Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Pics of The Beast

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great. Excellent color combo inside and out.

The row of zeroes looks really cool. The next set of numbers that matter are 001200.

Any more thoughts on how your 550 performs?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Very nice--congrats!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Sa.......weet!!!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

great looking car & awesome combination! is that Ti. Silver or Silver grey? i always mix the two of em up because Silver grey is so awesome you can sometimes mistake it for Ti. Silver
Old 11-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Members

Thanks, everybody, for the congratulations. I'm enjoying the ride!

Originally Posted by hoopsrob' post='198087' date='Nov 14 2005, 12:05 PM
Tachyon, for further thoughts:

- The ride is PLANTED. I owned a couple of BMWs previously (the last was an E39 with sport package), but the suspension on this vehicle is a marvelous blend of taughtness and suppleness. You will get a very occassional jolt, but only if you are driving on roads that will jolt a luxo-barge. If you've ever run a pattern in american football, the car feels like you do just before you "juke" your opponent. It can go either hard left or hard right on a dime, but it is always composed. I couldn't be happier with this aspect of the vehicle.

- I find myself taking exit ramps and clover-leaves for no other purpose than enjoying the flat, "on-rails" feeling you get when rounding a corner in this vehicle. The cornering stabilization is awesome.

- The Sport seats are a notch down from the seats in my previous car (MB E-class). They are very supportive, but they are also, well... very supportive. I will take the ride in trade for these seats, but I am now wishing I had antied-up for the Comfort seats. I also hope that the seats will conform to my shape a little more as they break in.

All the best,

Mike

Simple1 -

It is Ti Silver. I agree that Silver Grey is awesome. Given the chance to do it all over again, I'd purchase the Silver Grey paint and Comfort Seats.

Oh, well. Maybe next time... and then I should get the ventilated seats too!!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Ordered 550i ED on 9/24/05. Titanium silver, priority one seating (black), steptronic, sports package, premium sound system, active steering, comfort access, power rear sunshades, navigation, head up display, rear door air bag

Congratulations -- great color in and out. I am exactly 4 weeks away from day one of my ED driving. The sense of expectation is mind-numbing especially with all the great comments from the current group of 550 owners. I too am getting the titanium silver exterior, but with the black leather inside. Could not skimp on the seats though -- comfort, ventilated seat installed. Look out autobahn. Duckman is coming.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Members

Flippin' sweet!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

Sweet Dude!!! I can't wait. I got the same interior with silver grey. Is the headliner anthracite or grey?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Man each time I see that interior's color combo...i scratch my head. Which i could turn back time to select that interior combo.

Nice interior color combo.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

thank for the quick reply bck2bmw, indirectly you have somehow cemented the fact I will not go with this combination. it was a combination I swore by but now you have helped me narrow down to 3 choices. Ti. Silver with biege or Silver grey with auburn & carbon black with auburn. But awesome combination though I sure you're going to be out driving.

Quick Reply: Pics of The Beast