Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Nightmare at Jimmy Lube any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009 | 02:40 PM
Members

All I wanted to do was have my summer tires put on. So Jiffy lube did and they put one of the rears on the front and I rolled out of the bay and the sound was unreal I immediately turned around and was like hello what the hell did you do. Then I looked at the sizes and saw they put the 275/45 up front. Well needless to say it wasn?t as easy as a simple swap, the front right strut is scratched like hell and I can?t tell if it is bent but its definitely jacked up. Pictures are below. Does anyone think I have any action I called the District Manager and he basically told me I was SOL so should I bother getting my lawyer involved or just pray that it is just a cosmetic scratch? Thanks guys and girls. I am freaking pissed as hell now I know to never trust a shitty shop like Jiffy lube even for the simplest of tasks. Sorry the pictures suck I was using my cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails Nightmare at Jimmy Lube any recommendations?-387967419_1341891038_0.jpeg   Nightmare at Jimmy Lube any recommendations?-387967577_1341891603_0.jpeg   Nightmare at Jimmy Lube any recommendations?-387967778_1341892333_0.jpeg  
Old 04-17-2009 | 02:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

I would think that would fall under negligence. They should be responsible for any related repairs I would hope. A small claims case would be appropriate. A small claims case on a high profile TV show even more so
Old 04-17-2009 | 02:52 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

+1. the district manager said you were SOL? they made a glaring mistake on their part. sue their f*ing asses!

michael

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='850628' date='Apr 17 2009, 03:43 PM
I would think that would fall under negligence. They should be responsible for any related repairs I would hope. A small claims case would be appropriate. A small claims case on a high profile TV show even more so
Old 04-17-2009 | 02:55 PM
Contributors

honestly man you will probably spend more money on a lawyer if you win then if you try to take it to corporate. I would also get in contact with the BBB and your local news station that deals with consumer voices and what not. All of that is free and will have far more effective outcomes than anything else

The only people that ever win in a court room are the lawyers.
Old 04-17-2009 | 02:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wow! Ya, i dont trust these places. I had a nail in my car and they needed to patch it, I decided to pay extra and goto a place that i know actually specialized in tires.
Old 04-17-2009 | 03:01 PM
Contributors

get the car checked out by a good place or a dealer. If something is seriously wrong approach the manager with the repair quote. If he refuses, sue him for the damges and your legal fee's.
Old 04-17-2009 | 03:02 PM
Members

I just can't get over the fact that they didn't look at the tire sizes, the manager tried to argue with me that they never see that and I looked over to where the employees park their car and there was a mustang and sure enough he had staggered tires but he wasn't working on my car. I am just amazed.
Old 04-17-2009 | 03:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PhiNally' post='850638' date='Apr 17 2009, 04:02 PM
I just can't get over the fact that they didn't look at the tire sizes, the manager tried to argue with me that they never see that and I looked over to where the employees park their car and there was a mustang and sure enough he had staggered tires but he wasn't working on my car. I am just amazed.

bmw's are staggered from the factory and he is lying or extremely ignorant. Id laugh if he has a bmw too.
Old 04-17-2009 | 03:19 PM
Members

That is what I said and he was like well I know 5 series don't what series do you have.....I was like wow you are a dumbass. But I have contacted Corporate Jiffy Lube and am filling out a complaint with BBB so we will see what Corporate has to say.
Old 04-17-2009 | 03:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PhiNally' post='850656' date='Apr 17 2009, 04:19 PM
That is what I said and he was like well I know 5 series don't what series do you have.....I was like wow you are a dumbass. But I have contacted Corporate Jiffy Lube and am filling out a complaint with BBB so we will see what Corporate has to say.

Good, be calm and reasonable. The more you are the more they will probably be willing to help you out.

Quick Reply: Nightmare at Jimmy Lube any recommendations?