Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Performance Center Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,
I just ordered a platinum gray 535I with beige leather interior to replace my '97 328IC. I got the sports package/premium package/navigation/Logic 7/Ipod/heated seats and rear shades and am pretty excited for a early November delivery. I found out about the performance center delivery option on line and am currently trying to work out a delivery date for that. Luckily, I already live in SC, so it is pretty convenient. I was wondering if anyone had taken delivery there before and what your impressions were. Thanks in advance for any advice for the new guy.

Andy
Old 08-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

Hi and welcome.

PC delivery is a great option.

You will enjoy it - it's almost as good as European Delivery but you don't even have to leave your home state in your case.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I did a Performance Center Delivery back in April of 2004. It was great. I would have done it again this time around but I didn't want to wait the extra couple of weeks to get my car since I already waited from April (lease end) to July so I could get the sport automatic transmission.

It's not much to look at but here's some photos of my delivery from the gallery:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?automodule...um&album=14

Also, you might want to read the following thread to get some more feedback:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=12328
Old 08-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and congrats on your order. enjoy the forums.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Performance Pkg, 6 speed manual transmission On-Order: 2007 BMW 530i, Titanium Gray, Black Leather, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, 6 speed manual transmission, Nav, HUD, PDC, L7, Sirius, Rear Heated Seats

I took delivery of my 07 530i at the PC in March. I drove 800 miles roundtrip and it was worth it. I had so much fun on the track that I went back for the 1 day driver school 2 weeks ago.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i ALS, Nav, Cold Weather package, Premium package, Logic 7

My wife and I took a performance center delivery (Sept. 24" 07). A really good experience - 1st class.

We drove a rental car from Atlanta to the Greensboro airport (GSP), call the hotel and was picked up by a White BMW touring car. The hotel (Marriott) was clean, professional. BMW took care of dinner and breakfast. The dinner was excellent and plenty of choices to choose from.

We got to the performance center by 8am. By 8:30 we were on the track driving a car similar to the one we were picking up. I had thought my wife would be left out to spend the time I was on the track by herself - that was not to be. She came right along with me. As did the other couples picking up cars. Everybody got equal time behind the wheel.

The driving was designed to show you how well the car handles and to experience emergency braking as well as the DSC system. It is truly amazing that the car will not spin out on the skid pad with the DSC system on.

By 10:30 we were finished on the track and spent about 1 1/2 hours in our new car going over all the buttons & electronics. I had studied the manual and the product person was able to answer all my questions that arose from the manual.

Lunch was next - nice choices, ate outside and then all of us got to experience 500hp in a M5 on the track. We didn't get to drive - just ride, but that was truly awesome!

Next, each of us was given an X5 to drive over the "off road" course - just for fun. Then it was off to the BMS museum and good by.

We left in our new car about 3pm.

Both of us were very impressed. As an aside we did get to learn about and then experience some of the many reasons a BMW is a "driver's" car. This was well worthwhile.