Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Picked up my 550i 6-speed MT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats your car is a looker

I also want my next BMW to be deliverd by Concord BMW, CA and Ivette.

But how do I ship it back to Europe
Old 11-17-2005, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport, carbon black, media pack, visibility pack, grey leather, heated seats, sun protection glass, voice control, Eibach ProKit, 19" 166 style wheels, e-maps ECU remap to 325hp and 640NM, top speed limiter removed

Gotta say, your US dealerships seem to know how to hand over a quality car.

Congrats on the purchase.

Olli
Old 11-17-2005, 04:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Originally Posted by mppockaj' post='199374' date='Nov 17 2005, 08:13 AM
Congrats, grat car and beautiful pics. What happened to the blond, we want to see her too.
Ditto! Enjoy the ride
Old 11-17-2005, 05:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Roleez' post='199354' date='Nov 17 2005, 12:54 AM
Tachyon and Co.:

After waiting 3 months to make a dream a reality, I finally came face to face with my 6-speed MT 550i! The delivery experience at Concord BMW was out of this world! My car was under several spotlights in the showroom and what caught my eye first was how gorgeous the M-Aero Kit looks in person vs. in pictures. I swear I must have had a deer-in-the-headlights reaction for a good minute before snapping out of it! I stared at the front even longer after turning on the parking lights and flipping on the fog lamps. The car just looks so sinister! I love it!

My salesman, Mark Hugret greeted me as I walked in and when I asked to take my car out for a test run before doing paperwork, next thing I know, out walks this gorgeous 20-year old blonde bombshell named Ivette to show me all the features of the car!! She walked me thru all the features and functions of iDrive, and the best part was actually taking her out as my first passenger on a 20 min. ride! What a treat it is to still be single, haha. She set up my Bluetooth to sync with my Treo, showed me how easy iDrive is to operate, a demo of some voice commands, maintenance, you name it... the girl knows it! WOW!

But first impressions of the drive... WOW!!! Torque torque... TORQUE!!! An unbelievable, neverending surge of pure power pushing your back into the seat!!! I wasn't accelerating hard, but when you have 360 lb-ft of torque running thru a manual transmission with no "damping" from a torque converter, the car just literally catapults you from a standstill like a roller coaster in its first few seconds of acceleration! I was amazed by how responsive the throttle is in 6th at freeway speeds. The car doesn't slowly build power when you're at half throttle, it THRUSTS forward with authority! The gearbox is very fluid and linear. The only thing that bugged a bit (and I've seen this in MT E39s and E46s) was seeing/feeling the shifter knob vibrate just a tad when idling. The throws felt a bit long compared to what I'm accustomed to in my previous Acura CL Type-S. But it's nothing I can't learn to love.

I must say that despite the EPA's 15/23 mileage rating, I was averaging 24-26 mpg on the freeway while varying my speed for break-in. City driving isn't as bad, either. I averaged 16-18 mpg. I guess that's b/c I haven't driven the car lead-footed yet!! But after driving the car for a little over a day, I think the GGT is baloney.

Overall, this is one SERIOUS machine! Killer looks, killer engine, and a shift-it-yourself transmission. Now that's a perfect driver's car.

Visit the gallery for pics!
Great. Nice to hear kid in a candy store thoughts. Fun day no doubt. Congrats. Pics are nice. The last two are excellent. Yes, very sinister. My Z06 looked at them and acted scared.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Thanks for the replies everyone! I would've taken a picture of Ivette but she had already left for the day after showing me the car. (The pics I took were a last-minute thing before going home). So far, no huge complaints... except for a tiny one: I think the power steering assist is a bit too overboosted for my taste. Reminds me of my grandmothers old 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88 where you could turn left/right with one finger. Regardless, the steering response this car communicates is beyond words! Love the ARS!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Beautiful--congrats!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 AM
HHP
Members

My Ride: 06 550 SMG |Comfort seats | sport, premium sound and cold weather packages | active steer | Navigation |comfort access | rear seat heat | rear seat fold down| sirius|

Sweet, a 550 with a blonde! What service!
post pics so we can see her
(the car and or the blonde)
Old 11-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey 550i (est delivery 12/06) Auburn / Poplar Interior / Anthracite headliner M body aero kit/ sport/ sound/ comfort access/ comfort seats/ sunshade/ sat radio

Sweet! Which clear bra did you go with?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Cool

Nice! Where are the pics of Ivette?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Contributors

WOW. Looks fantastic. Congrats Roleez.

Great pick-up story (the car ... the girl?).

T Grey looks amazing under the lights at night. Interior is a great combination with T Grey too.

Thanks for sharing your initial impressions. The power is big fun. And wait until you can turn it loose post break-in ... I keep scaring myself with all that torque. The engine has such a nice howl at 4,500 rpm +. I'm jealous of your manual.

Enjoy. Be safe.

Quick Reply: Picked up my 550i 6-speed MT!