Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Order Tracking - Factory Ordered Options vs. Packages

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just placed a new order for a 2007 530i. This forum is incredibly helpful!

I have a quick question about order tracking on bmwusa.com.

My order details show "Factory Ordered Options" such as PDC, navigation, satellite radio, etc. but not the package options such as the premium package or sport package that I ordered. For those of you who have done this before, I'm assuming that just because these packages don't appear on the order tracking page doesn't mean they're not in the order (they're on the sheet the dealer faxed over, for example). Am I correct?
Old 06-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by chris.y' post='298688' date='Jun 16 2006, 04:44 PM

My order details show "Factory Ordered Options" such as PDC, navigation, satellite radio, etc. but not the package options such as the premium package or sport package that I ordered. For those of you who have done this before, I'm assuming that just because these packages don't appear on the order tracking page doesn't mean they're not in the order (they're on the sheet the dealer faxed over, for example). Am I correct?
I wouldn't trust the Tracking feature on bmwusa.com too much. It's not accurate from my experience. What is on the dealersheet is what you will be getting. When I did my ED last year, the website refresh was slowwwwwww.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:08 PM
DBU
Contributors

Originally Posted by chris.y' post='298688' date='Jun 16 2006, 04:44 PM

Your assumption is correct, i.e. the web-site does not spell out packages. What counts is what the dealer pulled from their on-line system and faxed to you. Unlike the experience of a lot of people, I found the updates on the BMWUSA website reasonable accurate and timely. The biggest lag between the website and the 1-800 number info was a day or two. BMWNA must be putting more effort in to the web-site tracking updates.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Premium Package, Sport Package (Bridgestone RFTs), Logic 7 Sound System, Nav System, Split Folding Rear Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Park Distance Control.

I just got my car today. The packages never appeared on the website but were intact on delivery. Don't worry!