Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Post Sales....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomv' post='335059' date='Sep 16 2006, 09:49 AM
Interesting post, I'm also in sales and I think about this kind of stuff too. I have owned my 530 for one month and it's my first BMW. Only other "near" luxury ownership experience was Acura. In my first month of BMW ownership, they have reaced out to "touch" me four times. Everything at this point is just about as I expected for a car of this caliber.

The first contact was from the CA about one week after my purchase inviting me to come by the dealership so we could show me more on setting up IDrive, climate settings, my wifes cell phone in bluetooth etc. He has always called me back within a few hours with the few follow up questions I had on the car. Terrific CA.

The second touch was a letter from the GM of the dealership stating that he appreciated my business and he hoped I could grade them a 5 in all catagories when I get the call from the company that does the BMW purchase satisfaction survery. He wanted me to contact him if I had any issues at all.

The third touch was the call from the survey company asking several questions about the purchase experience and again thanking me for the BMW purchase. Graded 5 on all catagories, they deserved it.

The fourth touch was the BMW invoice for the first lease payment......... ... thankfully I can write some of this off.

As Rudy posted, several of my friends recommended joining BMWCCA to stay closer to the brand, so I did that. I received the ownership packet but not the first Roundel yet. We'll see what the future holds, but based on your post, sounds like not much happens after the initial purchase period.
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.