Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ordering an E60 with different OEM Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 05:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's mine:
Attached Thumbnails Ordering an E60 with different OEM Wheels?-dsc00336.jpg  
Old 02-08-2004, 05:10 AM
Members

mlist84:

not sure about the rear seat to access the suspension, i'm quite sure that the rear shock towers are accessible through the trunk behind the rear quarte panels - although i could be wrong.

i posted some pictures in the discussion Hartge Wheels some time ago, same board.

good luck
Old 02-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Members

The car looks awesome with 19" rims, i have a black shappire 530 with 19" SSR's in the black finish, i get stares from everyone being the new body and the rims.....i got the car in December, and being from NYC iv been very careful to avoid potholes and ruining them......last night at 3 am i didnt see one, and it took out my front rim and tire, and my rear rim and tire. Disaster, now i have no car for a few weeks until i can see if it can be fixed, if not replaced.......just be careful guys....
Old 02-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Members

sorry to hear that, it does require some kind of care. i just now take my time when driving around the city. after spending so much on the wheel and tire package you just have to be more cautious.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Contributors

thanks for the pic gonzo. great car... !!

btw..did you change your suspension? or..you just use your original sport suspension..?
Old 02-08-2004, 04:23 PM
Members

thanks, didn't change the suspension, it came with the sports package, supposedly 0.6 inch lower from standard, with the car running, the wheel well is filled just right.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

JIMM,

Sorry to hear about the wheels. When I had my Hartges on my 318 a few years ago, in the span of a week, I ruined two on the same pothole. It was my fault because I put them back on too early. I heard somewhere that you can get the city to pay for them, but I highly doubt that.

Do be careful out there. Do you have any pictures of your car with the SSRs. I was interested in these wheels, but I haven't seen them on any E60s yet. By the way, my Hartges were chrome, and I will never do that again. First, they take away from the class of the car and they cannot be repaired as easily. I was told I could ship them to Cali and have them fixed, but, had they not been chromed, I could have had them fixed at a local shop for just 25-60 per wheel, depending on the damage.

Please post pics, good luck to all in avoiding potholes.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Senior Members

Gonzo, I was not talking on lowering the suspension. I was talking to push the rear wheels just a bit more to the outside. I tried my friends 10mm spacers and are just right. It brings the wheel a bit omre out just I the way I like them. Now those spacer had the center ring to big for my car so I will call H&R tomorrow to see if they have those spacers avaialble for my car. The current setup looks good but I'm a bit picky, I guess.

Bryan1225, here is a shot of my 330 with Hartge. the setup is:
245-35-19 with 19x8.5 front and 15offset
275-30-19 with 19x9.5 rear and 22 offset

Old 02-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Members

The bad news is i rode the subway to work and stood the whole way,.... the good news is my wheels are going to fixed out somewhere in NJ for about 425 each and i should have my car back before friday, iv been careful with potholes but this one slipped by me, especially with all the snow we have had they are starting to pop up again. Once I get it back i'll post pictures, the truth is the car looks hot so i'll shoot some pics maybe over the weekend.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Robert

Jimm, in the first 3 months of driving my 2001 525i w/sports pkg in CA, I hit a pothole on a major Ave/hwy, Hwy 1 to be exact, blew the tire and bent the rim. I quickly took pics of the unprotected/unmarked pothole with reference to the street signs. I called the state admin and received an application for reimbursement for damages caused by the state road. Long story short, the state reimbursed me aprox $1,000 for tire and rim with the documentation from tire shop that proved the damage done and quote for new tire and rim. It took a year for reimbursement. FYI

Robert

Quick Reply: Ordering an E60 with different OEM Wheels?