Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ordered in Aug and still no car....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a car on august 8th, and I still haven't received it yet. I am seriously thinking about cancelling my order and getting my money back. Does anyone know if this is possible? BMW nor BMW NA have anything to tell me except it will be there soon, its on a boat, etc, etc... If someone paid me 40K for something, I would have an obligation to keep them informed on a day to day basis. I, as many of the site members, have to HUNT for information from BMW. I should have listened to my wife and brought a Jetta off the lot. I would have saved thousands and much better customer service.

If Anyone wants to buy a 525 lat a good price let me know. I'll sale it to you at a loss when it arrives.

Fuck BMW.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Senior Members

I ordered in August too and still waiting as well. It does indeed stink not having definite information on the arrival, however, that seems to be typical when you custom order.

It'll all be worth it once it arrives. At least get some enjoyment out of it before you sell..............
Old 11-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Contributors

AFAIK there are not alot of other car makes that let you track the cars being built. There is a general time frame from when you order it to when it arrives, and there will be variables based on shipping or other variables.

As far as cancelling the order, I guess it would depend on what has transpired. I only had a refundable deposit, and could have canceled anytime. Now that I have signed the papers for the car, I would guess that I would have to take the car and sell it. You will loose alot in the depreciation though I would think.

I actually ordered in June, but set it for a MY05. So my wait time will have been 5 months when I get my car, although I arranged to pick up on certain date.

Sorry your unhappy.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

We ordered our in November 2003 and got it 26-03-2004. that's five months....

Don't cancel your order, you will love the car when it arrives.

A VW Jetta ? Are you crazy?

Yes it's a long wait, but when the car arrives, oh boy
Old 11-11-2004, 10:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JBOO' date='Nov 11 2004, 08:07 PM
I ordered in August too and still waiting as well.? It does indeed stink not having definite information on the arrival, however, that seems to be typical when you custom order.

It'll all be worth it once it arrives.? At least get some enjoyment out of it before you sell..............
[snapback]55010[/snapback]
I ordered in August as well. I called my dealer last week and it was as a 155 at that time. He thinks it will be in transit this next week! Hang in there!!!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

If you are tired of waiting, Can't you just pick one of the 525s they have on the lot?
My dealer had several just sitting there waiting a couple of weeks ago, especially 525s,,, its not like you ordered a 545 fully loaded, right?

Talk to your dealer, perhaps he can exchange the one you ordered for one that is in their inventory of cars
Old 11-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 6 speed

Maybe its better for you to cancel the order if you consider a Jetta as an alternative...

Why did you not buy an e60 off the lot, every dealer around here has several of them.

Also, why don't you track the car online? My tracking worked perfectly, I ever knew where the ship was etc.

Did you ask your dealer about the production slot they had when you ordered the car? What timeframe did the dealer give you?

Jochen
Old 11-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60Sim' date='Nov 11 2004, 08:21 PM
We ordered our in November 2003 and got it 26-03-2004. that's five months....

Don't cancel your order, you will love the car when it arrives.

A VW Jetta ? Are you crazy? ? ?

Yes it's a long wait, but when the car arrives, oh boy? ?
[snapback]55017[/snapback]
The day you got your car was the day I ordered mine. Didn't get it until June 12th. Didn't have to wait for a boat.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Hang in there...mine took 4 1/2 months to arrive....
my 2 previous BMW's also took around 4 months.

I can understand that USA being the country of convenience, you can have and naturally expect something NOW...unfortunately a custom ordered car, especially german, takes time..

It will be worth it when you lay your eyes on it!!!

Take it easy.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, SMG, Silver Grey, Black leather w/anthracite trim, Premium, Sport, Cold, Rear Fold Down Seats, Rear Seat Heating, Xenons. Mods: 545i chrome grill, Euro Red Reflectors and 20% window tint. Coming Soon: Dual LCD monitors w/DVD and Subwoofer install.

That's nuts....I can't believe anyone has to wait that long? Are you at dealers with little to no allocations? I ordered my 2005 530i on Augst 19th. I picked it up at the dealer (USA-KS) on October 9th...with a week long VPC delay. I think that's less than 8 weeks.

Quick Reply: Ordered in Aug and still no car....