Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

PUMA Case

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Carbon Black with Black Nasca Leather Sport Auto Transmission Active Steering Comfort Access Bamboo Anthracite wood trim Power Rear Sunshades Ventilated Seats Ipod adapter Nav Sat Premium Sound

Dropped my car at Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA on Tuesday for an oil change, brakes, door seals, and passenger airbag. The last time I had service was at my dealership Bob Smith BMW (where I purchased car) I needed a new alternator last time and Bob Smith ordered me one but I never went back. I figured Pacific BMW would replace my alternator. My service advisor calls me today and tells me that they need to contact BMWNA and open a PUMA case. For an alternator??? I guess I should go back to Bob Smith, but I'm tired of having my car in for service. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 06-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by sam530' date='Jun 1 2005, 08:52 PM
Dropped my car at Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA on Tuesday for an oil change, brakes, door seals, and passenger airbag.? The last time I had service was at my dealership Bob Smith BMW (where I purchased car) I needed a new alternator last time and Bob Smith ordered me one but I never went back. I figured Pacific BMW would replace my alternator. My service advisor calls me today and tells me that they need to contact BMWNA and open a PUMA case. For an alternator??? I guess I should go back to Bob Smith, but I'm tired of having my car in for service.? Has anyone else experienced this?
[snapback]135351[/snapback]
All I can say is that if your know the right people at Bob Smith BMW you can get anything done. They have argueably the best service in the Los Angeles area. if you buy from them, which you and I did, you get a loaner BMW and I have always had excellent service from both the SA (not always knowledgeable) and the shop foreman. New tires, cupholders Bluetooth, 3 CIP updates etc. My last 12K service had:
1. CIP 16.1 update to persepective NAV etc
2. replaced all 4 tires
3. Cupholders fixed
4. Clean and Lube door seals
5. Scope and Oil change
6. New Wiper blades
7. Washer Fluid

Total Cost $ 0.00

I have also had rear reflectors and Wood Trim installed at no labor cost. Replaced windshield A pillar molding while fixing Windshield noise at no charge. Paid one hour of labor for the first BT retrofit in So. Cal.

Stick with BOB Smith
Old 06-02-2005, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jun 1 2005, 11:40 PM
[quote name='sam530' date='Jun 1 2005, 08:52 PM']Dropped my car at Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA on Tuesday for an oil change, brakes, door seals, and passenger airbag.? The last time I had service was at my dealership Bob Smith BMW (where I purchased car) I needed a new alternator last time and Bob Smith ordered me one but I never went back. I figured Pacific BMW would replace my alternator. My service advisor calls me today and tells me that they need to contact BMWNA and open a PUMA case. For an alternator??? I guess I should go back to Bob Smith, but I'm tired of having my car in for service.? Has anyone else experienced this?
[snapback]135351[/snapback]
All I can say is that if your know the right people at Bob Smith BMW you can get anything done. They have argueably the best service in the Los Angeles area. if you buy from them, which you and I did, you get a loaner BMW and I have always had excellent service from both the SA (not always knowledgeable) and the shop foreman. New tires, cupholders Bluetooth, 3 CIP updates etc. My last 12K service had:
1. CIP 16.1 update to persepective NAV etc
2. replaced all 4 tires
3. Cupholders fixed
4. Clean and Lube door seals
5. Scope and Oil change
6. New Wiper blades
7. Washer Fluid

Total Cost $ 0.00

I have also had rear reflectors and Wood Trim installed at no labor cost. Replaced windshield A pillar molding while fixing Windshield noise at no charge. Paid one hour of labor for the first BT retrofit in So. Cal.

Stick with BOB Smith
[snapback]135360[/snapback]
[/quote]
Its great to have a dealer that you are completely satisfied with.Thats how I feel about JMK BMW in Springfield,N.J. Put your dealer experiences good or bad on www.dealerrater.com so everyone can benefit from them.
cheers
vern