Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Which Options should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535i Titanium Silver Metallic, xDrive, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, sat radio, rear split/heated seats, euro reflectors

I'm just about to finalize my order on a 530xi and would like advice on a few options. I've decided to go with the Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Rear Heated Seats, Split/Folding Seats and Sat radio but I am unsure of a few others and I'd like to solicit your opinions.

Comfort Assist (I feel like a lazy bastard ordering this but I also think its pretty stupid to insert the fob and then push the button) is it worth $1,000?

Premium Sound (I'm not a huge stereophile) 6 disc changer would be nice but am I going to notice a big difference between the base stereo and premium sound?

Thanks
Old 10-24-2005, 01:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by uny530xi' date='Oct 24 2005, 04:55 PM
I'm just about to finalize my order on a 530xi and would like advice on a few options. I've decided to go with the Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Rear Heated Seats, Split/Folding Seats and Sat radio but I am unsure of a few others and I'd like to solicit your opinions.

Comfort Assist (I feel like a lazy bastard ordering this but I also think its pretty stupid to insert the fob and then push the button) is it worth $1,000?

Premium Sound (I'm not a huge stereophile) 6 disc changer would be nice but am I going to notice a big difference between the base stereo and premium sound?

Thanks
[snapback]188186[/snapback]
I would get premium sound and the sport package. Comfort assist is no big deal. I wouldn't pay $1,000, but I like it. It should be standard and, therefore, free. ~{;^) Happy waiting.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 530 xi six speed manual/Silver gray-auburn/18inch-style123wheels/premium sound and package/HUD/PDC/sport/coldpackage/Sirius/M-aero kit/Nav/comfortseats/shades/comfort access tires: 245 40 18 Sottozero Pirelli winters (non runflats) 2004 RX330 Lexus - crystal white - reliable, quiet, and the "beater" car for ski trips, hauling, etc. 1995 E34 540i 6 speed black/truffle interior/alpinemp3/XMradio/M5 alloys (Many tears...sold to a fellow Boston bimmer enthusiast!)

I just ordered my 530xi and loaded it up -

I've tried the comfort seats - and they are incredible - since you will be in the car driving it the seat is important - I'd sacrifice other options for a great seat or just get it all!

also, the base stereo is pretty disappointing and so I'd upgrade the stereo.

Finally, get Nav or you'll end up with the small screen that seems more difficult to read than the 8.8 inch diagonal Nav screen when using Idrive -

good luck!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by wulff1' date='Oct 24 2005, 05:37 PM
I just ordered my 530xi and loaded it up -

I've tried the comfort seats - and they are incredible - since you will be in the car driving it the seat is important - I'd sacrifice other options for a great seat or just get it all!

also, the base stereo is pretty disappointing and so I'd upgrade the stereo.

Finally, get Nav or you'll end up with the small screen that seems more difficult to read than the 8.8 inch diagonal Nav screen when using Idrive -

good luck!
[snapback]188196[/snapback]
Yes, and Nav. I have the comfort seats and like them much. So, maybe you want them too.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Sport package is a MUST!!!! makes a HUGE difference in handling
Old 10-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Members

Navigation!!! This is an Absolute must!, then get the HUD, & Ventilated seats(I think this is best option, but costly $1000 plus Nasca Leather $1850)

Peace
Old 10-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Actually, the sport package for the 530xi includes only black window trim and sport seats so the handling is not affected. :thumbsdown: However, the sport pack is a prerequisite to get the 18 inch rim option which I would want.

Also, I would agree comfort seats are a must and the premium sound is worth it.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Senior Members

I concur with Low.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i Titanium Silver Metallic, xDrive, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, sat radio, rear split/heated seats, euro reflectors

Thank you for all of your feedback I've added Premium Sound
Old 10-26-2005, 07:02 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Your options look good (assuming you don't care about navigation and/or head up display, which are cool, but add quite a bit to the cost - one of the main benefits of getting nav, in my mind, is that it upgrades you from the 6.5" screen to the 8.8" screen that fills out the screen cowling better, but that's more of an aesthetic concern ).

Even though Comfort Access is kind of a ripoff at $1000, I went for it anyway, because I like the concept and how it's been implemented. For what it's worth, it's a lot more than just sensing if you're nearby, as it has considerations for whether the fob is approaching or is receding in distance, whether the fob is in the interior of the vehicle, things like that. Only you can decide if it's "worth it", but if you're even considering it, I'd say go for it.

You can see the way my upcoming 530xi is optioned below; can't wait for it to get here!

Quick Reply: Which Options should I get?