Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

really annoyed with my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I had my car in for some issues and one of them I had actually found myself while looking under my hood. It was the drive belt seemed off center on one of the middle pulleys. I took it in and the service guy said it was "normal" and the car was a bit older and it was fine. I did not beleive it but he insisted. I asked them to change the drive belt anyway hoping it would fix the problem. So I get a call today saying my car is still there because they had to order 3 new pulleys! I guess they somehow got bent and my guess is this one offset pulley caused the others to bend over time cause the belt was not algined.

My question is what kind of effects could a drive belt issue cause>? am wonderin gif I was losin gpower if more extra power and energy was bein glost with more friction or work of the pulleys not being aligned and straight.

It is sad that these people should find these problems, and even after I pointed it out, they still denied it was a problem-that is ALL they do-fix bmw's. That is just sad!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545OH' post='822638' date='Mar 20 2009, 08:33 PM
So I had my car in for some issues and one of them I had actually found myself while looking under my hood. It was the drive belt seemed off center on one of the middle pulleys. I took it in and the service guy said it was "normal" and the car was a bit older and it was fine. I did not beleive it but he insisted. I asked them to change the drive belt anyway hoping it would fix the problem. So I get a call today saying my car is still there because they had to order 3 new pulleys! I guess they somehow got bent and my guess is this one offset pulley caused the others to bend over time cause the belt was not algined.

My question is what kind of effects could a drive belt issue cause>? am wonderin gif I was losin gpower if more extra power and energy was bein glost with more friction or work of the pulleys not being aligned and straight.

It is sad that these people should find these problems, and even after I pointed it out, they still denied it was a problem-that is ALL they do-fix bmw's. That is just sad!
If i hear the excuse "we were unable to duplicate the problem" one more time im going to walk in and show them the fkin problems. This is really annoying me too. These assholes see my car is getting close to the warranty expiring and want me to pay out the arse!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='822775' date='Mar 20 2009, 11:32 PM
If i hear the excuse "we were unable to duplicate the problem" one more time im going to walk in and show them the fkin problems. This is really annoying me too. These assholes see my car is getting close to the warranty expiring and want me to pay out the arse!
I called my SA to schedule an appt to get my eyebrow lights turned on. No one, not even the service manager knows what an eyebrow LED is. It took the service manager 2 days to research, and he still doesn't understand that all I want is the software upgrade to turn the damn lights on!!! SO DAMN FRUSTRATING. One of these days, I'm gonna be able to connect my car to my home network and download idrive software without any human intervention.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought only in Russia you have to know the owners of the official dealer centers, to get a hustle free work done on your car...
Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Members

Oh god dont get me started on the eyebrow led
when i bought my car they never worked but i didnt even know they were supposed to until i got on here
took it in today (its an 06 with 55k CPO W/ the maintenance pack.

i needed them to change the oil
fix the scraping in my brakes because of those dumb sensors
and turn my lights on the way their supposed to be and have the correct software thats made for the car

well i picked it up and the only thing they did was flush my brake fluid and put 1 qt oil cause i guess thats all it needed
apparently having the correct light or brakes that dont scrape ever time you touch them is not covered even as a CPO with the maintenance pack and all that because it not a safety issue
well of course brakes are supposed to sound like that lol

how can scraping brakes be harmless? im sure when the rotors warped from it 6 months down the road thell tell me its my fault...fucking assholes

they told be 500 bucks to do the software update cause it three hours worth
so i have a car with shitty brakes half working headlights thats missing three hours worth of programing thats im sure takes more problems then led eyebrows

beyond pissed