Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Putting my order in this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

Hey guys, I'm new here. Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm going to be a regular here once i get my car. I'm putting my deposit in for a my2005 545i 6 speed w/ SMG, Jet black/auburn leather, nav, HUD, premium sound, PDC, and satellite radio prep. The dealer is going to change the specs on a 545 they already have on order so hopefully, i'll get it by october.
Does anyone know if i can order the car with the european headlights, the ones without the orange reflector? Changing it after i get the car would cost a lot since i would pretty much have to replace the whole headlight. Also, any definitive word on bluetooth installation from the dealers?
I'm already in the process of buying parts my car even before I order it but i find that there isn't that much stuff out for the e60 yet. I'm liking the AC Schnitzer front lip but i don't know about the rear. I want to get 19" rims but can't decide on which ones to get - they have to have a deep lip though. Trying to decide on an exhaust too. Has anyone added any aftermarket parts yet? I'm interested in seeing or hearing about your mods.

David
Old 08-13-2004, 09:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Welcome David and congrats on the car. And no need to wait until you get it to start hanging out here. As for the euro headlights without the orange, no go. The only way around it is to order the entire headlight unit at $1,000+ USD per side, and install post delivery.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:32 AM
JDN
Contributors

Welcome, David. October is a great month to get a new car. Well, I guess most any month is.

That white light thing has always interested me. I still remember the sixties when the Europeans came out with the amber lights. Everybody wanted amber. Now we got it, lots of folks want to revert. What goes around, comes around.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Contributors

Good call going with SMG. You cannot swap out the orange reflector by the factory.
the only modding I did was add 12 mm spacers on the aft wheels
Old 08-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

Pretty much most of the major tuners have body kits out..

Hamann, ACS, Hartge, Breyton.. just off the top of my head...

Exhausts.... I don't believe any of them have a definative date out on a mass-produced one yet....... I know for a fact that Hamann is currently developing a quad one based on some custom one WheelPower is doing for a customer..and as of last month's Roundel, ACS is still only offering tips........

And for your rims.. you may wanna reconsider and look into 20's.. i've seen 5'ers with 20's and they still look small...

Deep dish.... there's always HRE reverse lips.... but it's gonna cost you around $6-9G's.... and dont forget about the tires add up if you dont have a sponsor for them.........
Old 08-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard!

Old 08-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Contributors

There are exhausts from triflow and eisenmann among others that are currently available.

What rims are you considering? HREs are too pricey for me, but I may splurge for Iforged or DPEs in the future.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

Man, I'm pretty excited about my new car. I find myself surfing the web everday looking for any parts for the e60. I want rims but i probably only want to shell out 3500 max for 19's maybe 20's. I want nice rims but i don't want to sacrifice ride quality. As far as body kits, I think i will go with ACS front lip, sideskirts, and rear spoiler. Thinking about just keeping the stock rear since i don't really like the ACS rear that much. Any lowering kits out yet? Probably want to lower the car just a tad. Man, i cant wait!

David
Old 08-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Contributors

H&R and eibach springs are out, but don't think there are any shocks or coilovers currently avaliable. Could be wrong though.

I like the ACS front spoiler especially after seeing it in person, but a M5 front bumper would blow it away. Maybe get that if your willing to wait and splurge a bit.

About rims, I was thinking about getting the breyton spirits, but they're super heavy.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

since the ACS is an add on.. you could get that for now.. and then switch straight to the m5 front later.. and sell off your bumper entirely with the ACS front attached....... thereby offsetting some of the cost for the new m5 one.. which will prolly get some ACS treatment also.. yay!

i personally think I-forged > DPE... DPE's look kinda like they're not done or something.... but hey..... to each his own.. just get what YOU like... we'll love it regardless...happy Modding

Quick Reply: Putting my order in this weekend