Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Problems Encountered

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty' date='Nov 17 2003, 09:06 AM
......While I'm at it, if anyone has found a way to use the indicators to overtake or pull on or aff at a slip road without occasionally looking like a complete idiot, indicating first one way then the other, then back again etc etc. as you try to cancel them , I would be glad to know the secret.
You can turn the "triple flash" feature off in the vehicle settings menu of the i-drive, it took me a couple of weeks to get used to this feature but once it becomes second nature it is fine.
Old 11-19-2003, 08:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SPEUK' date='Nov 18 2003, 02:34 PM
[quote name='scotty' date='Nov 17 2003, 09:06 AM']......While I'm at it, if anyone has found a way to use the indicators to overtake or pull on or aff at a slip road without occasionally looking like a complete idiot, indicating first one way then the other, then back again etc etc. as you try to cancel them , I would be glad to know the secret.
You can turn the "triple flash" feature off in the vehicle settings menu of the i-drive, it took me a couple of weeks to get used to this feature but once it becomes second nature it is fine. [/quote]
Thanks, SPEUK. I tried this myself after I posted, and concluded that this was the best way to set up the indicators. The triple flash isn't that useful, anyway.
Old 11-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Members

I have had my 545 two days and also have gotten the error message regarding a problem with the seatbelts and airbag. I also had a problem with the hood not being completely latched. Closing the hood completely requires you to use some effort as the hood is released and dropped onto the body. If you let it drop of it's own weight as initially suggested to me by bmw service it will not latch completely.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:53 AM
sego

I got the software upgrade yesterday, it took one hour more or less, the problem (message of airbags and seatbelts mulfunction) has been solved , the idrive hasn't changed, I think, maybe it appears faster when I start the engine.
Old 11-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Chet

My iDrive went off...All my intrument needles went nuts...wiper won't stop...so I had to drive it to the dealer again. Fortunately, the computer(and its software) that controls the engine did not fail. They told me it's a 'bus' problem. The replacement part is VIN specific (matches your vehicle idnetification number) so I had to wait a few days. This is really anoying.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SPEUK' date='Oct 25 2003, 07:31 AM
530d Auto box has rough change from 2nd to 1st. This is only noticeable as you bring vehicle to a standstill and auto box changes down to 1st gear, there is a slight snatch as change down takes place which is irritating when in traffic driving in and out of London each day.

Good news though BMW GB recognise this problem and are working on software upgrade for gearbox coding, they hope to have this avialble by December?
Have same car (Auto 530d active steer. and dynamic drive) with similar 2nd->1st probs on auto box whilst driving around London.

The cruise control came up with an error so BMW dealer immediately gave us a brand new 323 auto coupe. They upgraded the software on iDrive and the DDE (??? - Diesel Engine something or other???).

Got the car back and the slight lurch as it changes down has now gone. Dealers provided excellent service - which is what we all want!!!

Btw, we all hated driving the 323 since :
1. It cost more to fill up with petrol
2. wallowed through corners - (my wife's exact words!)
3. steering was too "heavy".

Glad to have the E60 back
Old 11-24-2003, 04:20 AM
Members

Thanks for the update Bazza, I will chase my dealer to get software upgrade to DDE installed.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SPEUK' date='Nov 24 2003, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the update Bazza, I will chase my dealer to get software upgrade to DDE installed.
SPEUK: No probs. I'm only presuming the DDE(???) s/w upgrade fixed the auto downchange lurch. For all I know it may just be a fluke. If you are going to speak to your dealer then maybe you could confirm this solution???
Old 11-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Members

Farbton - the active steering problem that you described also happened to several other people. Was your dealer able to fix the active steering problem? What was solution to fix the intermittent failure on active steering.

I am very concerned, because an unexpected behavior in steering is a big safety issue. I am seriously thinking about not ordering the sport package to avoid the active steering, if the problem is not 100% resolved. Can't imagine rebooting my car on the side of road to reset the steering.

Regards,
James
Old 11-29-2003, 10:22 AM
buddy carter

I have a black on black 530i six speed with zenons and premium package.

1. passenger air bag and restraint system malufunction. (changed control module, so they say)
2. Idrive screen completely blank redering the controls usless ( could not remember the position of the options)
3. Sunroof does not close with the key off as the windows do
4. radio cd player gets static in it after a while and cd player starts at the beginning if car is shut off for a period of time.
5. Also has anyome noticed the lack of heat put out thru the vents on this car you can get plenty from the floor but not the vents in the dash i have tried all the settings to no avail i just leave it on auto. The dealer has had the car for 4days to fix the idrive but it worked when they had it, loaner was a 2003 525ia i hated it let my wife drive it while i drove my moded 1990 525ia which is my baby. They said they reprogrmed some software but i have noticed that the radio still statics and the roof does not close when key is off will take it back soon to get the bugs worked out but the car is otherwise a beauty and abeast.

04 black/black 530i
xeons
premium package
6 speed

90 cosmos/saddle 525ia (painted of course)
hannerhaus blalanced and bluprinted 200+hp
bav auto springs
bilstiens hd shocks
bav auto ultimite rotors front and rear
green stuff pads
dinnan chip
k&n filter
saleen injectors
bav auto 8 mill wires
BBS rk's 16 rims
dunlop f series tires
braided lines