Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Recommendation for Dealer and Sales Rep in LA

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I am looking for a recommendation on a dealer and sales rep to order an e90 European Delivery Car for my son. He will be graduating with his Master of Construction Management from USC in May and will be staying in LA. Where in LA, is unknown, but possibly in the Santa Monica area. I will handle the negotiation for the car over the phone from Chicago. I need to deal with someone that I can trust and get a competitive price. Also is it reasonable to look to pay $500 over the BMW wholesale price on a 325 with a few options for a projected YS MSRP of $35,000? Your input would be appreciated.

As an aside, he told us over Thanksgiving dinner that he wasn't coming back to Chicago except to visit. My wife's reaction was to get tearry eyed and try to talk him out of it. When that didn't work, she starts yelling at me and blaming me for this. She said that I should have encouraged him to go to Purdue for grad school and then we would not have this problem. What problem? My son is happy and wants to live in a city with excellent job opportunities in his field and a wonderful climate. My son, who is 6' 5", said he was staying in LA for the following reasons: girls are taller and more beautiful in LA than in Chicago and the weather.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i(Build 10/04)(SMG)Sport,BlkSapphire,Blk,Anthricite,Logic7,CWP,Comfort Seats,Nav,RearBags,Shades,Sirius,Heated/SplitFoldingRearSeats; '18 540i xDrive, White/Mocha, CWP, DAP, DAP+, Lux. Pkg, Prem. Pkg., Executive Pkg., Luxury Seating Pkg
Model Year: 2005,2018

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Jan 7 2005, 10:20 AM
I am looking for a recommendation on a dealer and sales rep to order an e90 European Delivery Car for my son.? He will be graduating with his Master of Construction Management from USC in May and will be staying in LA.? Where in LA, is unknown, but possibly in the Santa Monica area.? I will handle the negotiation for the car over the phone from Chicago.? I need to deal with someone that I can trust and get a competitive price.? Also is it reasonable to look to pay $500 over the BMW wholesale price on a 325 with a few options for a projected YS MSRP of $35,000?? Your input would be appreciated.?

As an aside, he told us over Thanksgiving dinner that he wasn't coming back to Chicago except to visit.? My wife's reaction was to get tearry eyed and try to talk him out of it.? When that didn't work, she starts yelling at me and blaming me for this.? She said that I should have encouraged him to go to Purdue for grad school and then we would not have this problem.? What problem?? My son is happy and wants to live in a city with excellent job opportunities in his field and a wonderful climate.? My son, who is 6' 5", said he was staying in LA for the following reasons: girls are taller and more beautiful in LA than in Chicago and the weather.??
[snapback]76643[/snapback]
Oh well, I quess you will just have to fly out to L.A. to visit your Son. Just make sure that you fly into San Diego and drive up U.S. 101. You won't want to leave either. You will wish you had your 5er with Summer Tires to make the trip. Just imagine that it is probably at least 55 in S.D. right now. If you are a golfer, take your clubs, and play Torrey Pines.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:21 AM
Members

I got a fair deal on ED from Jerry Bender in the fleet dept at South Bay BMW. It was a straight forward no BS transaction.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

I highly recommend Keith Kenelly the ED at BMW of Santa Barbara.

He gives the BEST deal in SoCal.

Keith Kenelly
BMW Santa Barbara
402 South Hope Ave.
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Phone (805) 682-2000

http://www.sbautogroup.com/en_US/HomePage_1.chtml

If you do use him, let him know you know me. No, I don't get anything out of it but you wil!

cheers,

beewang
Old 01-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

You're such a nice daddy pharding..

Well i guess if you are ordering the new E90, it is hard to get a good deal out of it. Remember it is a brand new model car and the demand for the car is very high. Anyway, many of the members here are from southern california, they will definetely help you referring to a good dealer and salesman.

Oh yah.. and USC is a good college! (hoping to get in there next fall).
Old 01-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Jan 7 2005, 10:57 AM
...Oh yah.. and U$C is a good college! (hoping to get in there next fall).?
Got money??!! If so.... then you are "In"!!

beewang
Old 01-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

[quote name='pharding' date='Jan 7 2005, 07:20 AM']
I am looking for a recommendation on a dealer and sales rep to order an e90 European Delivery Car for my son. He will be graduating with his Master of Construction Management from USC in May and will be staying in LA. Where in LA, is unknown, but possibly in the Santa Monica area. I will handle the negotiation for the car over the phone from Chicago. I need to deal with someone that I can trust and get a competitive price. Also is it reasonable to look to pay $500 over the BMW wholesale price on a 325 with a few options for a projected YS MSRP of $35,000? Your input would be appreciated.

Long Beach BMW, Hank Castillo. I went through Costco auto buying service and that is who they referred me to. The service is free and you can do it on line at: www.costco.com. All you need is a Costco membership number.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Silver Grey premium sound sport pkg auto trans rear sunshade fold down seats park distance control . Did euro delivery in July 2004. This was second ED.

I would also recommend Hank Castillo at Long Beach BMW phone is 562 427-5494. LBBMW is just off the 405 in Long Beach and easy to get to from any where. I have bought a 2003 3 series and a 2004 5 series in last two years from him. I would guess you are looking at 750 to 1000 over dealer cost.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:46 PM
George

would recommend Jerry Reynolds, internet sales at Nick Alexander BMW in los angeles. 1800 800 NICK

I talked to eight different BMW dealerships and the absoloutely best price was from there. Others weren't even willing to match his price.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Recommendation for Dealer and Sales Rep in LA