Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Purchase 535i - Georgia BMW dealers (US)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i ALS, Nav, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Logic 7

Tuesday afternoon (7/3) I sent out an email to 7 BMW dealers who had identified "internet sales" people on their web sites in the greater Atlanta, GA area. Included in the email was the list of options and both MSRP and Wholesale prices. (Many many thanks to the E60 Forum for having that info available). I indicated a desire to purchase the vehicle after September 17, 2007. It would be a cash deal with no trade in. I would take delivery at the BMW Performance Center in Greenville, SC. I offered $1,336 over the wholesale price.

One dealer, Athens BMW (Rick) accepted my offer as is. With a doc charge of $299 additional. All the other responses were higher or positioned with qualifers that would lead one to believe my offer price wasn't going to be met. I had planned to send the email out to more dealers if I couldn't get my price, but didn't have to.

I do know that I might have paid too much for the doc fee, but others were quoting $400 and some were talking about a "training" fee of $180.

Bottom line, I feel good about the deal, good about the phone conversation and email followup with Rick at Athens BMW. The car has been ordered for week 35 and delivery will take place early October, 07.

Ted
Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

How close is the Athens BMW dealership to where you live? Sometimes it might be better to go with your local dealership and pay a little extra for good service and a loaner. Most dealerships are reluctant to provide you a loaner if you did not purchase the car from them.
Other than that, congrats on the new vehicle
Old 07-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i ALS, Nav, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Logic 7

Originally Posted by Wiu-Bimmer' post='443768' date='Jul 5 2007, 03:28 PM
How close is the Athens BMW dealership to where you live? Sometimes it might be better to go with your local dealership and pay a little extra for good service and a loaner. Most dealerships are reluctant to provide you a loaner if you did not purchase the car from them.
Other than that, congrats on the new vehicle
Athens is about 75 miles so I don't have any intention to take it there for service. There are 4 BMW dealers in the immediate Atlanta area that are close. I plan to visit the 3 closest ones and look over their service department and talk to their SAs. It would indeed be a shame if I can't get a loner under the appropriate circumstances just because I bought the car somewhere else. I'll report that experience when the time comes. Thanks for the heads up.