Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Purchased 550 today - OMG!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

Finally made the plunge. For a while I thought I would get the new 3 series. Acutally, I had one on order, but changed my mind. This morning I went to the dealership and purchased a 2006 550i. Specs: TiAg on Black, Anthracite trim, Step, Sports, Cold Weather, Sirius, Premium Sound, Navigation, heated rear seats and rear sun shade. I will pick up the car later this afternoon. When I get a chance I will post pictures. Right now I am a little overwhelmed with the emotion of it all. I know I will not regret this decision as this is one hell of a car and the motor! Does not handle like my erstwhile e46M3, but the torque and the comfort and all of the neat technological upgrades more than compensate for the relative lack of agility. It will take me a month to figure this thing out.

Was pleasantly surprised to find out that I will be getting $1000. due to my car club membership. I didn't steal this car, but I think the deal was fair. I am a very frequent visitor to this dealership and they have treated me very very well. Certainly on an hourly basis this was not their most profitable sale.

I owned an 01 530i. It was my first BMW. Then I ordered an e46 M3 and drove that car for almost 3 years. Neat car! I just couldn't really find a safe and legal way to utilize even a fraction of that car's capabilities. And my wife compared it to riding in a stagecoach, and absolutely refused to every drive it. When the e60 first came out I thought it was ----ing ugly! Amazing how my tastes have changed.

Thanks to the people on this forum for all the education. Hope to learn more and perhaps even contribute a little.

Carl
Old 11-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Automatic, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Hi Carl......Welcome aboard and congratulations.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by darkside' post='203361' date='Nov 25 2005, 05:45 PM
Finally made the plunge. For a while I thought I would get the new 3 series. Acutally, I had one on order, but changed my mind. This morning I went to the dealership and purchased a 2006 550i. Specs: TiAg on Black, Anthracite trim, Step, Sports, Cold Weather, Sirius, Premium Sound, Navigation, heated rear seats and rear sun shade. I will pick up the car later this afternoon. When I get a chance I will post pictures. Right now I am a little overwhelmed with the emotion of it all. I know I will not regret this decision as this is one hell of a car and the motor! Does not handle like my erstwhile e46M3, but the torque and the comfort and all of the neat technological upgrades more than compensate for the relative lack of agility. It will take me a month to figure this thing out.

Was pleasantly surprised to find out that I will be getting $1000. due to my car club membership. I didn't steal this car, but I think the deal was fair. I am a very frequent visitor to this dealership and they have treated me very very well. Certainly on an hourly basis this was not their most profitable sale.

I owned an 01 530i. It was my first BMW. Then I ordered an e46 M3 and drove that car for almost 3 years. Neat car! I just couldn't really find a safe and legal way to utilize even a fraction of that car's capabilities. And my wife compared it to riding in a stagecoach, and absolutely refused to every drive it. When the e60 first came out I thought it was ----ing ugly! Amazing how my tastes have changed.

Thanks to the people on this forum for all the education. Hope to learn more and perhaps even contribute a little.

Carl
Great, and congratulations.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Awesome! Congrats!
Old 11-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Welcome to E60 club. Sounds like logical deduction resulted in the same conclusion we have all reached!!! Post Pics. soon
Old 11-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Hi Carl,
Glad you're here. Having just moved up from an e39 540iS, 6 spd, I think you too will feel the numbness of this car, relative to the tactile feedback to which you are accustomed. I'll be interested in how you adjust; I know I still am, and only now, with 1000 iles and snow tires mounted, am I just starting to feel as though I know where the car is vs. where I want it to be.

Each "improvement" over the years from my first high-performance 5 (87 535iS, 5 spd) has grown less tactile: from that old thigh-master clutch to the accelerator by wire to this steer by wire. I used to think they were doing it for the female market, but it's way beyond that now. At times, I still wonder why I bought this, but then, there's everything else. No comparison.

keep us posted,
Ray Hull
Old 11-25-2005, 05:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

TiAg...i like that....
Old 11-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Congratulations on your *wise* decision!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:07 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Congrats!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Nice choice. I upgraded to my 545i from an E46, and I also thought the E60 was ugly as sin when it first came out. I distinctly remember vowing to buy an E-class.

I just drove my 545i from Central California to the coast through some windy mountain road passes, and it was simply unbelievable. I was flying up steep grades that had other cars creeping at 40 MPH, and the turns, well lets just say my passenger was getting carsick.

Quick Reply: Purchased 550 today - OMG!