Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Policy on getting the v25 software update

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

I've got a new 2007 530i (US) with v23 software. I'm hearing different stories from everyone about getting the upgrade to the new v25 software. Can one of the dealers explain under what circumstances a customer can get it, and how long it actually takes to perform the upgrade?

Thanks,
Robert Ades
Old 04-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

So the V25 just came out and according to my service manager he wouldn't advise upgrading unless there's something wrong with your car. In fact I don't think you can really get it updated unless your current version is faulty. The new software is still very new and it may still have a few kinks to be worked out. I also asked him about getting my car updated and he says the install time is usually within a few hours, sometime it can days a few days.

Dan
Old 04-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by Torquey5' post='415400' date='Apr 18 2007, 06:52 PM
So the V25 just came out and according to my service manager he wouldn't advise upgrading unless there's something wrong with your car. In fact I don't think you can really get it updated unless your current version is faulty. The new software is still very new and it may still have a few kinks to be worked out. I also asked him about getting my car updated and he says the install time is usually within a few hours, sometime it can days a few days.

Dan
Dan - I agree that BMW Centers won't update unless there's some problem with an individual car...not that you have to demonstrate the problem, but have to have the problem and make a "customer complaint." I had the CD-keeps-running issue, and that was enough to get the update. The change to Progman 25 fixed the CD issue, and so far(five days) I haven't found that it has created any other issues. Some things in the I-Drive menu structure are different, and there have been many pix of the change here. It is a fine thing that the I-Drive responds more quickly, and that the last screen reappears when the vehicle is fired up again. More evolutionary, than revolutionary methinks.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Originally Posted by ExGMan' post='415421' date='Apr 18 2007, 06:49 PM
Dan - I agree that BMW Centers won't update unless there's some problem with an individual car...not that you have to demonstrate the problem, but have to have the problem and make a "customer complaint." I had the CD-keeps-running issue, and that was enough to get the update. The change to Progman 25 fixed the CD issue, and so far(five days) I haven't found that it has created any other issues. Some things in the I-Drive menu structure are different, and there have been many pix of the change here. It is a fine thing that the I-Drive responds more quickly, and that the last screen reappears when the vehicle is fired up again. More evolutionary, than revolutionary methinks.

Yeah there are a couple of things that I wanted with the new upgrade, mainly in the nav screen where it allows you to search by location name instead of spending to much time inputting the address every time, especially if you're in a new area you don't know the address. The color change is nice I suppose, as long as it's faster and doesn't freeze up I'm happy.

Go try asking your SA if you can update it, push for it and tell them you're unhappy with all the minor issues that you've been having with the current version.

Dan
Old 04-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Contributors

I represented my "problems" to the dealer with the exact wording from the SIB (thank you Cobradav):

"The following software errors were corrected with the release of Progman 25.00.00 (Target data Status E060-07-03-510).

Engine pinging and cold idle fluctuation complaints. A jolt may be felt under braking. Only N62TU."

I was told after the software update that it takes 6-8 hours to download it.