Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Is this not a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

I posted the following earlier in the week and have had no responses. I am posting locally on Saturday but I want opinions as to whether this is a good deal for someone or not. The lack of responses may be because most people who read this forum already have an e60.

Thanks

I have a 2005 545i that I would like to sell. It is brand new 2000 miles. Titanium Gray, black leather, anthracite trim, sport package, premium package, NAV, power rear sunshade, manual side rear sunshades, Bluetooth cradle for a T610 or a V710 your choice or you can buy your own snap-in for your phone, steptronic, split fold rear seats, SAT radio., tinted windows, clear front bra, red rear reflectors.

Here are the financial specs. I am going to pay 12k into the deal at BMW Financial Services which will make the monthly payment 725.00 for 42 months with 12,000 miles per year. I looked at the same configuration on BMWUSA.COM and with no money down...like this deal, you would pay 877.00 per month without sales tax. Sales tax can vary by location and could add a lot to that payment That is a savings of 6348.00 and no out of pocket. I am not sure if BMW will charge an assumption fee or security deposit. I am going to advertise locally so if you are interested let me know ASAP. I am sure that this will not last long with me putting that much into it. It is impossible to get that monthly with no money down.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545, Titanium Gray II, 6 Spd, CWP, Sat, LPP Laser Defense, V1 (hard-wired), iPod, 38% ceramic tint, CDV delete, H&R Street Performance Coil Overs, Forced Air Induction, DriveData Pro Camera System (4 cams), M5 Front Bumper

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Mar 24 2005, 11:14 AM
I have a 2005 545i that I would like to sell. It is brand new 2000 miles. Titanium Gray, black leather, anthracite trim, sport package, premium package, NAV, power rear sunshade, manual side rear sunshades, Bluetooth cradle for a T610 or a V710 your choice or you can buy your own snap-in for your phone, steptronic, split fold rear seats, SAT radio., tinted windows, clear front bra, red rear reflectors.

Here are the financial specs. I am going to pay 12k into the deal at BMW Financial Services which will make the monthly payment 725.00 for 42 months with 12,000 miles per year. I looked at the same configuration on BMWUSA.COM and with no money down...like this deal, you would pay 877.00 per month without sales tax. Sales tax can vary by location and could add a lot to that payment That is a savings of 6348.00 and no out of pocket. I am not sure if BMW will charge an assumption fee or security deposit. I am going to advertise locally so if you are interested let me know ASAP. I am sure that this will not last long with me putting that much into it. It is impossible to get that monthly with no money down.
[snapback]105987[/snapback]
Ledbttm,

I think you are missing some important details from your description.

What's unclear from your description are the following:

- Why are you selling?
- What's wrong with it?
- Has it ever been wrecked, etc.
- How long have you owned it (months)?
- Most important, what is the total amount of liability being assumed by the buyer? You mention that you will put 12k down, but what is the total amount owed by the buyer?
- Would the buyer be assuming your lease? Can the buyer just pay cash or finance it instead?
- If you are leasing now and wish to get out of it, have you looked into SwapALease.com?
Old 03-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Members

The deal is ok, but you can get a new one for about the same... I don't see why you should have to put 12k into the deal to get the payment to 725, unless you really got a bad deal to begin with...

the bmw site doesn't account for the current money factor they are offering right now on the 545i...
Old 03-24-2005, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

I am selling because I have to relocate out of the country and my employer is making it easier for me to sell then try to ship it. There is nothing wrong with it and I bought it a month ago. 36 days to be precise Never recked...not even a door ding. I did not know when I bought it that my situation was changing so drastically. The buyer would be assuming the lease with approx. 29K in total payments. I don't care if someone want to buy it or finance it. I tried SwapALease a while ago with a different car and it did not work at all...even with a very low payment.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Contributors

FikseGTS,

I don't see how you can get the same payment with 0.00 (zero) out of pocket. Even with low money factors. Are there promotions going on nationally that I am not aware of?
Old 03-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Members

not the same, but close... assuming a decent discount, 4k, which is possible....

my lease calculator does this:

msrp: 64,565
agreed price: 60,565
residual: 61%
money factor .001

$688/month + tax for 36 months/12k miles per year

the inceptions would be due at signing using the above numbers, if you roll in about 2k in inceptions, the payment goes to $740 /month....

the payment might be less if you move to 42/months.... I don't have those numbers...

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Mar 24 2005, 12:44 PM
FikseGTS,

I don't see how you can get the same payment with 0.00 (zero) out of pocket. Even with low money factors. Are there promotions going on nationally that I am not aware of?
[snapback]106049[/snapback]
Old 03-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Members

You did not know that you were going to move out of the country before you just bought your car 36 days ago?
Old 03-24-2005, 11:29 AM

No I did not know I was moving 36 days ago. My company does not make a habit of announcing aquisitions a month in advance. Anyway...I think your logic is still that you will somehow get 4K off the car and while that is possible, most dealers are VERY stiff on price and many buyers are not successful at getting a 4k discount. I have read many posts on this board where people are lucky to squeek a couple of thousand out. I think the short of it is what the used 05 market looks like. I went out to SwapALease and only found 2 2005 545i's. One was new from a dealer. (I hate it when they figure out that the website is there and try to sell new.)Of the two both had a higher payment and fewer options. I think maybe I should just try there and see what happens.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

Tell me more about your car? What does it have? and take a look your account at BMW owner circle and find out the current purchase price for your car.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:58 AM

The current purchase price is 58480.00. All of the options are listed in the first post at the top. I think I included everything. What else are you curious about?

Quick Reply: Is this not a good deal?