Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

new purchase tomorrow- advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmartin' date='Oct 7 2004, 10:07 PM
Welcome Wassy. For my opinion on your questions just look at my sig!
[snapback]42394[/snapback]

wow - looks awesome... you got it all! how about the Nasca leather, how is that possible? is that a Priority One?
Old 10-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 7 2004, 11:09 PM
thanks Rudy, and others.? I think JDN is saying the comfort seats are THAT much better, not the sports!
[snapback]42396[/snapback]
I'm reading that he's answering your question "Does anyone like the sport seats?" I'm sure he'll chime in here and set one of us straight...
Old 10-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Senior Members

Don't forget, the sports package is more than one feature. It has the anti-roll, the larger wheels, the swivel lights (is that correct?), and a bunch of other stuff. For me it really magnifies the BMW qualities. Some have said that it makes the ride less smooth, but the only aspect on that I could imagine is that the low profile tires are more suseptable to pot holes....
Old 10-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 7 2004, 03:36 PM
hi all.? great forums!!

looking tomorrow to switch from an X5 to 545 or even 530.? a couple of questions, looking for many opinions.

Sport pkg or NOT?

Comfort seats or sport?? are the sport seats on the e60 any different than they? ? were on the e39?

Logic7?? or is standard any good? I have premium sound now in the X5, and love it, much better than stock!

also, color wise, I can get a 2004 545 Silver Gray/Black.? 2005 not gonna happen, leases are too expensive.? I will probably add the newer wood pieces, and BT retro, when and if available.

hoping to hear from you all, soon!

andy
[snapback]42370[/snapback]
welcome aboard, wassy ! you've just joined the best bmw forum on the planet . i agree with forcerecontrojan. you gotta test drive both sport and non sport before you make any decision. i test drove both and i like the way sport drives but my gf said it's too bumpy and noisy for her taste . so i picked the non sport. since you had both sport and non sport e39 before. you s/b able to tell which one you like better. i think the comparison will be quite similar for e60 sport and non sport.

i didn't order logic7 since i didn't want to wait 3 months or more for my car. but if you have the premium sound in your x5 now, i personally think you "need" logic7. that is quite simple. you've been spoiled. just like you are driving x5 now, will you take a toyota highlander?

silver gray/black is a very nice combo, i have that as well .

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 7 2004, 04:10 PM
confused by your response.? DSP - are you referring to the X5 premium sound?? Bottom line - are you happy with the Logic 7?

also, per you X5 comparo - i know the 545 is faster, i am most interested in the seats, though, and the sports package.? I have had spt pkg on 2 previous E39's, and 1 E39 without.? I am being told that the ARS is a must have and that there is too much body roll without the sports package.

problem here is i have to get a 2004, and there aren't too many with comfort seats.. in fact, there are none at my dealer.
[snapback]42379[/snapback]
comfort seats or not, this one will be tough for you since you can't compare both. but i've only heard good thing about comfort seats.

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 7 2004, 05:09 PM
what about the run flats on the sports package?

if i don't get the sports package, I can get a sapphire black/tan with Navi, shades and logic 7.. does the car handle great w/o sports - anyone?
[snapback]42396[/snapback]
a lot of the members are having problems with runflats. noise it the major problem. if you do a search, you'll see there are many discussions.

i don't have sport pkg and the handle is flawless, love it . but again, i test drove the one w/sport pkg, love it even more but can't win over gf .
Old 10-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Senior Members

oh, gdavis just reminded me one thing, if you get 530 and want the sport pkg, you have to get leather seats. leatherette is standard but not leather. so many people, including me, might as well get the prem pkg. that's the reason why so many people order sport pkg for 530 will get prem pkg as well. one more thing you might need to think about after you get the sport pkg is smg or steptronic. no sport pkg, no smg. i think you have a lot to think about before making your final decision . if i were you, i'd definitely think about '05 and '04 since '04 will be a brand new "old" car soon :'(. ask your sales advisor about the price diff. i'd take the '05 if the price is $3-4k more.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Senior Members

Sport seats get uncomfortable for me after about an hour.

The sport package turns your ride into a mad handling machine. I made a right turn on a regular street at 45mph, no brakes, a tiny bit of tire squeal, little body lean. Scared the heck out of my brother-in-law.

The logic 7 is a very good system. One member added a subwoofer in the trunk to the standard system with good results. Another tried it and didn't want to drive the the rear center section down and is removing the sub because the trunk is too sound proof.

Get as many options as you can afford.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:49 AM
Senior Members

Wassy - Nasca leather and vent. seats are priority one options thus they will be almost impossible to find on a dealer's lot. I'm surprised Iceman hasn't chimed in about his favorite part of the sports package - Active Steering.
It looks like you need to determine which car on the lot has the options/color you like the most. Tough decision but you'll be a happy E60 owner no matter what!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gmartin' date='Oct 8 2004, 05:49 AM
Wassy - Nasca leather and vent. seats are priority one options thus they will be almost impossible to find on a dealer's lot.? I'm surprised Iceman hasn't chimed in about his favorite part of the sports package - Active Steering.
It looks like you need to determine which car on the lot has the options/color you like the most. Tough decision but you'll be a happy E60 owner no matter what!
[snapback]42489[/snapback]

wow guys... Aloha - you are right - the best forum yet... and I've been on forums a while now.

I would love to order an '05, but I am fortunate enough that BMW has really stood behind their name and is, in simplistic terms, swapping my x5 for the 545 (or 530, depending). 545 is a go with about a $61,500 MSRP.. had too many problems with the X5. way too many in 60 days.

I am very dissapointed I won't have Bluetooth on the 2004, and truly hope a retro will become avail very soon. I will purchase the extra wood trim at the parts counter.

Logic7 seems to be a definite. comfort seats are going to be tough, because I need dealer stock... so....I will go to dealer today, test drive a couple, and let you all know.

thanks so much.. truly, you guys are awesome! thanks for the welcomes!
Old 10-08-2004, 03:36 AM
Contributors

I heard confort seat a +. I dont have them and I wish i had them when taking curves. I am fine with the standard sound system. Not a music freak. I guess.

Sportpkg or not it depends how much noise you want to hear while driving.
I think my next one will have sportpkg though.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 8 2004, 03:36 AM
hi all.? great forums!!
Welcome

Sport pkg or NOT?
We are having a little get together tomorrow 2nd Meeting of the E60's, Grosser Feldberg, Taunus, Germany and plan on trying to take some pictures for comparison of sport and non-sport E60's in the same turn at the same speed. The weather may not cooperate but stay tuned.

Comfort seats or sport?
Comfort seats also add the active head restraint system - whiplash protection. Don't know if that matters to you or not but the breaks on the E60 are the best around which only increases the chance of getting rear-ended.

Logic7? or is standard any good?
I will guess you are in the US so the standard system is the hifi system which is the middle of the line offered in the E60. Sounds OK to me

Quick Reply: new purchase tomorrow- advice needed