed a "purchase proposal" to 15 dealers located in my state. i would be happy to get $3K above invoice and the KBB trade-in value on my car.

Anyone with any insights on dealer willingness to negotiate on '05s? I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 09-11-2004 | 05:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Welcome to the best E60 forum on the net! You will be more informed that 90% of the dealers you contact I assure you.

Enjoy!
Old 09-11-2004 | 07:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG. Titanium Grey with Grey interior and Anthracite wood.

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Sep 11 2004, 07:04 PM
Hi all, my first post. I have been trolling silently getting good information from all of you before taking the plunge.

I have decided to make the move. My 911 seems way too small now that we are shortly to have another child. I have decided on a pretty much loaded 6 speed 545. Now, I just have to find a dealer to play. Using the suggestions that some of you have posted on the Rizzo method, today I faxed a "purchase proposal" to 15 dealers located in my state. i would be happy to get $3K above invoice and the KBB trade-in value on my car.

Anyone with any insights on dealer willingness to negotiate on '05s? I'll let you know how it goes.
Try looking out of state and have the vehicle shipped.

Irvine BMW: (949) 380-1200, fax: (949) 387-8132
Chuck Mentas
chuckm@irvinebmw.net

It is worth a shot.
Old 09-12-2004 | 03:02 AM
Senior Members

For what it is worth. About a week ago I emailed a $2000 over invoice offer on a loaded 545 (for order - so MY05) and my preferred (closest) dealer came back with $2500 over invoice. I took it. So you don't always have to go "Rizzo" to get a decent price. I was happy to pay a little more to buy from the preferred dealer.
Old 09-12-2004 | 05:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

I am very curious to see what my local dealer comes back with. There are about twenty BMW dealers in my state, but my local dealer is the only BMW dealer within about 45 minutes. I faxed my purchase proposal to all the ones within about 5 hours. My local dealer has in the past barely been willing to negotiate at all being the only game in town. I have purchased four BMWs since 2002, only one from my local dealer due to their staunch position of not negotiating. They have a new Sales Manager who hopefully wants to sell cars. The previous manager had the philosophy of holding out for full sticker, rather than moving a vehicle. I was told off the record he was fired because he wasn't meeting sales expectations.
Old 09-12-2004 | 08:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 528xi, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Sep 12 2004, 08:55 AM
I am very curious to see what my local dealer comes back with. There are about twenty BMW dealers in my state, but my local dealer is the only BMW dealer within about 45 minutes. I faxed my purchase proposal to all the ones within about 5 hours. My local dealer has in the past barely been willing to negotiate at all being the only game in town. I have purchased four BMWs since 2002, only one from my local dealer due to their staunch position of not negotiating. They have a new Sales Manager who hopefully wants to sell cars. The previous manager had the philosophy of holding out for full sticker, rather than moving a vehicle. I was told off the record he was fired because he wasn't meeting sales expectations.
You might be able to get good discounts then since there is a new sales manager.

I hope you can get a 545i
Old 09-12-2004 | 09:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Xenon, Sport, Premium, Automatic, Logic 7, Orient Blue & Auburn Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim

Just make sure you get $3000.00 below MSRP. A lot of people is able to get the $3000 below. A few people always want to argue about getting that price but it's easy to get.

Offer $3000 below msrp and be Firm !
Old 09-12-2004 | 07:11 PM
Members

The salesman I am meeting with tomorrow knows I have purchased four BMWs in the last two years. So I am hopeful he might think of future business as well. Over the phone the first out of town dealer I spoke with on Friday readily agreed to $2500 so I am hopeful for $3000. Big sticking point may be what they offer for the 911.

Does anyone have any experience with the values listed for trade-in on KBB? I would be happy to get the trade-in value listed on the KBB site, but I have this impending feeling that they are going to offer some absurd number. Any insight into the experience with the KBB numbers would be appreciated. I'll let you all know how my negotiations go tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2004 | 07:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by firewired' date='Sep 12 2004, 07:11 PM
The salesman I am meeting with tomorrow knows I have purchased four BMWs in the last two years. So I am hopeful he might think of future business as well. Over the phone the first out of town dealer I spoke with on Friday readily agreed to $2500 so I am hopeful for $3000. Big sticking point may be what they offer for the 911.

Does anyone have any experience with the values listed for trade-in on KBB? I would be happy to get the trade-in value listed on the KBB site, but I have this impending feeling that they are going to offer some absurd number. Any insight into the experience with the KBB numbers would be appreciated. I'll let you all know how my negotiations go tomorrow.
When I trade mine, I got the same price as KBB showed. In my opinion, you knew BMW more than sales, you should be fine. Good Luck
Old 09-12-2004 | 10:31 PM
Senior Members

i think we've discussed the same topic over here.

Offer $3000 below msrp and be Firm !
BMW.Aaron.TeamF1, i'm not saying you are wrong but a lot of those "experts" from different websites, magazines, and newspapers saying don't bargain from the msrp and down. bargain from the invoice and up. this way, the sales reps might think we are offering them a deal psychologically . but if we are doing the other way around, they will definitely think we are asking for a big discount .

trade-in is always not a good thing to do. only good thing about trade-in is hassle-free, pay less tax on your new car since they'll deduct your trade-in value to your new car value. but i got about $5k more when i sold my car to a private party . i only put my car in the papers for less than two weeks and the guy who bought it was the first guy who called. everything was quick and simple . also, don't mix up the numbers with your trade-in and the new car. bargain everything separately. tell them you don't have any trade-in and get the bottom price for the new car first. then tell him you want to trade-in your current car. if they give you some ridiculous number, which is very common, stand up and walk away <_<. i'm sure he'll do something because he knows you are not playing around. give it a try. good luck and please keep us posted .