5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Rim Repair in NY/NJ (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/rim-repair-ny-nj-94816/)

jmart110773 03-03-2010 01:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Long story short, I let my girl drive my car one day and she bent my 166s which were basically brand new (about 2 months old)... So does anybody know any local repair shops they can recommend....Thx

Warning pictures are graphical in nature

v_therussian 03-03-2010 01:39 AM

Ouch, man! Thank God she's ok and she didn't suddenly lose pressure and control of the car. You should explain to her that driving these cars isn't like driving her mom's Honda though - educate her and maybe teach her some active safety/defensive driving techniques, then slowly bring her into the "pothole avoidance 101". Its a process, man - an uphill battle in most cases LOL but its really for her safety too - and for your peace of mind.

As far as the wheel repair, contact member brabusw209amg :thumbsup:

Last suggestion: you may wanna consider painting or powdercoating the inner barrels black (or some other color) - search through the forums, I've seen people have done this and it looks AMAZING :thumbsup:

Good luck!

sdg1871 03-03-2010 03:52 AM

Wheel Fix It in Freeport, Long Island has done a great job in fixing/reburbishing my wheels.

Don't blame your girl. Blame the atrocious condition of the roads. Members here in the NYC area are getting bent wheels and b?own tires in very high numbers right now.

v_therussian 03-03-2010 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by sdg1871 (Post 1121855)
Wheel Fix It in Freeport, Long Island has done a great job in fixing/reburbishing my wheels.

Don't blame your girl. Blame the atrocious condition of the roads. Members here in the NYC area are getting bent wheels and b?own tires in very high numbers right now.

I thought that George's business got bought out by someone? But yes, if its still around, I can attest to their quality - I've had two wheels repaired there and both times it has been nothing short of perfect :thumbsup:

John@Motorcepts 03-03-2010 09:33 AM

yeah I can fix wheels. That looks painful! Ouch. NY potholes this yearn is crazy!

dr525i 03-03-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by sdg1871 (Post 1121855)

where in freeport is it at?

e60oholic 03-03-2010 04:44 PM

I took my rear 124 to my Local BMW Dealer, and they sent it out to be fixed and they did it for free! The service manager and I are on first name basis lol. My cars way outta warranty too.

They did an awesome job repairing the wheel, should have cost 80 bucks.

sdg1871 03-03-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by dr525i (Post 1122179)
where in freeport is it at?

55 St. Mary's Place

877-4RIMFIX

The contact person is Sean.

sdg1871 03-03-2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by v_therussian (Post 1121856)
I thought that George's business got bought out by someone? But yes, if its still around, I can attest to their quality - I've had two wheels repaired there and both times it has been nothing short of perfect :thumbsup:

Sean at Wheel Fix It told me that George sold his interest in the business at least a year ago. They have refurbished 6 wheels for me and all were done well.

C's Bimmer 03-03-2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by sdg1871 (Post 1122285)
Sean at Wheel Fix It told me that George sold his interest in the business at least a year ago. They have refurbished 6 wheels for me and all were done well.

I believe I introduced most of you guys to George. Anyway, I would not use he or the new owner anymore. I highly recommend Al's Hubcaps in Mineola. The work and craftmanship is far superior. It's not even close and his prices are actually better. I recently had Al rebuild my R10's. Amazing! There's a reason Champion Motorsport and Ferrari of LI have accounts with Al and send their customers to him. He uses the best machines and does amazing work.