Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

new guy here with a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. I'm new here and have really picked up much from reading others experiences. I do have a couple of questions if anyone has a moment. I am currently leasing a 2004 Volvo S60R. Not a vehicle that is worth the money in my experience. I have decided when my lease is up next year, a 550 will be ordered. My lease comes up in December. I would not like to have my new vehicle arrive until late April or early May as it will be no fun to have a beautiful new car delivered in the middle of a New England winter. Is there an average time people are seeing from time of order until time of delivery? Also, considering my timeframe, are there any ordering blackout points during the year, specifically in the spring when I will be ordering, that I should be concerned with in relation to my ideal delivery date? Any help would be great and I look forward to joining the club!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Contributors

Hello taken -

Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. Good choice moving to the 550. It's an amazing car.

Why wait? Why not get yourself a nice present next December? Hey, it's a BMW, which means it is designed to handle the best and worst of the Bavarian Alps. New England, even in the winter, will be a cake-walk for the 550 (just get some good winter rubber).

Your car should take about 8 weeks to get to you from the time of your order to arrival at your dealer. Your mileage may vary.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:27 PM
HHP
Members

My Ride: 06 550 SMG |Comfort seats | sport, premium sound and cold weather packages | active steer | Navigation |comfort access | rear seat heat | rear seat fold down| sirius|

I would have to agree on the wait. You guys on the east coast will definitelly get cars much more quickly than those of us out west. you will not be disapointefd on the 550.. I have 400 miles on my car, and it is the best ride ever!
Old 11-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Members

Thanks for the welcome guys. It's not the winter performance I'm worried about. It's the snow, salt, and rocks that cover the roads around these parts from Dec until April. I just couldn't in good conscience drive a new $66,000 car the first day in that kind of mess. A springtime delivery is what I'm looking for. Clean roads and clean feet for my new carpet.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Welcome to the greatest forum of all time. My car took 11 weeks from order to dealer delivery but maybe by next Spring 550i's will be abundent on every dealer lot and you can find one you like already in stock.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

depends what you want. If you want a silver/grey auto with just the basic options you should be able to find one on a lot. Getting your exact one probably will take 8 weeks - maybe a little less. I am getting a 530xi - and these are easier to find. It seems on the West Coast the 550's are more expensive - though I am not sure if this means harder to come by or not.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:02 AM
Members

Welcome taken. My A6 lease is up in March and my dealer told me to order my car right after the new year. The safe route is to assume about 10 weeks delivery, that is on the high side, but as said by mid next year there should be some 550s on the lots.

I feel as you do, I want my car delivered in March/April so as not to worry about winter snow/ice when brand new. Hope to see you around
Old 11-29-2005, 07:23 AM
Members

Actually my lease isn't up until a year from tomorrow, so by what you folks are saying, there will be plenty around in the spring of 07. However, I am ordering to get exactly what I want. I figure at 66.4k, I want exactly what I want. It's going to be hard to wait another year. Very hard...

In case anyone is interested, my configuration is below:

Black Sapphire
Black Leather
Anthracite
Front Comfort Seats
Cold Weather Package
Premium Sound Package
Navigation
Rear Seat Heating
HUD
Split Folding Rear Seats
Rear Deck Spoiler
Illuminated Door Sills

It stickers at $66,650. I wonder what kind of deal I can find...
Old 11-29-2005, 08:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by taken' post='204749' date='Nov 29 2005, 11:23 AM
Actually my lease isn't up until a year from tomorrow, so by what you folks are saying, there will be plenty around in the spring of 07. However, I am ordering to get exactly what I want. I figure at 66.4k, I want exactly what I want. It's going to be hard to wait another year. Very hard...

In case anyone is interested, my configuration is below:

Black Sapphire
Black Leather
Anthracite
Front Comfort Seats
Cold Weather Package
Premium Sound Package
Navigation
Rear Seat Heating
HUD
Split Folding Rear Seats
Rear Deck Spoiler
Illuminated Door Sills

It stickers at $66,650. I wonder what kind of deal I can find...

No sport package? That is a must for me. The year wait will be unbearable, I know my last 3 months have seemed like a year, and I still have 4 more months to go.

I like the exterior color choice, here is how I plan to configure mine:

Sapphire Black
Auburn Interior
Dark poplar
SMG
Sport package
Cold weather
Active steering
Nav
Premium Sound
Split folding
Comfort Access
Comfort seats (still up in the air on these)
Satelite radio

That bumps me up to a 68k sticker
Old 11-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Members

Can't go with another car with sport package. I'm on nine rims on my R as the roads around here just are too rough. Nine or ten tires too. Looking for all season tires and pure comfort on the ride. I'll trade your 4 months for my 12...

Quick Reply: new guy here with a couple of questions