Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Pass. Restraint Malf./ Euro non-adapt. headlights/ Car now unprogramma

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i 6speed

I won't bore you all with a long, drawn out, chronological explanation as to what has transpired thus far so I'll try to keep it short and sweet, but I'm pissed and I have a lot to say. About 9 months ago i had a Pass. Restraint Malf. warning. The dealer told me it was a recall type issue and they replaced a sensor in the passenger seat. They returned my car, I paid nothing and I was on my way. Didn't hear of it since.

3-4 months later I installed my Non-Adaptive Euro headlights to my 545i which was equipped with adaptive headlights. It was a straight swap and no need for any messing with the internals or with my adaptive headlights as both sets were complete. Well, they worked very well and all I noticed was a little green light flashing on my LCM. I figured, it's just the LCM not recognizing the non-adaptive headlights. The light only flashed when the headlights were turned on anyway so it wasn't too much of a concern. No biggie, I can live with it.

I recently took my car (545i/6MT) to the dealership because about a week ago i had a Pass. Restraint Malfunction warning come on. All of a sudden a womans voice is speaking through my speakers and asks if I'm alright because she was alerted that I was in an accident and my airbags deployed. Needless to say it was BMW Assist and my airbags never did deploy. I informed her I was currently on my way to the dealership to have it checked out yada-yada-yada.

Now the dealer says that they are trying to update the software to remove the pass. restraint malf. and they are saying the problem lies with a module for the headlights and the car is not recognizing the software update. I asked him how the malfunction happened twice and he said that "maybe they missed something last time when they replaced the sensor in the seat". Nonetheless, it sounds like they are trying to get out of fixing a recurring problem. Any advice and assistance is very much appreciated!

BK
Old 01-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Contributors

yeah that sounds retarded, its an obvious flaw with the SRS setup and it needs a reflash, try another dealer honestly if they cant get it to work
Old 01-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i 6speed

^^^ Thanks E.! That sounded pretty ridiculous but didn't want to bash then until I got a little feedback from my fellow forum members.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: AC Schnitzer Mystic Blue 545i, RDSport quad exhaust, H&R sway bars, 19in staggered Hartge Classic wheels w/ Toyo T1-R, RPI scoop. BMC filter

Originally Posted by BK 6-Speed' post='1084998' date='Jan 6 2010, 12:18 AM
I won't bore you all with a long, drawn out, chronological explanation as to what has transpired thus far so I'll try to keep it short and sweet, but I'm pissed and I have a lot to say. About 9 months ago i had a Pass. Restraint Malf. warning. The dealer told me it was a recall type issue and they replaced a sensor in the passenger seat. They returned my car, I paid nothing and I was on my way. Didn't hear of it since.

3-4 months later I installed my Non-Adaptive Euro headlights to my 545i which was equipped with adaptive headlights. It was a straight swap and no need for any messing with the internals or with my adaptive headlights as both sets were complete. Well, they worked very well and all I noticed was a little green light flashing on my LCM. I figured, it's just the LCM not recognizing the non-adaptive headlights. The light only flashed when the headlights were turned on anyway so it wasn't too much of a concern. No biggie, I can live with it.

I recently took my car (545i/6MT) to the dealership because about a week ago i had a Pass. Restraint Malfunction warning come on. All of a sudden a womans voice is speaking through my speakers and asks if I'm alright because she was alerted that I was in an accident and my airbags deployed. Needless to say it was BMW Assist and my airbags never did deploy. I informed her I was currently on my way to the dealership to have it checked out yada-yada-yada.

Now the dealer says that they are trying to update the software to remove the pass. restraint malf. and they are saying the problem lies with a module for the headlights and the car is not recognizing the software update. I asked him how the malfunction happened twice and he said that "maybe they missed something last time when they replaced the sensor in the seat". Nonetheless, it sounds like they are trying to get out of fixing a recurring problem. Any advice and assistance is very much appreciated!

BK
I am also planning to install the non-adapive Euro headlights from Umnitza to my 545i as the driver's side failed. Where did you purchase the Euro headlights and did these come with D1S bulbs? As you probably already know, pre sept 2005 E60s were fitted with the D2S bulbs.